Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just another way NHRA has their collective heads up their collective asses.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Just another way NHRA has their collective heads up their collective asses.

http://www.competitionplus.com/index...6991&Itemid=24
When's it going to end??!!!??
This non-profit gestapo just goes on and on. Time for an over throw!!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:34 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree, only a complete moron would let the blood flow of their top money maker get screwed up.
I would have 100% + of the needed fuel on hand before the season even started. Just in case of a transportation accident, bad batch, several new teams show up, ect ect. If the VP truck crashes on the way to a race, now what.
Oh yea, have you ever seen the yearly NHRA report with management salaries. HOLY _ _ _ _.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mrdragster1970

Agree, only a complete moron would let the blood flow of their top money maker get screwed up.
I would have 100% + of the needed fuel on hand before the season even started. Just in case of a transportation accident, bad batch, several new teams show up, ect ect. If the VP truck crashes on the way to a race, now what.
Oh yea, have you ever seen the yearly NHRA report with management salaries. HOLY _ _ _ _.

They're worse than the France family. The whole sanctioning body needs an overhaul.
Concerning the nitro, Shue's got enough to last the rest of the season for everyone. Why cant NHRA do that? There's other suppliers, but NHRA wont out source, or let the teams out source.
PRO needs to form a union and start flexing some muscle.
Bruton Smith needs to buy it.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:41 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Simple answer as to what's going on: Payoff's from VP to the NHRA folks. I wouldn't even be surprised if it were to be found out that some teams are getting fuel that's intentionally bad, while others are intentionally getting better fuel.

Someone needs to go around and take a sample from every drum that every team cracks open, and see if some teams are getting something that others aren't, I guarintee that if someone does it the findings are gonna be disturbing to say the least.

It's probably been going on for a long time
Old 07-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Simple answer as to what's going on: Payoff's from VP to the NHRA folks. I wouldn't even be surprised if it were to be found out that some teams are getting fuel that's intentionally bad, while others are intentionally getting better fuel.

Someone needs to go around and take a sample from every drum that every team cracks open, and see if some teams are getting something that others aren't, I guarintee that if someone does it the findings are gonna be disturbing to say the least.

It's probably been going on for a long time
Nah, too much of a conspiracy there. They check fuel after every run.
To me, its just a case of them making deals with vendors to be the "exclusive" supplier, whether it be tires or fuel, when the companies arent doing their fair share to assure good fuel, and plenty of it, and good, safe tires.
To me, its not fair to tell a team, you have to run this tire, and you have to run this fuel. Not when there are viable alternatives out there.
That being said, most sanctioning bodies do the very same thing. NASCAR, INDY, F1, etc, all have spec tire and fuel. But, none of those sanctioning bodies have the fuel problem NHRA does, or tires that are suspect.
Rant/off
Old 07-17-2008, 08:50 PM
8 second club

Off the main topic a little bit, but seemed like a good place to rant. NHRA is one of the worse run organizations I've ever seen. NHRA owned tracks are ran worse than than most little podunk tracks, well at least my home track of ORP is. Indy's ORP is a joke the way it's been ran for most of the 20+ year I've been racing there (It's 20 minutes from my home, have to go somewhere). The last few years it's hard to count the number of crashes, mainly do to horrible track prep.

One Thursday night test and tune for drags cars, my first pass I would have crashed if I hadn't been smart enough to lift. Sometimes I'm not the best at lifting when I should. Come to find out the guy who "prepped" the track sprayed all 1320 with straight alcohol, suppose to have got the drums mixed up. They gave everyone there money back and sent us home. Been sent home other times cause the track sucked so bad and they have no clue how to make it better.

You can call ORP to see what the schedule is or when a event is taking place, but you better call 2 or 3 times cause you'll get a different answer just about every time.

They change track managers about every other year and bring in guys who have no freaking clue how to run a Drag Strip. They usually bring recycled managers that they move from somewhere else. A couple of them have had affairs with the women that work there or got in trouble for harassment, Fired? hell no, they just move them to another track. One time a manager keep all the free stuff donated by manufacturers that the racers that made the ET finals were suppose to get and sold the stuff in his garage sell. I don't know how many times we had to practically beg just to get T-Shirts made for the ET finals team and ORP is the host for division 3 every year.

They only seem to care about the circle track. I've seen them cancel one of our races in the middle of it cause of a brief down pour, only to see them get out the track dryer and take it over to the circle track so it can be ready for later that night.

When the US Nationals come to town of course they put a fresh coat of paint on stuff and start talking BS about how great the track is, it's a legend, it's the greatest drag race in the world blah blah. ORP is basically falling apart, looks decent on TV, but it's really becoming a run down piece of crap track these days. NHRA brings in their own prep people, their own computers and timing equipment, etc.. They had a major problem with the timing equipment for years and wouldn't fix it (bogus time tickets would come up regularly), wouldn't even replace the ten year old PC in the tower for a long time. 2 years in row I got flat tires the weekend after the US Nationals, cause they can't even be bothered to bring out their own sweeper and clean the pits. It's amazing the mess the pro teams leave after a race.

ORP have forgot what made that place, Drag Racing. Us bracket racers are just treated as a nuisances must of the time. I would guess the only reason we get to race at all, is they have to have so many races per year to be NHRA sanctioned.

No spectators are ever there, mainly because they never advertise or have any kind of special races, like street shootouts, match races, outlaw 10.5, NMCA, zlitch, nothing...... How come they have only had one major street car race at ORP in the last 15 years, when it is one of best locations in the midwest as far as traveling goes? Cause they are freaking clueless, and they end up pissing off every person or organization they come in contract with.

When we go to races at Muncie or Ohio Valley the stands are packed. I swear ORP doesn't want anyone to come, more hassle for them.

They have claimed for the last 10+ year that they are going to redo everything, build a new tower etc.. I'll believe it when I see it.

I pray that ORP will be bought by a private person while I'm young enough to still be racing. Tony George has supposedly tried to buy it and who ever the guy that owns Bristal has also, just rumors though.

rant completed
Old 07-18-2008, 04:05 AM
9 Second Club

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Now THAT'S a rant!
Old 07-20-2008, 06:24 AM
ZV8
12 Second Club

I'm with you G&H, it doesnt seem like they really care at all about that track, they hardly ever advertise or try and get any attention drawn to them especialy for the grass roots guys and bracket racers, I think Nationals is the only reason it stays open for business, massive amounts of ppl there, but the good guys show and super chevy is like not even an 1/8 of the attendance. They dont know how to help people geting started in it either, horrible direction and guidance, you basicaly just have to go around asking everyone wtf is going on cause the officials dont even know most of the time. Track prep on TnT and street legals is basicaly none, you gota have a crew out there yourself if you want a clean track, the announcers never try and get what little crowd is out there interested in any of the races, its dead silent unless something goes wrong or they just play some music. The circle track events are nicely done and I really enjoy those, why cant they show some love for the drag strip?
Old 07-24-2008, 07:18 AM
On The Tree

rant on brother