Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

still cant hook

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anti squat is your friend. Introduce yourself to him.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Launching!

Could just be me I suppose, but right off the hit I'm watching the top of the fender and the top of the rim (most noticable comparison as they are both white). I see the rear quickly squat about 1 inch and then it comes back to ride height around 5 feet out at precisely the moment the tires start chirping. Anyway, I don't want this thread to get off track, but that's what I see. Either way, the car's not gonna do any worse with some more AS.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its not squatting what you see if the front end comming up and the rear end PIVOTING over the rear axle....granted i knoiw it not pushing down hard enough...i got a pinion finder im goana go see what the angle is on the lca's

simple question guys do yall think me at 360hp on motot and 495 on one kit is too much for the 255/50/16 mt dr do i need to goto a slick? if so ill do that and work from there...if yall think i can hook this im goana keep tweeking on it(iv been 1.45 before and i know heavier cars in the 1.35 range)
thanks for the imput guys

crashinaz-the car's not gonna do any worse with some more AS.????
Old 04-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Banned

who has the best quality videos? i can post them on youtube or something to be easier and bigger for you guys to see...the 20psi is what id like to work off of...i think the pressure is about right....the chocks were loose and front end was about 5 inches off the ground so it musta been better than the others...and it was my best 60 although none were good
Old 04-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Launching!

Haha. OK. I'm aware of it pivoting... That's why I said the top of the fender and the top of the wheel which are both directly above the fulcrum. I just see a quick bounce it there and it seems directly related to instant you loose some traction.

AS - Anti-Squat. See if you can just pick up a set of cheap stock rear springs. I bet you'd be surprised with the results. You can work your way down to an acceptable height from there .
Old 04-07-2008, 07:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok after many reviews I realized what you are seeing is the tires being pushed into the pavment and teh car dropping accordingly.

I sawMADMAN on earlier make sure you shoot him the video

Originally Posted by crashinaz
Haha. OK. I'm aware of it pivoting... That's why I said the top of the fender and the top of the wheel which are both directly above the fulcrum. I just see a quick bounce it there and it seems directly related to instant you loose some traction.

AS - Anti-Squat. See if you can just pick up a set of cheap stock rear springs. I bet you'd be surprised with the results. You can work your way down to an acceptable height from there .
Old 04-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I sawMADMAN on earlier make sure you shoot him the video
im not goana bug him with it since im not a customer...if hes willing to help he can post and ill send him a vid or pm me...im sure enough other people bug him...although hes close and i might get getting a cage/subframes from him if he can talk me into it
Old 04-07-2008, 07:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by daniel6718
im not goana bug him with it since im not a customer...if hes willing to help he can post and ill send him a vid or pm me...im sure enough other people bug him...although hes close and i might get getting a cage/subframes from him if he can talk me into it

Here let me talk you into it.

JUST DO IT!
Old 04-07-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Addict

You have an adjustable torque arm and relocation brackets, take it out some place and adjust it and run it....
Old 04-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Banned

because these things should be close to where they need to be....i was thinking tire pressure and shocks is all id need to adjust...if im wrong thats why im asking you guys
ellis im sure hes seen this thread but ill pm him
Old 04-08-2008, 06:03 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get a set of subframe connectors FIRST before you twist up the chassis. Then get a real set of shocks for the rear. I know KP hauls *** on them but you dont race like KP does. Next get a set of 15" wheels so you can get some sidewall on the tires. Then take the car to someone to set the suspension up on a set of scales.

225-343-9029
Old 04-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Banned

damn thats a buncha work...
i know on the subframes...im trying to decide which ones i want now, i dont know if i should tubular vs square, and cant find any in chromoly
shocks i think are too much for me to spend for a while
ive got some 15s but im geared for 26...can i still get some 26 for them or will i never hook 26's?

madman can you pm me a quote on subframes/price installed
or recomend some?

Last edited by daniel6718; 04-08-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:32 AM
Banned

i watched my vids and looked at the tire marks and can see the tires leave rubber for about 5 inches then about 3 inch mark where they didnt does it about 8-10 times then i cant tell anymore
also watched when i put it in gear and can see the body of the car raise up about 1/2 inch....checked the lca angle tonite and its about 2.5

i just dont see why they are skipping like this....figured they wouldent hook or would...
Old 04-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Banned

i got it to hook tonite....i tried a new wheel and tire pressure couldent get it to hook...before i went to the track i put the tq arm in the lowest hole....

none of this worked to i so i stuck some stock springs back in it set the pinion angle at -2 wolfe bar was both ends loose then tightened the lock nuts...18 psi in the tires...started ddoing a slightly longer burnout, maybe 4-5 seconds.....car went straight as an arrow and wnt 1.51 the first pass...from a prevous best 1.62 with the tire skipping

this was with a kid in a celica dragging water down the track in front of me..

got another pas and got a 1.4...felt great but was very smoothe i think my mom coulda done it seemed so easy and soft...

whn it comes down to it i simply think i need another hole in my lca brackets i think it was just the lca angle was only -2 and wasnt hitting the tires very hard and the instant center was prolly 5 fet in front of the car...

now i need some to cnc or cut me some new brackets to weld to my rear end with 6 or so holes to adjust my lca lower so i can get rid of this nasty rake it ahs going on and get it to hook with my lower springs...
anyone????
Old 04-17-2008, 09:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you worked it out, so I guess the LCA relocation brackets are still a good thing to look into on a stock hieght car then huh... That may be part of my problem, since I can't get lower then a 1.63x 60' myself...

Well that and most of my suspension is stock, but I am still researching what I need...
Old 04-17-2008, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

If your car is lowered or pretty low with a tall tire, you'll need more holes to get the angle back in the lca's, I'd just make a set of relocation brackets to add to what you have now and add 2 more holes.

Problem like you said, you can raise the torque arm up to hit the tire harder, but if you don't have the LCA in a low enough hole in the back it will put the instant center way forward, there is always a certain range you want it in for a particular car, if it got better by lowering the torque arm to the bottom hole then I would definitely do the additional holes, drop the lca one more hole, then try different spots on the torque arm.

Thing about adjustable parts is you have to adjust them to see what the car likes best. Don't forget to measure each hole hight and length and plot out where each one intersects, then you'll have a good idea where to start.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Banned

yeah,,,i thought about making ""extantions"" from my existing brackets but im worried about streingth, i have no clue how to keep them strong