Ls2 GTO Dyno 470/430 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Ls2 GTO Dyno 470/430

Old 06-13-2018, 10:14 AM
  #1  
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 585
Default Ls2 GTO Dyno 470/430

Finally got a chance to get the car on the dyno and I thought the numbers would be a little higher but with the Dyno being outside and the temps being in the low 90's with 90% humidity I guess it isn't to bad. There where some issues with the pickup wire on the dyno from the looks of it, also the care currently has 1 3/4 pacesetter headers and 2.5" exh I am wondering how much that is holding me back vs 1 7/8 and 3" exh. But overall the car feels strong and runs great.

Chris25 is online now  
Old 06-13-2018, 10:28 AM
  #2  
TECH Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
HCI2000SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Howell & Fenton MI
Posts: 11,159
Default

All I can tell you is that my buddy gained 20 rwhp on his HCI 416 LS3 stroker 06 GTO, just by switching to a 3" catback. This was done on the same dyno about one year apart
HCI2000SS is offline  
Old 06-13-2018, 10:32 AM
  #3  
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 585
Default

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
All I can tell you is that my buddy gained 20 rwhp on his HCI 416 LS3 stroker 06 GTO, just by switching to a 3" catback. This was done on the same dyno about one year apart
Yah I was thinking it would pick up pretty well with a decent 3" exh, I've also been tossing around the idea of ditching the stock maf and doing a 100 mm tube with a ls3 card style maf might do it all at once and get it re tuned and see where its at.
Chris25 is online now  
Old 06-13-2018, 10:39 AM
  #4  
TECH Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
HCI2000SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Howell & Fenton MI
Posts: 11,159
Default

Originally Posted by Chris25 View Post
Yah I was thinking it would pick up pretty well with a decent 3" exh, I've also been tossing around the idea of ditching the stock maf and doing a 100 mm tube with a ls3 card style maf might do it all at once and get it re tuned and see where its at.
Yep I hear ya. I do know my buddy runs the stock MAF, so I'm not sure how much of a gain that's worth. He went from 500 to 520 with just the catback change. He has 1 3/4" headers as well. His Mast 215 heads are what's holding him back from what he said.
HCI2000SS is offline  
Old 06-13-2018, 10:59 AM
  #5  
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 585
Default

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Yep I hear ya. I do know my buddy runs the stock MAF, so I'm not sure how much of a gain that's worth. He went from 500 to 520 with just the catback change. He has 1 3/4" headers as well. His Mast 215 heads are what's holding him back from what he said.
Yah im not expecting to see any gains with the maf change just maybe make it more of a smooth transition to the 102tb. Speed engineering has 1 7/8 headers out now for the GTO with a 3" x pipe and exhaust coming at the end of the month so that's definitely on the list to swap out. He should look into the TFS 220 heads reworked by Tooley people seem to be doing pretty well with them.
Chris25 is online now  
Old 06-13-2018, 11:12 AM
  #6  
TECH Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
HCI2000SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Howell & Fenton MI
Posts: 11,159
Default

Originally Posted by Chris25 View Post
Yah im not expecting to see any gains with the maf change just maybe make it more of a smooth transition to the 102tb. Speed engineering has 1 7/8 headers out now for the GTO with a 3" x pipe and exhaust coming at the end of the month so that's definitely on the list to swap out. He should look into the TFS 220 heads reworked by Tooley people seem to be doing pretty well with them.
His Mast 215's have been worked over as well. I forget who did it, but it was a big name from what I recall. His 125 shot more than makes up for any lack of n/a performance parts lol. Back when we were both running 100 shots he would pull on me a little bit. Im really curious how it would turn out now with me on a 150 and him on the 125 shot. His disadvantage is weight
HCI2000SS is offline  
Old 06-13-2018, 01:08 PM
  #7  
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 585
Default

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
His Mast 215's have been worked over as well. I forget who did it, but it was a big name from what I recall. His 125 shot more than makes up for any lack of n/a performance parts lol. Back when we were both running 100 shots he would pull on me a little bit. Im really curious how it would turn out now with me on a 150 and him on the 125 shot. His disadvantage is weight
Yah they are heavy for sure I got mine down to 3520 without me in it but that's still heavy compared to an F body.

Last edited by Chris25; 06-13-2018 at 01:49 PM.
Chris25 is online now  
Old 06-13-2018, 01:38 PM
  #8  
TECH Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
HCI2000SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Howell & Fenton MI
Posts: 11,159
Default

Originally Posted by Chris25 View Post
Yah they are heavy for sure I got mine down to 3520 without me in it but compared that's still heavy compared to an F body.
How much gas in the tank?
HCI2000SS is offline  
Old 06-13-2018, 01:48 PM
  #9  
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 585
Default

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
How much gas in the tank?
Little over a half a tank.
Chris25 is online now  
Old 06-13-2018, 01:53 PM
  #10  
TECH Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
HCI2000SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Howell & Fenton MI
Posts: 11,159
Default

Originally Posted by Chris25 View Post
Little over a half a tank.
That's pretty good for that car. Mine with no nitrous and about half a tank is roughly the same as yours, but mine is full weight plus an extra 100 lbs from the iron LQ9 block
HCI2000SS is offline  
Old 06-13-2018, 02:07 PM
  #11  
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 585
Default

Its still got the rear seats in it to thats another 45lbs at least. But they look way to nice to rip out. My 99 Formula was down to about 3300lbs without me in it.
Chris25 is online now  
Old 06-15-2018, 05:23 PM
  #12  
TECH Addict
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,392
Default

Bigger primaries and 3" duals...bet you pick up 25 with a tune and as many TQs.
jmilz28 is offline  
Old 06-17-2018, 09:44 AM
  #13  
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 585
Default

Originally Posted by jmilz28 View Post
Bigger primaries and 3" duals...bet you pick up 25 with a tune and as many TQs.
Hoping so should be swapping it all out soon and getting it back on the rollers.
Chris25 is online now  
Old 06-18-2018, 12:36 PM
  #14  
Staging Lane
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bergen county NJ
Posts: 51
Default

470/430 is nice power if you ask me. What's your set up?
06gtoLD is offline  
Old 06-18-2018, 01:35 PM
  #15  
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 585
Default

Originally Posted by 06gtoLD View Post
470/430 is nice power if you ask me. What's your set up?
Its definitely nice power but it still has a little more on the table I think when it comes to exh. The setup is TFS 220 as cast heads EPS 230/238 CAM 113+2 LSA port matched fast 102 NW 102 TB Pacesetter headers 2.5" exh 25% UDP.
Chris25 is online now  
Old 06-19-2018, 08:16 AM
  #16  
Staging Lane
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bergen county NJ
Posts: 51
Default

Very nice. Those heads can still be milled and ported, plus 1 7/8 headers w/3 inch electric cut outs should be worth around 20whp, hell might even get you in the 490s... Your in a great position to do a comparison, show how much head work is really worth.
I'm planning on replacing my water pump with electric water pump when I do my heads cam, I've been told it free up 5-10whp. I'm going to need it bc I had a mild cam spec'd out for me.
06gtoLD is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ls2 GTO Dyno 470/430


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: