Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Step inside to gain knowledge!!!! Detailed A/B comparisons with results!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 09:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Doug and Ron nice write up! And congrats on your numbers! Welcome to the trickflow and Vengeance family! I love the TFS heads and the VRX5 cam but I should of gotten the damn Vindicator for the win! LOL
VERY NICE!
Old 07-02-2009, 01:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
1500 rpm with ZERO surging, bucking or hesitation, and a/c on going up a hill. Did you notice we were cruising along at 900 rpms in 6th gear and still had throttle response ??
Yes sir I did! Very impressive indeed. From what I've heard about Mike's tuning cant wait until the remainder of my fuel and nitrous parts get here to see what a my car puts down. DAMN IT I cant wait. LOL
Old 07-02-2009, 08:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by litle88
Doug and Ron nice write up! And congrats on your numbers! Welcome to the trickflow and Vengeance family! I love the TFS heads and the VRX5 cam but I should of gotten the damn Vindicator for the win! LOL
VERY NICE!
Its never too late to switch out and get the Vindicator. Either that or you can run my custom cam, the Allngn_c5 Cam. I have been told it would be a stretch to get it to run as smooth in a 346 as a 402, but it can be made livable. I am curious to see how my cam works in a 346 with TFS 215's and all bolt ons. I bet the 346 could hit the magical 500 rwhp plateau (346 m6) a4 might nail down 460ish (stalled a4)
Old 07-02-2009, 08:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Exellent thread...congratulations on your new set-up man. Have fun.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dutchman427
Exellent thread...congratulations on your new set-up man. Have fun.
Thanks for the positive comments and thanks for keeping this thread going. The more people that read this thread, the more people that will get to see first hand what each mod can potentially do for your setup. Keep in mind that every motor is different.

So who's going to be the first 346 tfs 215 / Allngn_c5 cam customer ?
" " 364 " "
" " 383 " "

It would be kick *** to see how the h/c/i/exhaust package works on each motor. Any bets on power level for a 346/364/383 ?

I would bet the 346 could possibly hit 490 rwhp from a real strong motor. Purely speculation.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

It would be kick *** to see how the h/c/i/exhaust package works on each motor. Any bets on power level for a 346/364/383 ?

I would bet the 346 could possibly hit 490 rwhp from a real strong motor. Purely speculation.
Depends on the $$$
Old 07-02-2009, 01:12 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the positive comments and thanks for keeping this thread going. The more people that read this thread, the more people that will get to see first hand what each mod can potentially do for your setup. Keep in mind that every motor is different.

" " 364 " "
" " 383 " "

Have Vengeance send me the Heads and Cam and I will be the ginnie pig for the 346.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jasycz28
Have Vengeance send me the Heads and Cam and I will be the ginnie pig for the 346.
I wasn't aware I had pull like that. Sorry bro, outside my authority. I'm just a customer that is 100% happy with my build.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:01 PM
On The Tree

I wasn't aware I had pull like that. Sorry bro, outside my authority. I'm just a customer that is 100% happy with my build.
I would be 100% happy with your build also. Very nice. Thanks for doing all the leg work for the rest of us.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jasycz28
I would be 100% happy with your build also. Very nice. Thanks for doing all the leg work for the rest of us.
Not to speak for Ron, but if I were running a shop I would definately want to go the extra mile every once and awhile to promote a combination that is found to work which would hopefully encourage others to bring there business to me. Thats my 2 cents. I do not speak for Ron. Ron and the rest at Vengeace did the work because I was paying them to do it. A simple customer and vendor business deal that resulted in a very successful outcome for me (improved driveability/hp/gas mileage) and for Vengeance Racing (just another successful chapter for them). Now place your order bro and step up to some serious power and performance. DIY, or visit Vengeance Racing, they are 100% able to accomodate you, the customer.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Regular

Hey Doug I'd be happy to put that setup on my little ole 346 and I'm not to far from Vengence
Old 07-02-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Vols Fan
Hey Doug I'd be happy to put that setup on my little ole 346 and I'm not to far from Vengence
Well Travis, your platform would be excellent to work off of brother. You already have a pretty stout cam only with bolt on setup that you are happy with. When your money is right and/or you are bored with your current setup consider the following: LS6 to TFS 215's, g5x3 to Allngn_c5 cam (flycutting might be required, would have to measure for clearances), and 1 3/4 headers to 1 7/8 ARH. As happy as you are now, you'd be even happier, trust me. Good luck Travis, you've got some good parts that would sell for sure after you make the swaps.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:18 PM
11 Second Club

Wow that was interesting seein you make soo much more power over an already healthy setup.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:10 AM
TECH Regular

I'll keep it in mind. I may have the $$$ after the first of the year.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats to Vengence, and you Doug.

