Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enclosed Trailer Guys....Vintage Outlaw quality?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 02:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SlowFormula
I alway wondered what the guys with those type of trailers do with the section that stretches out over the bed especially if they have cabinets in there, couldn't you use that as a bit of a sleeping area?
sure can...or can use it as storage area
Old 02-01-2008, 03:20 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fireball
dually truck

semi's are 53'

as for the dragging, dealer suggested getting skid wheels for that reason

wrong not many are 53' 80% of the trailers are 48ft some 45ft a few 53" out there. My dad owns a trucking compnay i mite just no
Old 02-01-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1984camaroz28
wrong not many are 53' 80% of the trailers are 48ft some 45ft a few 53" out there. My dad owns a trucking compnay i mite just no
I see quite a few around here that are stickered as 53' LOL

At that length...whats 5 more feet
Old 02-01-2008, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I've thought a few times to adding a towing or towing/ track gear forum.
I think this would be a great idea.

There are very few places on the net that have good information about towing. When I bought my truck and trailer it was a struggle to find info on what I'm rated to tow, how much I can possibly tow and how much I can safely tow (all are different).

The cummins forum has a huge towing section with tons of info. It is great factual towing information, but little of it was specific to towing race cars. Things like what to outfit a trailer with, what straps to tie down with, where to buy parts, interchangeability, use, safety, brands etc.

I've seen some scary "tow rigs" that are a danger mostly because of ignorance. It took me a good while to figure out what a weight distributing hitch was, sway control, trailer brakes (controlers) and all of that other safety equipment.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tireburnin

There are very few places on the net that have good information about towing. When I bought my truck and trailer it was a struggle to find info on what I'm rated to tow, how much I can possibly tow and how much I can safely tow (all are different).

The cummins forum has a huge towing section with tons of info. It is great factual towing information, but little of it was specific to towing race cars. Things like what to outfit a trailer with, what straps to tie down with, where to buy parts, interchangeability, use, safety, brands etc.

I've seen some scary "tow rigs" that are a danger mostly because of ignorance. It took me a good while to figure out what a weight distributing hitch was, sway control, trailer brakes (controlers) and all of that other safety equipment.
thats where I found alot of info...on the diesel boards...
Old 02-01-2008, 04:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tireburnin

good points, plus it opens up an avenue for more board sponsors too...

Quick Reply: Enclosed Trailer Guys....Vintage Outlaw quality?