Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Untuned #'s after FMS 228 114 install

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Untuned #'s after FMS 228 114 install

Here are two graphs from my dyno yesterday. Sorry about the quality, I had to use a digital camera. My daughter broke my scanner last week.

A couple of things to consider.
1) I dont have an LS6 intake, and my ASP is not installed yet.

2) The AIT's where 68 degrees on Feb 02 when the first runs where done, and 94 degrees on Apr 23 when the cam graphs where taken.

First comparison is both runs with the cutout closed through the infamous "Chokemaster" exaust before and after cam. +10.4hp / - 11.7tq Losing power under the curve and gaining a little up top

Second graph is the best runs with the cut out open prior to and after cam. +15.6 hp / -7.5tq Peak TQ lower and gaining hp and TQ from 4.1 RPM on

My tune is coming on Saturday, I hope to see a great improvment. I post those graphs when I get them. Tell me what you guys think.
Attached Thumbnails Untuned #'s after FMS 228 114 install-dscf0027vs.jpg   Untuned #'s after FMS 228 114 install-dscf0029vs.jpg  

Last edited by Revelation222; 04-25-2004 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:12 PM
10 Second Club

IS that the FM5 cam?
Old 04-25-2004, 08:14 PM
10 Second Club

Oops, jusy saw your sig. It's the FM10.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Those graphs and your sig dont make much sense. Your sig says 312/387 dyno tuned unlocked, no cam. Then you post up those graphs saying thats with the cam untuned...so are you saying you made no gains with the cam or did you post some wrong pics?
Old 04-25-2004, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SidewayzOZ
Those graphs and your sig dont make much sense. Your sig says 312/387 dyno tuned unlocked, no cam. Then you post up those graphs saying thats with the cam untuned...so are you saying you made no gains with the cam or did you post some wrong pics?

Read it again. On the first graph the cutout is closed on both runs, on the second the cutout is open on both runs.

The first graph the dyno # 5 is blue and is prior to the cam. On the second graph, dyno # 6 is in red and is prior to the cam cutout open.

The numbers that are in my sig reflects dyno #6 it is prior to the cam with the cutout open. If you read my sig, at the end it says the numbers are with "NO Cam". Thank You.

Last edited by Revelation222; 04-25-2004 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Revelation222
Read it again. On the first graph the cutout is closed on both runs, on the second the cutout is open on both runs.

The first graph the dyno # 5 is blue and is prior to the cam. On the second graph, dyno # 6 is in red and is prior to the cam cutout open.

The numbers that are in my sig reflects dyno #6 it is prior to the cam with the cutout open. If you read my sig, at the end it says the numbers are with "NO Cam". Thank You.
I will update my sig when you understand all of that, so there will be no more confusion.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

gotcha
Old 04-26-2004, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Were you expecting more?
Old 04-26-2004, 10:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BoneSS
Were you expecting more?

Obviously. ...Truly, I was hoping for more HP before I was to get it tuned, but I guess the 98 PCM and Auto just doesent respond well to such a large cam. I drilled the TB pretty large just to get it to idle halfway. I have to keep the RPMS about 1k or it will stall out. The tune should correct all the problems and show the true HP potential of the cam (well on 91 octane anyways )

I posted this info mainly for informative purposes, so that people know what to expect in similar situations without a tune. I will post my numbers again after the tune for comparison on Satuday evening or Sunday morning. Take Care.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Revelation222. I talked to you about you going with this setup earlier b/c I am considering the same cam, so I wanted your opinion on it--I did not want to seem like I was flaming you, the cam, or the car. I hope the tune nets you some power--I think we both need the intake also
Old 04-27-2004, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BoneSS
Thanks Revelation222. I talked to you about you going with this setup earlier b/c I am considering the same cam, so I wanted your opinion on it--I did not want to seem like I was flaming you, the cam, or the car. I hope the tune nets you some power--I think we both need the intake also

No worries, bro. Yea, I need an intake to see the "true" bolt on, cam only numbers with my set up. But I think a 150 wet shot might give me some better track times. Thats what Im planning for my next mod.

However, i do believe there would be 15-20 hp to be gained from the LS6 with this large of a cam. Im sure the LS1 is choking the hell out of it.

In reality, im holding off for the C6 intake to get out there to see its potential before buying another intake. Its Too bad the FAST intake hasent been consistent in gains. If an LS6 comes along for a great price when I have some money burning a hole in my pocket, ill probably break down a get it. Ill be sure to keep you posted after my tune, and after my tires get here, Ill have some track times for you. Take Care.
Old 05-01-2004, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Revelation222
No worries, bro. Yea, I need an intake to see the "true" bolt on, cam only numbers with my set up. But I think a 150 wet shot might give me some better track times. Thats what Im planning for my next mod.

However, i do believe there would be 15-20 hp to be gained from the LS6 with this large of a cam. Im sure the LS1 is choking the hell out of it.

In reality, im holding off for the C6 intake to get out there to see its potential before buying another intake. Its Too bad the FAST intake hasent been consistent in gains. If an LS6 comes along for a great price when I have some money burning a hole in my pocket, ill probably break down a get it. Ill be sure to keep you posted after my tune, and after my tires get here, Ill have some track times for you. Take Care.

TTT..for those of you looking to compare more graphs.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

When are you going to have it tuned? I was really considering that cam. Also why did you decide to go with a 114 lsa? I really want to see the numbers when it gets tuned. Well goodluck and keep us posted.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PunkNPonys
When are you going to have it tuned? I was really considering that cam. Also why did you decide to go with a 114 lsa? I really want to see the numbers when it gets tuned. Well goodluck and keep us posted.
The tuned graphs are already up in this forum. They went up on Saturday right after I got back from the shop.