Real nice compairo
Old 07-04-2009, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow Ron u r great !! very big difference , congrats Doug
Old 07-05-2009, 06:39 PM
12 Second Club

Nice set-up. Ill be running the Vidicator on a 402 or 418-havnt decided yet soon. With some LS6 heads(TSP 2.5) milled to about 58cc till I get some TF heads.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tillery
Nice set-up. Ill be running the Vidicator on a 402 or 418-havnt decided yet soon. With some LS6 heads(TSP 2.5) milled to about 58cc till I get some TF heads.
Would you have clearance to run a little more lift? The reason I ask is because the Vindicator kicks ***, but if you've got clearance consider running the custom cam that Mike at Vengeance spec'd for me. I am calling it the allngn_c5 cam and its specs are as follows 239/243 .623/.623 113+3 The lift numbers are what they are because they fully take advantage of the TFS 215 flowing to .625" of lift, after that you are just overworking your springs if running a TFS 215. I think it would be cool as hell to see a back to back comparison of the Vindicator and Allngn_c5 cam. Not to suggest that one is better then other but to show exactly what few more .0xx of lift can really do. It all boils down to PTV clearance. We already to got see a g6x3 / allngn_c5 back to back comparison. I have to say that Mike really, really hit the nail on the head with the cam he came up with for me. I bit more power then the g6x3, with less lift (un needed lift) gave up a couple peak tq, but wins IMO by reducing valve train noise and improving drivability. Hell we almost went with a Vindicator on my build, until Mike decided to do a one off. Thanks again Mike. Car is running better then ever in this cool air we are enjoying in Michigan.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Would you have clearance to run a little more lift? The reason I ask is because the Vindicator kicks ***, but if you've got clearance consider running the custom cam that Mike at Vengeance spec'd for me. I am calling it the allngn_c5 cam and its specs are as follows 239/243 .623/.623 113+3 The lift numbers are what they are because they fully take advantage of the TFS 215 flowing to .625" of lift, after that you are just overworking your springs if running a TFS 215. I think it would be cool as hell to see a back to back comparison of the Vindicator and Allngn_c5 cam. Not to suggest that one is better then other but to show exactly what few more .0xx of lift can really do. It all boils down to PTV clearance. We already to got see a g6x3 / allngn_c5 back to back comparison. I have to say that Mike really, really hit the nail on the head with the cam he came up with for me. I bit more power then the g6x3, with less lift (un needed lift) gave up a couple peak tq, but wins IMO by reducing valve train noise and improving drivability. Hell we almost went with a Vindicator on my build, until Mike decided to do a one off. Thanks again Mike. Car is running better then ever in this cool air we are enjoying in Michigan.
The Vindicator (240/244 .609/.612 112+4 LSA- XE-R) is the same size as your cam just different lobes (XE-R Vs LSL). XE-R although having less lift at .050 is a tad more agressive ramp on the lobe.
The difference between them would be minimal, as was your swap from G6x3 to your current cam. (considering you actualy went to a bigger cam)
Lift at .050 has nearly no effect on PTV clearance.

IMO both combos you had made great power and you could have "tweaked" the AFR combo to within a few Hp of your current one for 1/2 the price.
All you needed was header swap, rocker swap, reset valvetrain geometry and some serious dyno time to tune properly.

Why would I be saying this? Because I would advise you to be very careful if you go to the track. I dunno if you have any differential mods but if you don't, that is now your weak link and I would not use sticky tires untill you strengthen it.

Last edited by PREDATOR-Z; 07-06-2009 at 06:54 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
The Vindicator (240/244 .609/.612 112+4 LSA- XE-R) is the same size as your cam just different lobes (XE-R Vs LSL). XE-R although having less lift at .050 is a tad more agressive ramp on the lobe.
The difference between them would be minimal, as was your swap from G6x3 to your current cam. (considering you actualy went to a bigger cam)
Lift at .050 has nearly no effect on PTV clearance.

IMO both combos you had made great power and you could have "tweaked" the AFR combo to within a few Hp of your current one for 1/2 the price.
All you needed was header swap, rocker swap, reset valvetrain geometry and some serious dyno time to tune properly.

Why would I be saying this? Because I would advise you to be very careful if you go to the track. I dunno if you have any differential mods but if you don't, that is now your weak link and I would not use sticky tires untill you strengthen it.
Hey Predator, I appreciate your explanation on the cam differences, but I wasn't concerned with PTV considering I have -12cc pistons with plenty of room, I was concerned with a stock 346 having room and if flycutting would give the necessary clearance. EDIT, went back and re read my post, I was thinking 346 and flycutting and it was actually a guy building a stroker as well. My bad, too much going on in my mind at once I guess.

Now from the you know what you are talking about to the you don't know what you are talking about file. Why is so easy to forget that I made out pretty well on selling my stuff ?? That money offset the cost of my swaps greatly. I had considered changing cams anyways because I didn't like the abuse it was putting on my valvetrain. The g6x3 cam is great for making power and torque but a little to aggressive lobe choice for my tastes. Louis really came out with a winner when he nailed that combo. I do prefer my new cam though because it made more power, lost only 2 rwtq, and the drivetrain noise is nearly stock like. With that being said I appreciate your comments always.

You were curious about my Diff situation. I am running a 3.42 geared Stg III DTE rear diff with brace. This diff was purchased and installed in 2006 and was at that time a STG III. Comparing whats done to it vs todays DTE levels it is a level 4 1/2. Cryo gears, micro polishing, deburring, hardened l/r output shafts. I think that is it. Stickiest tire I am going to run is my Nittos. Hopefully when I go I will have my friend with me in his truck. That way I can make a few passes on the Michelin PS2's and then go swap to the Nitto Drags. Mikes tuning has this car so easy to drive. I have to admit I am still nervous to go to the track because if I don't drive the expected 60, trap and et people are going to cast a negative opinion on Vengeance. That would completely unfair. If I don't run the expected numbers then its on me. Call it driver error. Slow shifting, or missed shifts can kill a run, and when I get nervous $hit happens. Oh well maybe I better take a shot of something to be cool and run her out the back with authority !! The shift light should be a great help in assisting me to know when to shift LOL. Slow *** Factory Tach. Ok I am beginning to ramble, sorry for the long winded post.

Quick Reply: Step inside to gain knowledge!!!! Detailed A/B comparisons with results!!!