Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Tick SNS Stage 2 Dyno Results and Build Pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 08:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey@Tick
Upgrading the stock rockers isn't a 100% *must*, but the COMP Cams Trunion Upgrade Kit is smart to do if you've got the extra room in your budget: http://www.tickperformance.com/comp-...union-upgrade/
I think i would do it though. Seeing pictures of the needle bearings from the stock rockers all over an engine isn't pretty.

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Combine the SNS Stage 2 with a good merge and you will pick up a ton of torque from idle to 3500rpm.

As far as the re tune goes after installing the new merge.

Picking up that kind of power across the curve is sure to lean out the tune-up a bit. You'll be removing more spent exhaust gas from the cylinder so more intake charge can now be put in its place. This will certainly lean the tune out somewhat.

How much so is left to be unseen until we(or your tuner or yourself) gets a VCM scanner on it and on the dyno.

Martin, Good point about the merge. I guess the same would hold true for cutouts right after the headers? How do tuners handle cutouts? tune for the cutouts open or closed?
Old 10-22-2014, 11:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Joey is spot on!
Old 11-11-2014, 09:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey those of you who installed this cam without building the block or aftermarket head, do you have any issues with PTV clearance? I just installed mine, and i wanna make sure that the PTV is good enough. I heard nightmares about people installing cams and didn't check the PTV which ended up trashing the block and head.

How about degreeing the camshaft as well?

Last edited by laurentj23; 11-11-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

So you heard nightmares about it, yet you didn't check it yourself??? Theoretically, you should be fine. It was designed to clear stock heads, but you should still always check.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by laurentj23
Hey those of you who installed this cam without building the block or aftermarket head, do you have any issues with PTV clearance? I just installed mine, and i wanna make sure that the PTV is good enough. I heard nightmares about people installing cams and didn't check the PTV which ended up trashing the block and head.

How about degreeing the camshaft as well?
Always check. But it isn't just this cam, any aftermarket cam can have PTV issues with different heads.

Quick Reply: Tick SNS Stage 2 Dyno Results and Build Pics