Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dissappointing AFR 205 Results

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tony mention to him the new Halltech Killer Bee II Conversion, it has a 107mm opening at the filter and a 102mm opening at the TB. It also used the much less restrictive ls3/ls7 MAF. I am willing to bet it would kill any intake restrictions.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok. I am very happy with the outcome of dyno numbers. Yes i will admit it i wanted the 500rwhp but im so close to it so it really does not matter right now.The car drive amazing.Power everywhere in the rpm range. Car has good street manners.I still get good gas mileage with the bigger cam if i can keep my foot out of it lol. The real test will be the day i make it up to the track to see how much i have improved on my times. Especially the Trap speed.I want to thank everyone for there positive input on my build and for also following this thread. I had no idea that this was going to blow up as big as it did. I want to thank Tony for taking the time to guide me in the right direction and providing me with a killer engine combo. I also want to thank the whole team at Newtech for there help and Nick for his Great tuning skills. Maybe one day i will find a deal on a ewp and a fast 102/102 set up and send it off to Tony so he can work his magic on it so i can break the 500 rwhp number.Some time soon when i have time i will make a couple videos so you all can see the monster that i have the pleasure of piloting. If anyone out in the Bay Area wants to meet up for a cruise or something let me know im down shoot me a pm or something.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad is all worked out. Next mod you may want to consider, if you don't already have it, is the DTE brace for the differential/transmission.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by vettenuts
Glad is all worked out. Next mod you may want to consider, if you don't already have it, is the DTE brace for the differential/transmission.
Yes i agree. I should of picked up one along time ago truthfully while my tranny was out of the car. Thats something i been meaning to buy but i never got around to doing it.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:25 AM
TECH Regular

Just read this whole thread, and it was a great one. Glad you finally got it sorted out and I'll be interested to see what you do with it down the road
Old 02-12-2011, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by t_raven
Just read this whole thread, and it was a great one. Glad you finally got it sorted out and I'll be interested to see what you do with it down the road
Thanks. Yes i agree this thread was a goodone. I learned alot of things from it. I will be at the track march 9th to make a few passes till they send me home. Down the road i plan on getting C6Z06 as soon as this up coming summer. If i do decided to keep this car i will be looking around for some type of forced induction. Never can have to much power right?
Old 02-12-2011, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vettenuts
DEFINITELY. I didn't care much for the orange coloring, so I got the
ECS version, same price and a good looking strong part. To the OP.
I split my diff and a 3 pass RPM trans because of no brace. GET ONE!!!!!
http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...rut_Brace.html
Old 04-14-2011, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Quick update. I ran the car last week at Sacramento Raceway. My best pass was 11.13 at 122 on a 1.73 60ft My best trap that day was 124.I am really confident i can get the car into the 10's i just need to cut a better 60. I want to get the car into the 10's because im either going to sale the car or throw a supercharger on it.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

With that much power I think you can make the 10's. Like you said you need a better 60' and that means hooking up. So get tires or what ever it is you need.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1989GTA
With that much power I think you can make the 10's. Like you said you need a better 60' and that means hooking up. So get tires or what ever it is you need.
I have some hoosier 275's that i run at the track. They are not in the best condition but i still know that they are good for some better 60' times. i will say if i can cut a 1.65 or better i will be in the 10's. If i really wanted to insure a 10sec slip i could always swap out the stock 3.42 gears and throw some 3.73's or some 4.10's in there.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 903 Likes on 644 Posts

That's awesome man. I hope to be in the 10's on the spray.

Glad to see you driving your car like it's meant to be!
Old 04-15-2011, 12:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Rudy. I've been following this thread and realized I'd seen your car at Sears Point. I was very impressed. Then I remembered this video - I think this is you (at the end). This was during test and tune. You had the better et but probably wern't really racing me. I always try to race during T&T because eliminations are past my bedtime.
-Gary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajKL2wzEWcs

Last edited by Gary Z; 04-15-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
That's awesome man. I hope to be in the 10's on the spray.

