Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lingenfelter Launch Control (2-step)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 07:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW this thread is still kicking! That 2-step is awesome.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:45 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Jason (from LPE) sent you an e-mail a while back, have you gotten a chance to take a look at it?
Old 05-12-2008, 05:05 AM
8 Second Club

i would also like to know if there is a benifit of running it on an auto car without a trans brake . will it help with stalling the car up??

and is this a soft rev limiter ( kinda like on a deisel - tach just stays put and not bounce around??)
Old 05-12-2008, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone have any videos of this thing on the track?
Old 05-12-2008, 11:50 AM
9 Second Club

Heres how it works,4500 rpm,trans brake&linelock all controlled with one button

Ray T

http://northshoremusclecars.vidiac.c...6a00fc4fc1.htm
Old 05-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Race your car!

Ray could you send me a wiring diagram of how you have it wired, I have my nitrous wired to come on at the release of the transbrake, I dunno exactly how I"m gonna get the nitrous to turn off and the 2 step to turn on with one button, I am sure it can be done I think I must be just missing something (nitrous is on when the arm switch is on, WOT switch is on and the transbrake is NOT on, transbrake is on, it turns off, so I can put my foot to the floor on the brake and then just let go of the button, same way I want the 2 step to work as well)
Old 05-12-2008, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by RayZ06
Heres how it works,4500 rpm,trans brake&linelock all controlled with one button

Ray T

http://northshoremusclecars.vidiac.c...6a00fc4fc1.htm

why would you want the line lock on while the trans break is?

dosen't make sense to me
Old 05-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Race your car!

probably stops the car from rolling foreward when the transbrake is applied. If you deep stage all the time I can see where it would be helpful.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:31 PM
9 Second Club

Trans Brake cars like to take a set and move forward just a tad. this prevents it.True Drag Race Transmission companys(Select) will always tell you to wire the TB and LL together.There is another button on the shifter that controls the LL for burnouts.

Ray T
Old 07-17-2008, 10:06 PM
9 Second Club

If connected to the brake and I have to hit the brakes in the bracket race under part throttle, what will happen. I need one NOW!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 08:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

REDGAR - If you have it activated through your brake switch, like mine, then if you need to scrub some time at the big end by hitting the brakes if you're still on the gas at the same time then you will hit the preset rev limiter. That's why I have the master switch on my dash to shut it off. I launch, assess everything and make sure the car is going smoothly, flip the toggle switch off, then watch for my competitor, and do whatever I need to do from there (brake, lift, 2-foot it, and etc.).

With the master switch off it will never activate, with it on it will when the brake is applied and I try to rev past my launch RPM it activates. I don't have a line lock yet so I roll into the burnout box and make sure the switch is off, foot brake my burnout, and during my walk up to the line I flip the 2-step toggle on, light the first stage light, bring it up on the 2-step, slowly lift the brake enough to creep into the second bulb, then just lift my foot off the brake when the tree drops and off I go...
Old 07-18-2008, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

exactly. run 2 switchs. I have a hand held micro switch as the master. i just drop it a little bit after i launch.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Race your car!

If you hook this thing up to the transbrake switch, can it, like the transbrake be activated only when the switch is down? I have my nitrous wired so that it is disabled by the transbrake so I can put my foot to the floor then let go, brake comes off and nitrous turns on.

Ideally I want to put one of these on my car, but have it activated by the transbrake button like the brake and the nitrous disable is so that way everything's normal unless the button for the brake/2 step is on.

Can it be wired that way? I sent the wiring diagram to the guy @ lingenfelter but I never heard back form him to see if it would work that way.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
If you hook this thing up to the transbrake switch, can it, like the transbrake be activated only when the switch is down? I have my nitrous wired so that it is disabled by the transbrake so I can put my foot to the floor then let go, brake comes off and nitrous turns on.

Ideally I want to put one of these on my car, but have it activated by the transbrake button like the brake and the nitrous disable is so that way everything's normal unless the button for the brake/2 step is on.

Can it be wired that way? I sent the wiring diagram to the guy @ lingenfelter but I never heard back form him to see if it would work that way.
yes it can
Old 07-18-2008, 01:13 PM
CARTEK Racing

Im thinking of getting this...

can it be wired to the clutch pedal like the circuit that allows you to turn the car on only fater the clutch is fully depressed?

I dont push the clutch to the floor when I shift down track, so Im not worried about it kicking in on the shift.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

the problem with the clutch switch and brake switch is that the circit is closed when not depressed. I just ran off the wire going to the brake lights that gets 12V when you hit the brakes. It ties into a relay that then controls it all
Old 07-18-2008, 07:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6

Yes you can do it this way.. We wired mine up exactly like this.. 1st stage of nitrous is on a wide open throttle switch.. The transbrake button on the steering wheel disables the nitrous when pressed, but also activates the LPE 2-step at the same time.. Press the button, put the bitch on the 2-step, release the button and the 1st kit is on and your movin!!
Old 07-26-2008, 11:21 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default New Lingenfelter launch controller sneak peak

The second generation Lingenfelter launch controllers/2-steps should be shipping by the end of July (or maybe the first day or two of August).

People who have back orders for the existing design will automatically get upgraded to the new design at no extra cost (the old price). The new launch controllers will be a little more expensive ($274.95 vs $249.95).

The new features include:
  • custom molded low profile glass filled Nylon case for much higher temperature resistance and access to the adjust settings without having to remove the case cover
  • dedicated timing retard trigger wire so you can activate the launch controller via 12vdc or ground and still use the timing retard feature
  • a 3 bar MAP sensor input harness and boost based timing retard adjustments
  • timing retard rate adjustment (for nitrous applications)
  • an analog voltage output wire so you can output the timing retard from our controller to EFILive, HPTuners, DashDAQ, etc.
  • increased timing retard authority (compared to the LNC-001R)
Here is a picture of one of the first assembled units:

I will get better pictures and a more complete description posted in the next couple of days.

We should have them up on the web site and eBay store in a couple of days as well. The LNC-001R is still on the web site but we are out of them so if you order the LNC-001R you will really get an LNC-002. We took them off the eBay store but they should be back up in a couple of days.

The biggest delay will probably be me getting the updated instructions done.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:35 AM
9 Second Club

Thanks for the update.
I am hoping to get mine before Aug 2 for my race.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

wow..wished i would have known about this new one coming out. is there anyway i can switch my brand new LPE 2 step to this one?

Quick Reply: Lingenfelter Launch Control (2-step)