Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Trickflow's and Vrx5 combo!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 08:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nandos_z28
Nice to meet you too bro! (Mexican here) lol.

Ya they are really good guys. Alot of good advice and very helpful. Ya the car is already running since december. I'm running the 215's milled to 59 or 58 cc's don't remember exactly. But thanks and for sure I'll keep you posted. Goodluck on that 10 bolt!! Ha Ha.
Whats been up man? its been a while.

Bump for Trickflow, My TEA 215's made some awesome power, 452/425 N/A through the stalled auto on slicks, this was off my own tune, Im sure with more time or someone more experienced it would have gone 460+. It made 599/591 on N2O. definitely a test of the stock short block . this Combo was good to run an 11.71@117.96 N/A off a shitty 1.76 60' at 4,600DA.

On the first N20 pass it ran an 11.01@129.56 only spraying half track, I was testing things out and it ran great the MPH was definitely there for my full weight car. the first full N2O pass I made sent the #6 rod out the side of the block at about half track. The stock rods/rod bolts didnt like 600RWHP through an auto and decided to give up.

a new short block is on its way, rest assured a set of TFS heads will be sitting on top of it.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 69_YENKO

Bump for Trickflow, My TEA 215's made some awesome power, 452/425 N/A through the stalled auto on slicks, this was off my own tune, Im sure with more time or someone more experienced it would have gone 460+. It made 599/591 on N2O. definitely a test of the stock short block . this Combo was good to run an 11.71@117.96 N/A off a shitty 1.76 60' at 4,600DA.

On the first N20 pass it ran an 11.01@129.56 only spraying half track, I was testing things out and it ran great the MPH was definitely there for my full weight car. the first full N2O pass I made sent the #6 rod out the side of the block at about half track. The stock rods/rod bolts didnt like 600RWHP through an auto and decided to give up.

a new short block is on its way, rest assured a set of TFS heads will be sitting on top of it.

Thats awful to hear about the car running so well then trajedy strikes. Wow, #6 out the side at 1/2 track. Did you $hit yourself or just take it in stride? I'd have **** myself. Good luck on getting her back out there with a stronger block.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Thats awful to hear about the car running so well then trajedy strikes. Wow, #6 out the side at 1/2 track. Did you $hit yourself or just take it in stride? I'd have **** myself. Good luck on getting her back out there with a stronger block.
I think I stayed pretty calm.
the motor made a slight hesitation(for a millisecond) then when BOOM just before the 1/8th, it sounded like a cannon fired.(people later said the amout of flames and smoke were impressive). I lost power steering and brakes at about 90MPH. I slowed the best i could & pulled off the track. when the track officials pulled up the first words out of my mouth were "what was my 60'?" LOL reality didnt really set in until the next day, thats when I started thinking about the thousands of dollars I was out.

I've tried to stay in good spirits and look at the positive, Now I can rebuild it stronger.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow! I would of had a **** fit then Had a stroke!!
My car has been running really good! The clutch is Michael Jackson, Farrah faucet, Ed mcmann, Stacie Peterson and George Carlin!
I'm going on vacation next week so I don't think the funds for a new monster level 3 will be available til August lol!
Then the 9in this winter! Babe! Then hello 6k launches or bust!
Old 07-02-2009, 11:51 PM
11 Second Club

litle88 Big congrats man those are awesome numbers on Mustang dyno.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:59 PM
12 Second Club

Venom not compared to your numbers! LoL
are you forged?
What Displacement are you running ?
Old 07-03-2009, 12:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by litle88
Venom not compared to your numbers! LoL
are you forged?
What Displacement are you running ?

