Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

FAST EZ-efi results

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 12:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAST EZ-efi results

This isnt an LSx but I thought I would show the gains made with the new FAST EZ-efi kit we installed on a customers 3rd gen.

This kit comes with the throttle body, fuel pump, regulator, PCM, wiring harness, wide band, fuel line, fittings, and some other misc parts.

The kit tunes itself. You just install it and drive the car.

The first pull you see on the graph is with the holley 650 carb. The last pull is the one we made after only a few minutes of drive time on the set up. As it learns over time I sure it will make even better power. Obviously this motor wasnt built for racing. Its just a very mild daily driver.
Attached Thumbnails FAST EZ-efi results-3rd-gen.jpg  
Old 08-12-2009, 01:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

WOW 60 ft. lbs. of tq. at 4k rpm increase is amazing! Now thats some sotp feeling tire frying power gains right there. I've been showing these ez-efi kits to my good friends that have carb set-ups on nicely built 350 and 400 sbc's. And they and me have been saying that they look over priced, that they like the ease of their carbs, the self tuning is prolly crappy, and that the gains would probably be minimal. But I'll say that after seeing this I will have to show them that this is the way to GO!!! Incredible. I bet you could see 100 ft. lb gains on a built motor and 50 hp+ gains.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:22 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
WOW 60 ft. lbs. of tq. at 4k rpm increase is amazing! Now thats some sotp feeling tire frying power gains right there. I've been showing these ez-efi kits to my good friends that have carb set-ups on nicely built 350 and 400 sbc's. And they and me have been saying that they look over priced, that they like the ease of their carbs, the self tuning is prolly crappy, and that the gains would probably be minimal. But I'll say that after seeing this I will have to show them that this is the way to GO!!! Incredible. I bet you could see 100 ft. lb gains on a built motor and 50 hp+ gains.

and I can price them out a kit if they are interested. they may not be as "overpriced" as they are thinking. If they are getting pricing off the FAST website, well....that price can definately be beaten.

and the tuning is spot on. we watched the meter during the dyno pulls and it was dead on 13.1
Old 08-12-2009, 04:39 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice to see people still giving the 3rd gen respect. That's my next build for a personal project. 91-92Z w/ a LSX/T-56 conversion.

Nice job guys.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff@SpectacleSolutions
and I can price them out a kit if they are interested. they may not be as "overpriced" as they are thinking. If they are getting pricing off the FAST website, well....that price can definately be beaten.

and the tuning is spot on. we watched the meter during the dyno pulls and it was dead on 13.1
The price I have seen in most mags is around 1300 for everything. I'm sure injector size will come into play for different engine specs. But if they were to buy the kit you would spec all that out correct?
Old 08-12-2009, 06:02 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
The price I have seen in most mags is around 1300 for everything. I'm sure injector size will come into play for different engine specs. But if they were to buy the kit you would spec all that out correct?
give me a part number on the kit you are talking about. we are obviously talking about two different kits because my cost on the kit we just installed was more than what you just posted.

30227-KIT is the system we installed on this car.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Comp%20Cams/24...0002/-1?CT=999

Last edited by Jeff@SpectacleSolutions; 11-04-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Launching!

Does anyone have an idea when the dual tb setup is going to be available? I have a buddy that wants the setup but he wants it on top of his tunnel ram.

I am also curious how quickly the drivability and wot fuel came around. How is the cold start of the system?

I am a bit leery of systems that don't let you adjust them personally, I think adjustability is a GOOD thing not a negative (have done xfi and bs3). I'd like to see fast or somebody else post up a video of it being installed with a clear pcm and then let it warm up and make some dyno pulls with a/f graphs to show it coming around. Also wouldn't mind seeing some video of it learning as it was being driven. Not saying the system doesn't do what it says it will, and those videos would not be the flashiest but would certainly put me and others at ease. That way you know exactly what to expect.

Nice to finally get to talk to somebody who actually has one running though .
Old 08-13-2009, 03:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

cold start is perfect. hit the key for a split second and it fires right up with no throttle.

I may see if I can get the owner to take some video of it being driven and learning.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by ws6t3rror
Does anyone have an idea when the dual tb setup is going to be available? I have a buddy that wants the setup but he wants it on top of his tunnel ram.
Ron Turnpaugh, the head EZ-EFI engineer has a pair on a tunnel ram on his 78 vette. By the way, that's my third gen that Jeff is doing the install on. Man, what a differnce. I told him today that is how the car should have come from the factory. Here's a post on the Corvette forum with some pics of his setup.... http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-t...link-rear.html Here's a link with a few shots of the EZ unit on my Camaro.... http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/df...st-ez-efi.html
Old 08-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Launching!

Yeah, now I have guys coming out of the woodwork that actually have this system installed (all reports are amazing so far). I did get word back from Ron after I pm'ed him, looks like in a short time we will be a go to get it on the tunnel ram when its released. Hopefully she picks up drivability and power over the super vic and molested demon carb thats on top of it now.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:57 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Yeah, now I have guys coming out of the woodwork that actually have this system installed (all reports are amazing so far). I did get word back from Ron after I pm'ed him, looks like in a short time we will be a go to get it on the tunnel ram when its released. Hopefully she picks up drivability and power over the super vic and molested demon carb thats on top of it now.
Im a big fan of demon carbs......

That said, Id almost bet my house that you will pick up plenty of both driveability and power.

I think out pricing on these kits is very competitive. If you hear of anyone looking at one, please have them contact us for pricing.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 08-20-2009, 05:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Jeff,
Do you have any idea what sort of horsepower this system will support?
Old 08-20-2009, 05:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

In the mags it said 550hp and on the site it says 600hp.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:09 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
In the mags it said 550hp and on the site it says 600hp.
I would lean more towards the 550 number.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Launching!

It will support over 600 if you bump the fuel pressure up. Unofficially I was told if you have a killer fuel pump that will support the volume necessary at 80 psi the injectors will do 88lb-hr. The pump that comes with the kit won't do that though. There is a video on youtube of the system running on a gm 572 crate making 630hp or so.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:01 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I just got off the phone with Comp this morning and was told the kit will support 600. So I guess I was wrong on my earlier statement.

So my apologies. ws6t3rror is correct.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

It will support over 600 if you bump the fuel pressure up. Unofficially I was told if you have a killer fuel pump that will support the volume necessary at 80 psi the injectors will do 88lb-hr. The pump that comes with the kit won't do that though. There is a video on youtube of the system running on a gm 572 crate making 630hp or so.
622Hp/643trq on 60 psi
Old 08-26-2009, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

Oh my god. So you just slap one of these babies on any freaking motor and it tunes itself perfectly?! My mind is blown. I think might just rip the pcm out of my car (which is giving me some **** right now) and try one of these j/k
Old 08-26-2009, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

What a/f ratio does it shoot for? My buddy has a 650 HP BBC in his boat and is very interested in one of these. Can the widebands work in a watercooled exhaust?
Old 08-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Launching!

You can specify what air fuel it shoots for at cruise wot and idle. Above 50% throttle it goes in a straight line from whatever the cruise is to the wot ratio via linear interpolation.

Quick Reply: FAST EZ-efi results