Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Thunder Racing Raptor cam #'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 04:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want an idle clip of this beast...cant find a raptor idle clip anywhere...
Old 03-28-2009, 01:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes i have that cam in my car full bolt ons ,ls6 intake, stock injectors, 241 heads, slp pulley, auto w/ tci 3500 stall, 2.73s and the cam is ground on comp cam XFI lobes the correct specs are 236/242 617/613 111+2 109 Intake Centerline I laid down a non impressive 367 hp 377 ft lbs on a mustang dyno but in reality on the street my car is a damn monster. This cam pulls so hard on the stock 2.73 gear ratio i cant imagine what its going to be like when install my motive 3.73s. Pulls from start all the way to the limiter at 6500 rpm and wants more. My buddy has dart heads and a comp cam XER grind in his 02 Z06 and after the tune he rode in my car and it blew his mind how much it picked my car up. I recommend this cam to anyone looking to do a cam swap. Sounds wicked at idle to boot.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:25 AM
11 Second Club

What i really want to see is what these cars are runnin at the track!!!!!Screw the #'s,does it translate onto the track!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by HaulinHawk
What i really want to see is what these cars are runnin at the track!!!!!Screw the #'s,does it translate onto the track!!!!!!
I am sure the numbers will translate, but considering your car has 4.10 gears and a high stalled auto with the proper suspension setup for the track and the OP apparently is stock you probably won't be very impressed.

It always makes me smirk when a guy that is 100% track makes a comment about a car with high dyno numbers that is setup for the street and what there track times need to be. The OP will probably have a poor 60, decent et, but a good TRAP. Whereas you "haulinhawk" are doing EXCELLENT in all 3 categories. Your 60, et, and trap are way above avg considering your power level. I'll be happy as **** when I go to the track if my 402 can even come close to your et, but rest assured my trap will be quite a bit better. My bad 60 times are going to be what keeps me out of the 10's.

Hey HaulinHawk, please take my comments with a grain of salt. Not trying to start anything, just putting it out there that your car is fully set up for the track and you do great on the track. The OP's car is street and won't be able to compete with you at the track regardless of his numbers. Either way bro your car rips with the bmr susp and 410 a4 setup !! You'll probably hit 10's very soon with some -da
Old 03-29-2009, 10:49 AM

^Very true. Everyone always looks at it from the other point of view, not the point of view of the guy who's more into having fun on the street.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

I heard this car at Geoffs shop, this cam sounds damn good and idles very nice when geoff was done.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
I am sure the numbers will translate, but considering your car has 4.10 gears and a high stalled auto with the proper suspension setup for the track and the OP apparently is stock you probably won't be very impressed.

It always makes me smirk when a guy that is 100% track makes a comment about a car with high dyno numbers that is setup for the street and what there track times need to be. The OP will probably have a poor 60, decent et, but a good TRAP. Whereas you "haulinhawk" are doing EXCELLENT in all 3 categories. Your 60, et, and trap are way above avg considering your power level. I'll be happy as **** when I go to the track if my 402 can even come close to your et, but rest assured my trap will be quite a bit better. My bad 60 times are going to be what keeps me out of the 10's.

Hey HaulinHawk, please take my comments with a grain of salt. Not trying to start anything, just putting it out there that your car is fully set up for the track and you do great on the track. The OP's car is street and won't be able to compete with you at the track regardless of his numbers. Either way bro your car rips with the bmr susp and 410 a4 setup !! You'll probably hit 10's very soon with some -da
Damn,i didnt think that comment would spark this.All im saying is alot of guys post #'s and never run at the track.You are prolly correct with your above comments though.We all like to compare our setups to others,to see what works and what doesnt;along with what #'s actually translate to at the track.Heck thats how i got where im at now.Thats all ,didnt mean to ruffle any feathers guys.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:23 AM