LOL Thanks man

yes I'm forged or should I say my engine is forged 8:5.1 compresstion
347ci

Just spray 150shot on your car and hello 550rwhp
Old 07-03-2009, 12:59 AM
12 Second Club

Haha
yea and say hello rod to the sunlight!
I want to forge it but I just might get an iron or aluminum block and forge that block and just keep this short block just in case lol
maybe winter of 2010 lol!
Old 07-03-2009, 02:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats man. great bang for your buck with the that combo
Old 07-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 69_YENKO

Hey bro, not too much just staying busy with our little S10 project! We got it all finished up and tested it out by pulling the jet ski's out to Lake Havasu for a week and it did great! Well for a huge cam stock bottom end LT1! Lol The next test is the strip for it but we're gonna fabricate some homemade caltracs for it to try and eliminate the wheel hop and get some sort of traction out of it.

The camaro has had a nice rest while we've been occupied with the S10.

Hows your summer? I would ask hows the car runnig but looks like you had some bad luck! Sorry to hear about that! I'm sure you'll have it back better than before this next time around!

Oh ya if you end up getting rid of anything from your setup let me know!
Old 07-05-2009, 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

Hey bro, not too much just staying busy with our little S10 project! We got it all finished up and tested it out by pulling the jet ski's out to Lake Havasu for a week and it did great! Well for a huge cam stock bottom end LT1! Lol The next test is the strip for it but we're gonna fabricate some homemade caltracs for it to try and eliminate the wheel hop and get some sort of traction out of it.

The camaro has had a nice rest while we've been occupied with the S10.

Hows your summer? I would ask hows the car runnig but looks like you had some bad luck! Sorry to hear about that! I'm sure you'll have it back better than before this next time around!

Oh ya if you end up getting rid of anything from your setup let me know!
That S10 sounds fun,
The car is broke and it sucks not being able to drive it. but lucky for me , the build up is one of the funnest parts so its giving me some good quality time out in the garage to turn wrenches. I already sold my 215's, Cam, and headers, the FAST 90 is broken, not sure what else I have that you might want or need. Im not putting it back stock, Im just going bigger all around. Its should be a good ride once its done. Hit me up if you need anything or ever want to show off that S10.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:13 AM
Launching!

QUOTE=69_YENKO;11863652]That S10 sounds fun,
The car is broke and it sucks not being able to drive it. but lucky for me , the build up is one of the funnest parts so its giving me some good quality time out in the garage to turn wrenches. I already sold my 215's, Cam, and headers, the FAST 90 is broken, not sure what else I have that you might want or need. Im not putting it back stock, Im just going bigger all around. Its should be a good ride once its done. Hit me up if you need anything or ever want to show off that S10.[/QUOTE]

Its a pretty neat lil toy lol.
Man that sucks! But like you said thast where the fun is at. Building it and knowing what you have into it. It's just part of the game.... I mostly looking to get that intake lol but guess its destroyed huh... Go Big or go Home!!! Ha ha.
I'll be back in cruces around mid August or so bro and ya anytime you wanna ride in the S10 or just wanna check it out let me know! And/or if you need a hand with the car don't hesitate to give me a call. As long as I'm not occupied with anything I'm always down to lend a hand wrenching on the car.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:49 PM
10 Second Club

Its a pretty neat lil toy lol.
Man that sucks! But like you said thast where the fun is at. Building it and knowing what you have into it. It's just part of the game.... I mostly looking to get that intake lol but guess its destroyed huh... Go Big or go Home!!! Ha ha.
I'll be back in cruces around mid August or so bro and ya anytime you wanna ride in the S10 or just wanna check it out let me know! And/or if you need a hand with the car don't hesitate to give me a call. As long as I'm not occupied with anything I'm always down to lend a hand wrenching on the car.
Yeah, the intake came apart in the back around the MAP sensor. since thats an unseen area I may play around and see what I can come up with. Im pretty set on running a Vic Jr this time around anyways so if you want it I'll cut you a heck of a deal on it

I'll deffinitly give you a call & see what your doing in a couple mouths when this bitch is back on the streets.

Quick Reply: Trickflow's and Vrx5 combo!