Glad to see you driving your car like it's meant to be!
Thanks. Yeah i could not stand just building up this beast and not race it. To me there is no point.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Gary Z
Hi Rudy. I've been following this thread and realized I'd seen your car at Sears Point. I was very impressed. Then I remembered this video - I think this is you (at the end). This was during test and tune. You had the better et but probably wern't really racing me. I always try to race during T&T because eliminations are past my bedtime.
-Gary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajKL2wzEWcs
Hello Gary,Thanks. Yes that would be me at Sears Point. Yeah my reaction time is not so great i pretty much just focus on getting the best launch in the car as possible. You have the camaro with the plates that says NA346 correct? Well i will not be back at Sears for a while because they gave me the boot 2 weeks ago after a couple 11.30's. I do not have a cage in the car and i do not plan on putting one in the car because im not positive on what i am going to do with the car just yet. So as you might know Sacramento Raceway are not as strict on the 11.50's or faster rule. That is where i plan to race for now on till i get my 10second slip.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow I didn't realize that was you at infineon. I was also racing the day you ran the 11.30s. Your car sounds good and you're doing some good driving.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not pushing at quite the level you are Blue but my PTM 102/FAST 102 net me an even 100kPa all the way to red line with the stuff in my sig. Could help with any plateau. Curious, how is the idle with that cam Blue? I bet it has fairly decent manners.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Exidous
I'm not pushing at quite the level you are Blue but my PTM 102/FAST 102 net me an even 100kPa all the way to red line with the stuff in my sig. Could help with any plateau. Curious, how is the idle with that cam Blue? I bet it has fairly decent manners.
Yeah i know i can pick up a few more if i upgraded to the 102 but right now im really considering saleing this car and picking up a C6Z06 and throwing a blower, long tubes and a cam in there. With 7-8# that should be close to 700rwhp.The cam at first had some surging problems down low and was kind of difficult to drive in stop and go traffic but once my clutch was broken in all of those problems vanished.Tony picked this cam for my build knowing that my car is a street car first.I told Tony i love lopey cams and i drive around with open cutouts 99.9% of the time so the cam has a nice sound to it. It idle's around 900-1000 rpm. My tuner Nick really knows his stuff and the car has great street manners. Tomorrow i will have some free time i will see if i can post a couple videos of me messing around on the street.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bludevil415
**Update** Im going to let Tony completely rework the heads.From what i know he is going to port them, put new guides in the heads and also bigger valves in also. Maybe he can chime in and let everyone know what are all the small details.
I have read threw this whole thread and I noticed that you said Tony was going to put larger valves in the heads.
It appears from looking at the finished heads that he did install larger intake valves. Is this correct??? If so did he install 2.04 or 2.05 intake valves and are they sodium filled or standard??

Reason I ask is because going with the larger valve opening will increase the air flow which will give better end results over the smaller intake valve that was originally used. Also if he used sodium filled valves they are going to be lighter than the original valves which will also net better results over the original valves.

For Tony what are your thoughts about a 2.05 intake valve being used with the factory LS1 cylinder bore???

I have 243 heads with 2.05 intake valves and alot of people feel that the 2.05 intake valves will cause valve shrouding with the factory LS1 bore. I personally don't think so, but I have not had a chance to dyno my car yet but hopefully I will be able to soon.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1of625
I have read threw this whole thread and I noticed that you said Tony was going to put larger valves in the heads.
It appears from looking at the finished heads that he did install larger intake valves. Is this correct??? If so did he install 2.04 or 2.05 intake valves and are they sodium filled or standard??

Reason I ask is because going with the larger valve opening will increase the air flow which will give better end results over the smaller intake valve that was originally used. Also if he used sodium filled valves they are going to be lighter than the original valves which will also net better results over the original valves.

For Tony what are your thoughts about a 2.05 intake valve being used with the factory LS1 cylinder bore???

I have 243 heads with 2.05 intake valves and alot of people feel that the 2.05 intake valves will cause valve shrouding with the factory LS1 bore. I personally don't think so, but I have not had a chance to dyno my car yet but hopefully I will be able to soon.
You might want to PM Tony because i am not sure.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:26 AM
TECH Resident

OMG! That was a long read.........LOL

Quick Reply: Dissappointing AFR 205 Results