I don't think you ruffled any feathers, I think he was just playing devil's advocate. It's pretty much impossible to compare a street oriented stick car to a track oriented auto car. Obviously yours is still a street car (any real car is ), but it definitely leans heavily towards track use. Even if the OP does very well at the track for his setup, it's unlikely that you will be overly impressed since you're use to seeing how your car performs (and perform it does!).
Old 03-29-2009, 11:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by HaulinHawk
Damn,i didnt think that comment would spark this.All im saying is alot of guys post #'s and never run at the track.You are prolly correct with your above comments though.We all like to compare our setups to others,to see what works and what doesnt;along with what #'s actually translate to at the track.Heck thats how i got where im at now.Thats all ,didnt mean to ruffle any feathers guys.
No feathers ruffled here, well maybe 1 or 2 though. (From all the crap I took about my old 346 setup not doing what some thought it should 123.6 mph trap, I guess people were expecting 125 or higher) I just look at peoples sigs and see track setup cars posting expectations(based on their own numbers) about street cars with high dyno numbers. All I was saying is that it won't translate even with a tire that should hook. Wrong suspension, and gearing for the 1/4 mile. Should still do alright though. His trap should be there but the 60 and et won't. Stay tuned for my 402 results. 11 something and 130 I hope.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:49 AM
12 Second Club

What are the specs on this cam?
Old 03-29-2009, 05:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Post #42. Just 8 above yours.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/11328553-post42.html
Old 03-30-2009, 07:31 PM
11 Second Club

I will run mine at the track when i **** the $ money for a better rear end. I am building from street fun. A run or 2 at the track will be fun from time to time but i enjoy crushing dreams of people who think they have nasty mustangs or fart can powered imports, and how could i forget the guys who run there mouth when they have no idea how to even change oil more less drive....lol!

I did try and do a audio clip at idle but it didn't come close to what this cam actually sounds like...... I'll be heading to geoff's again soon for another tune/dyno after i upgrade a few more things. I will post when i go so those interested and in the area can see what this cam does.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:37 PM
11 Second Club

Btw.... The spec shown on message # 42 are not the correct specs of the " tr raptor " cam
Old 03-30-2009, 10:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
No feathers ruffled here, well maybe 1 or 2 though. (From all the crap I took about my old 346 setup not doing what some thought it should 123.6 mph trap, I guess people were expecting 125 or higher) I just look at peoples sigs and see track setup cars posting expectations(based on their own numbers) about street cars with high dyno numbers. All I was saying is that it won't translate even with a tire that should hook. Wrong suspension, and gearing for the 1/4 mile. Should still do alright though. His trap should be there but the 60 and et won't. Stay tuned for my 402 results. 11 something and 130 I hope.
All ,valid points!!!!Susp,gearing,tire setup is very critical to puttin the power down an runnin the #.Its why i have been lucky with my #'s.It all comes down to us all having fun with our hobby,friends with good advice and a great site kike this for help/ideas!!!!OMG ,i think i just shed a tear!!!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

You are cool and sensitive racer bro. We all love you for it. Now go get the 10's in this cool air spring weather.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:20 PM
12 Second Club

00 firehawk i dont know if u know your ****, but yould better call shane at thunder racing and ask for the true specs because mine came with the cam. Know your **** before you start calling people a liar. The specs above are correct call tr and ask.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

I didn't call ne one a liar for starters, i have a raptor cam and my spec are diffrent than the ones you posted...... Very very similar but diffrent! There is no point in getting all worked up over something that simple.
I started this tread to inform people of #'s i made because of the emails and request i got for them when i mentioned the mod's i was doing.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:29 PM
11 Second Club

about 80% of the time, the custom grinds don't tell the actual numbers. . . .
Old 04-05-2009, 12:15 AM
11 Second Club

Well i have some more #'s with my set up..... I went to the track today and exactly what i expected to happen did....lmao
i made 4 runs and they all were close to the same. I did a 13.10 @ 119mph...... Wtf? I spun damn near all the way down the track and barely got out of 3rd gear. I ran my car on street tires with very low air pressure, i tried every thing in the book and could not hook up. I expected that for the most part. I just figured i'd throw that info out there so a few of yall could get a good laugh............. You have to love the traction issues .....lmfao.
In the next week or so i plan on runing with sticky's so i should put up something good. I'll keep everyone informed!!
Old 04-05-2009, 10:04 PM
11 Second Club

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Thunder Racing Raptor cam #'s