Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

WS6Store High Lift ASA Dyno Results are IN!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 04:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Psi 1511 is your extra insurance. Don't skip on valve springs. They are probably the most important part of a engine. Especially a pushrod engine.

The pac's are a beehive to. But i woukd never run duals on a set up like this.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

why wouldn't you?
Old 02-19-2018, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Psi 1511 is your extra insurance. Don't skip on valve springs. They are probably the most important part of a engine. Especially a pushrod engine.

You're gonna have to help me out on this one...I agree behive is preferred to get the most out of the engine. I know I can get at least another 200rpm. But, these sound were controlling the valves just fine to 7000 but I decided I wanted the rev limiter at 6800 anyway. So what good would it be to the ability to set the limiter at 7200 when I funny want to rev that high anyway?

Now... if a behive brakes, it's time for a new motor. If a dual brakes a get a little insurance I can bring the car to a stop before any major damage happens.

What am I missing?
Old 03-04-2018, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this the cam you can get for $515 with springs?
Do you daily drive it also?
I wonder how bad is the low speed bucking is with this cam? You have 4.11 so that helps a bit.
I wonder what it would do with 241 heads vs 243 heads, maybe 15 hp less?
Old 03-04-2018, 10:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by z28ss4me
You're gonna have to help me out on this one...I agree behive is preferred to get the most out of the engine. I know I can get at least another 200rpm. But, these sound were controlling the valves just fine to 7000 but I decided I wanted the rev limiter at 6800 anyway. So what good would it be to the ability to set the limiter at 7200 when I funny want to rev that high anyway?

Now... if a behive brakes, it's time for a new motor. If a dual brakes a get a little insurance I can bring the car to a stop before any major damage happens.

What am I missing?
That's why you buy a good quality behive......they don't break.

Beehives easier on the valve train to. yhat means more power.

In a hotrodding world you should be willing to rev it where it goes the fastest.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1 pwrd NOVA
Is this the cam you can get for $515 with springs?
Do you daily drive it also?
I wonder how bad is the low speed bucking is with this cam? You have 4.11 so that helps a bit.
I wonder what it would do with 241 heads vs 243 heads, maybe 15 hp less?
I'm not sure what ws6store is selling it at with springs I already had springs when I ordered the cam. I have very little bucking at low speed... I no more than I had with my tr224 cam. As far *** the heads... hard to say but I would think about 15-20 assuming the 241s were also milled..
Old 03-04-2018, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

In a hotrodding world you should be willing to rev it where it goes the fastest.
yeah that makes sense. Take a look at my dyno though... this cam/heads combo stops making power in the 6200 range so the HP I'm making at 6800 is right about what i'd be making at the starting rpm of the next gear up, but I'll be making more torque and putting less stress on the engine.

Now, if I had a fast intake with bigger MAF and throttle body along with ported heads, I'd prob be making power well over 7000rpm and the behives would definitely be worth it at that point. Hell, if I had the behives + sodium filed valves I could prob rev it out to 7500. But for my purposes and budget... the duals will do the job just fine.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah that makes sense. Take a look at my dyno though... this cam/heads combo stops making power in the 6200 range so the HP I'm making at 6800 is right about what i'd be making at the starting rpm of the next gear up, but I'll be making more torque and putting less stress on the engine.

Now, if I had a fast intake with bigger MAF and throttle body along with ported heads, I'd prob be making power well over 7000rpm and the behives would definitely be worth it at that point. Hell, if I had the behives + sodium filed valves I could prob rev it out to 7500. But for my purposes and budget... the duals will do the job just fine.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:15 AM
11 Second Club

Hey I had some questions about your build, I sent you a PM. When you have a minute shoot me one back or email me at rmcmurray2@gmail.com
Old 01-09-2024, 05:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by z28ss4me
Unfortunately, no. The last motor went up in smoke so this was a fresh motor build. But it's basically a stock LS6 with milled heads. The milling should be good for only about 20hp I would think.
I'm curious to know what cc the head chamber is now after milling the heads.
Or what compression ratio you endup with when all together 11 to 1?