Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

g5x4 cam only dyno

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 05:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trojan T/A
Dont mean to add fuel to the fire, but read the name of your thread.
Funny, I didnt see my name starting the thread
Old 02-15-2005, 05:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 97bowtie
I figured engine swaps would be excluded from the very well understood phrase, "cam only".

See my post below.
Re-read my post... WHERE did I say it was cam only?
Old 02-15-2005, 05:50 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i knew the mod list looked familiar, but saw z06 in SSonyoursix's sig. the results are impressive none the less but it should of been noted the ls6 heads and .5 increase in compression.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSOnYourSix
Re-read my post... WHERE did I say it was cam only?
I never said YOU said it was cam only. The thread was misleading. Try to pay attention.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

I also noticed you have a pretty decent size cam in your car... where did you dyno at? those numbers seem kind of low.
Extreme. Car just has cam, lid, LTs and a cutout. No tune, no pulley, no ported TB and no LS6 intake. It will be in the ~ 410 rwhp range with these additional mods.

Last edited by 97bowtie; 02-15-2005 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Resident

I never said YOU said it was cam only. The thread was misleading. Try to pay attention.
Maybe these clowns should mention the LS6 heads. Posting numbers claiming it's a cam only car, even though it has LS6 heads...real reputable.
Alright kettle
Old 02-15-2005, 08:04 PM
11 Second Club

Alright kettle
You were one of the first people to respond to the post. You didn't SAY (read Einstein) it was cam only, but you were condoning the notion that the car was cam only by not sharing that little tid bit of overly pertinent information.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

You were one of the first people to respond to the post. You didn't SAY (read Einstein) it was cam only, but you were condoning the notion that the car was cam only by not sharing that little tid bit of overly pertinent information.
Honestly I didnt read the post, McDuffys asked me to post the dyno, and since it was done on my dyno I said no problem... I just happened to read through some statements like yours, and while that may apply to a stock LS1 somewhere in the world, Stock LS6 engines are different. Your reasoning would not work on a stock z06, or in this case a SS with a LS6 in it... And in addition I was also stating that timing doesnt make all the power, and our lack of power in AZ isnt just from inability to crank timing.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:32 PM
11 Second Club

Honestly I didnt read the post, McDuffys asked me to post the dyno, and since it was done on my dyno I said no problem... I just happened to read through some statements like yours, and while that may apply to a stock LS1 somewhere in the world, Stock LS6 engines are different. Your reasoning would not work on a stock z06, or in this case a SS with a LS6 in it... And in addition I was also stating that timing doesnt make all the power, and our lack of power in AZ isnt just from inability to crank timing.
Of course it won't apply to an LS6, never said it would. It does, however, apply to LS1s (yes even in THIS STATE) which is what I (and everyone else who came into the thread, until it was pointed out otherwise) was led to believe we were talking about. Is this so difficult to understand?
Old 02-15-2005, 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

Of course it won't apply to an LS6, never said it would. It does, however, apply to LS1s (yes even in THIS STATE) which is what I (and everyone else who came into the thread, until it was pointed out otherwise) was led to believe we were talking about. Is this so difficult to understand?
alright, youre right, im wrong... Any LS1 in AZ can and has to run 28 degrees to make power... For F Sake man you win... Jesus I love internet forums
Old 02-15-2005, 08:37 PM
11 Second Club

alright, youre right, im wrong... Any LS1 in AZ can and has to run 28 degrees to make power... For F Sake man you win... Jesus I love internet forums
Your inability to comprehend anything is unbelievable.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

The thread starter listed all the mods, down to the strut tower brace....yet, forgot to mention the fact that it's an LS6 long block. Riiight. The thread is misleading which is the reason this argument started. I'll just chalk it up to misunderstanding...

The thread wasnt started by myself and i never said cam only either.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mcduffys
The thread wasnt started by myself and i never said cam only either.
C'mon man, not you too. lol I understand you didn't say cam only, nor were you the thread starter. Please, please try to pay attention.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well for what its worth here in OZ we get many hot days over summer. I run a stock LS1 +bolt-ons and with 12.1AFR can only manage 21-22* timing at max. compression. Car feels great and runs consistent 13.1@107 with the odd 13.0 which I think is good for a stock stall A4.

Proof that timing isnt everything. Personally I believe volumetric efficiency and cylinder compression are more important than timing. Bad timing can stuff all that up. IMO timing is a byproduct of maintaining optimum balance between these 2.

That and good fuel.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:52 PM
TECH Regular

haha everytime I see SSOnYourSix's name in a thread hes always arguin with somebody, anyways nice numbers
Old 02-15-2005, 10:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Stop the ******* pissing match! This is rediculous....what is this, 7th grade? The car has an LS6 crate engine so its stock heads are 243's. Therefor this IS a cam only car....the only thing that oil touches that has been replaced is the cam. I'd bet that if you dyno'd the car in a better part of the country where the air and gas are favorable to high horsepower the car would easily put out over 440 hp. Who cares if the car has a conservative tune on it (22-23* timing)? It is making great power for the conservative tune. Let's get this one back on topic....

...the dyno looks real nice. However i was under the impression that this cam was designed to generate a little more torque in the low/mid range.....sort of trying to overcome the G5X3's shortcomings. I know it's a big cam so i shouldn't expect great low end numbers, but it really just seems to be lacking in the low end.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlueSix
Let's get this one back on topic....
Good deal. At least after all that, we know the actual mods the car has.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlueSix
Stop the ******* pissing match! This is rediculous....what is this, 7th grade? The car has an LS6 crate engine so its stock heads are 243's. Therefor this IS a cam only car....the only thing that oil touches that has been replaced is the cam. I'd bet that if you dyno'd the car in a better part of the country where the air and gas are favorable to high horsepower the car would easily put out over 440 hp. Who cares if the car has a conservative tune on it (22-23* timing)? It is making great power for the conservative tune. Let's get this one back on topic....

...the dyno looks real nice. However i was under the impression that this cam was designed to generate a little more torque in the low/mid range.....sort of trying to overcome the G5X3's shortcomings. I know it's a big cam so i shouldn't expect great low end numbers, but it really just seems to be lacking in the low end.

Exactly why I posted the way I posted. The heads havent been worked nor have they been milled! Thats like saying a cam only z06 isnt cam only because "it has ls6 heads....." . The reasoning for low torque is because of how rich it is in the low/mid It's more of a conservative tune as I was told. It was also using heavy *** zr-1's with 315's so im sure that doesnt help. Thanks again to mike for posting the graph
Old 02-16-2005, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Extreme. Car just has cam, lid, LTs and a cutout. No tune, no pulley, no ported TB and no LS6 intake. It will be in the ~ 410 rwhp range with these additional mods.
Hrmm... Who does this *** clown think hes kidding ? It clearly states that u have hp tuner software on ur site and a good amount of the supporting boltons. Just because YOU are jealous, doesnt mean you need to come in here acting/talking like you know whats going on and talking like you know whats what
Old 02-16-2005, 01:01 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by UGotBeaT
haha everytime I see SSOnYourSix's name in a thread hes always arguin with somebody, anyways nice numbers
Gotta keep it real on here

Quick Reply: g5x4 cam only dyno