Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lingenfelter Launch Control (2-step)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 06:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigsticksupra
wow..wished i would have known about this new one coming out. is there anyway i can switch my brand new LPE 2 step to this one?
Me too!
Old 07-28-2008, 06:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got one of these ordered for a M6 blower car.I'll work something out to work off the top clutch switch and make sure it stays off after launch.If this stuttered too much on shifts it will throw our belt.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jason Haines @ LPE
The second generation Lingenfelter launch controllers/2-steps should be shipping by the end of July (or maybe the first day or two of August).

People who have back orders for the existing design will automatically get upgraded to the new design at no extra cost (the old price). The new launch controllers will be a little more expensive ($274.95 vs $249.95).

The new features include:
  • custom molded low profile glass filled Nylon case for much higher temperature resistance and access to the adjust settings without having to remove the case cover
  • dedicated timing retard trigger wire so you can activate the launch controller via 12vdc or ground and still use the timing retard feature
  • a 3 bar MAP sensor input harness and boost based timing retard adjustments
  • timing retard rate adjustment (for nitrous applications)
  • an analog voltage output wire so you can output the timing retard from our controller to EFILive, HPTuners, DashDAQ, etc.
  • increased timing retard authority (compared to the LNC-001R)
Here is a picture of one of the first assembled units:

I will get better pictures and a more complete description posted in the next couple of days.

We should have them up on the web site and eBay store in a couple of days as well. The LNC-001R is still on the web site but we are out of them so if you order the LNC-001R you will really get an LNC-002. We took them off the eBay store but they should be back up in a couple of days.

The biggest delay will probably be me getting the updated instructions done.
Jason,
I spoke with you at the end of last week about hooking this up with my T-brake and getting voltage feedback in the circuit.
Well I sent it back to you just yesterday, so is there anyway that I can upgrade to the new unit?
I will give you a call in regards to this later in the week.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Justin
Old 07-31-2008, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

please?
Old 07-31-2008, 04:28 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LNC-001 to LNC-002

Several people have asked about this. I don't think we can take the old units in on trade. We would have to sell them as used so we would have to give a fairly low trade in value on them for it to be cost effective for us to do this. If we decided not to sell them and instead just destroyed them then the trade in value would have to be even less.

I will look into this further but I think it would be more cost effective for customers to sell the LNC-001R as a used unit and then purchase the LNC-002.

Jason

Originally Posted by Black2001z06
Jason,
I spoke with you at the end of last week about hooking this up with my T-brake and getting voltage feedback in the circuit.
Well I sent it back to you just yesterday, so is there anyway that I can upgrade to the new unit?
I will give you a call in regards to this later in the week.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Justin
Old 08-01-2008, 07:24 AM
TECH Addict

Im glad i held off the new features are nice! I think my cousins go0na try it on his street car.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Restricted User

I had my LPE launch control take a dump on me a few weeks back. Car wouldn't start at all. Sent it back to them, when they got it they put it in a car and it worked fine. So idk, cost me about $30 shipping to get it there and back. I got it back about a week ago and no problems yet....

P.S. I'm running it with MSD Coils

-Dave
Old 08-02-2008, 08:02 AM
9 Second Club

It is August...did they ship yet?
Old 08-03-2008, 04:03 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah I sure wish there was some way that LPE would take these older units in on trade.. I haven't even used mine yet (except testing in the parking lot) and I can already tell that version 1 is gonna be a pain in the *** to adjust it during track testing..
Old 08-04-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah, that makes me kinda sad....
Old 08-06-2008, 10:21 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default LNC-002 shipping status

The first batch of our second generation launch controllers (LNC-002) are shipping out tomorrow (Thursday the 6th). The first batch should cover most of the back orders. The second batch should be ready to ship out next week.

The new instructions are done and as soon as they are on the web site, I will post a link to them.

Originally Posted by REDGAR
It is August...did they ship yet?
Old 08-07-2008, 07:41 AM
9 Second Club

Thanks for the update Jason
Old 08-07-2008, 07:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default Instructions for LNC-002

The LNC-002 controllers shipped out today. I think we filled almost all the back orders so we are out of stock right now. We should have another batch done by the end of next week.

Here is a link to the instructions:

http://www.lingenfelter.com/document...rollerv1.0.pdf

If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, feedback etc. after reading the instructions, contact me.

The first batch of our second generation launch controllers (LNC-002) are shipping out tomorrow (Thursday the 6th). The first batch should cover most of the back orders. The second batch should be ready to ship out next week.

The new instructions are done and as soon as they are on the web site, I will post a link to them.

Last edited by Jason Haines @ LPE; 08-07-2008 at 07:57 PM. Reason: TYPO
Old 08-07-2008, 08:08 PM
9 Second Club

The LNC-002 controllers shipped out today. I think we filled almost all the back orders so we are out of stock right now. We should have another batch done by the end of next week.

Here is a link to the instructions:

http://www.lingenfelter.com/document...rollerv1.0.pdf

If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, feedback etc. after reading the instructions, contact me.
Thanks. Looks like mine is in the mail. Hope I can get it for this weekend.

I noticed the diagrams still reference LNC-001
Old 08-07-2008, 08:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default launch controller diagrams

Good catch. Yes, the wiring diagrams are still the LNC-001R wiring diagrams. I didn't have time to get new diagrams done. I hope to have the updated wiring diagrams done next week. When the revised instructions are done we will put them on the web site available for download.

The wiring differences are the added wires for the analog voltage output, the MAP sensor input and the dedicated timing retard trigger wire. The RPM limit activation wires are the same as are the coil pack connections. The wires are labeled on the LNC-002 label and are described in the instructions.

Originally Posted by REDGAR
Thanks. Looks like mine is in the mail. Hope I can get it for this weekend.

I noticed the diagrams still reference LNC-001
Old 08-09-2008, 06:06 PM
11 Second Club

Got mine today......Great looking product.....It should really fly now because I got a new sticker!!!!!!!

Last edited by getusum; 08-09-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:24 PM
9 Second Club

Got mine today too. Too bad I was at the track when it arrived. I could have used it
Old 08-11-2008, 07:52 PM
9 Second Club

<----- stupid questions???

Im gonna throw in my 2 step just got it. Thanks LPE!

What settings should i start with? should i not touch timing, and see how much boost it builds and 3k and go up? see how the car launches and play around or what? Thnaks in advance. Chris
Old 08-12-2008, 11:12 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default Recommended starting point.

Yes, I would recommend not using the timing retard at the line at first and see what boost you get just on the 2-step. Depending on your turbo configuration and your suspension/tire setup, that may already give you the boost you need. Then you can work on changing launch rpm or timing retard level once you have gotten a baseline setting that seems to work.

Originally Posted by Sideways240sx
<----- stupid questions???

Im gonna throw in my 2 step just got it. Thanks LPE!

What settings should i start with? should i not touch timing, and see how much boost it builds and 3k and go up? see how the car launches and play around or what? Thnaks in advance. Chris
Old 08-13-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Regular

Kinda off topic here but for you guys bitching about no trade ins I'm interested in one of the older units if anybody wants to sell theirs.

LMK

Doug

Quick Reply: Lingenfelter Launch Control (2-step)