Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

g5x4 cam only dyno

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 01:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueSix
...the dyno looks real nice. However i was under the impression that this cam was designed to generate a little more torque in the low/mid range.....sort of trying to overcome the G5X3's shortcomings. I know it's a big cam so i shouldn't expect great low end numbers, but it really just seems to be lacking in the low end.
A lot of that is due to the area... most of the cam or head/cam cars just dont generate much torque here... I believe the highest torque ive seen on a head cam car is Verbs with just over 400, followed closely by my old setup wiht 399 tq... The numbers are very consistent for our area but im not really big comparing them to other states since its apples to oranges
Old 02-16-2005, 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSOnYourSix
Gotta keep it real on here
atta boy mike!
Old 02-16-2005, 09:30 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Hrmm... Who does this *** clown think hes kidding ? It clearly states that u have hp tuner software on ur site and a good amount of the supporting boltons. Just because YOU are jealous, doesnt mean you need to come in here acting/talking like you know whats going on and talking like you know whats what
Just because I have HP tuners doesn't mean the car has been tuned. I live 2 hrs North of Phoenix and I'm not going to spend the time/money on dyno tuning the car until I get all the supporting bolt-ons. I dynoed the car 2 days after I installed the cam. The power adding bolt-ons I have are the ones I listed in my post. But since your comprehension skills are seemingly worse than Mike's, I have a cam/valvetrain, lid, LTs, and a 3" cutout.

Keep little man.

Last edited by 97bowtie; 02-16-2005 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:59 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Exactly why I posted the way I posted. The heads havent been worked nor have they been milled! Thats like saying a cam only z06 isnt cam only because "it has ls6 heads....." . The reasoning for low torque is because of how rich it is in the low/mid It's more of a conservative tune as I was told. It was also using heavy *** zr-1's with 315's so im sure that doesnt help. Thanks again to mike for posting the graph
Sure a ZO6 with a cam would be considered "cam only". Had the thread starter stated in his post/sig that he had an LS6 long block car, we would have assumed it was a cam only LS6, not a cam only LS1. F-bodies came from the factory with LS1s. A cam only LS6 and a cam only LS1 are 2 very different things. You're talking about a head that flows 230ish cfm to a head that flows ~ 255 cfm and has ~ .5 more compression (will vary a little depending on the head gasket thickness).

How rich was the car in the low/mid range? Torque likes fuel, but I'm sure you knew that...

Keep riding other peoples' nuts, works well for you.

Last edited by 97bowtie; 02-16-2005 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 97bowtie
Just because I have HP tuners doesn't mean the car has been tuned. I live 2 hrs North of Phoenix and I'm not going to spend the time/money on dyno tuning the car until I get all the supporting bolt-ons. I dynoed the car 2 days after I installed the cam. The power adding bolt-ons I have are the ones I listed in my post. But since your comprehension skills are seemingly worse than Mike's, I have a cam/valvetrain, lid, LTs, and a 3" cutout.

Keep little man.
youre burning more bridges then you can imagine with your 12 year old attitude... keep this professional and keep the insults out of it.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:57 AM
11 Second Club

youre burning more bridges then you can imagine with your 12 year old attitude... keep this professional and keep the insults out of it.
lol

You're a funny guy. I wouldn't let you dipshits touch my car. The only time I left it with you guys, I pulled into the parking lot to pick it up and one of your shop workers was doing a burnout in my car. Claimed it was necessary to ensure the y-pipe didn't bang on the bottom of my car. Talk about a 12-year-old attitude...

Believe me, if I'm burning any bridges with you, they are bridges I never intended to cross.

I associate with the AZ f-body guys who are straight up, honest people.

Have a day.

Last edited by 97bowtie; 02-16-2005 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

lol

You're a funny guy. I wouldn't let you dipshits touch my car. The only time I left it with you guys, I pulled into the parking lot to pick it up and one of your shop workers was doing a burnout in my car. Claimed it was necessary to ensure the y-pipe didn't bang on the bottom of my car. Talk about a 12-year-old attitude...

Believe me, if I'm burning any bridges with you, they are bridges I never intended to cross.

Have a day.
Trust me, that wasnt "you guys" As ive never met you before, and I dont have guys working for me.

And far as burning bridges im more refering to the beating youre going to get from lilbuddy next time he sees you... I know im going to laugh.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:10 AM
11 Second Club

Trust me, that wasnt "you guys" As ive never met you before, and I dont have guys working for me.

And far as burning bridges im more refering to the beating youre going to get from lilbuddy next time he sees you... I know im going to laugh.

BTW, did you know the ONLY car to dyno less then you out of my shop was a stock head LS1 with only a LS6 cam and bolt ons? EVERY other single cam car has smoked your results... tuning or not....
Oh...we've resorted to threats now.

Very professional.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:14 AM
TECH Resident

Oh...we've resorted to threats now.

Very professional.
no threats from me... im just gonna be watchin... its ok though, E-warriors unite!
Old 02-16-2005, 11:20 AM
11 Second Club

no threats from me... im just gonna be watchin... its ok though, E-warriors unite!
It takes more than an argument over dyno numbers to get me to throw a punch.

You guys are real winners. Keep it up.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

It takes more than an argument over dyno numbers to get me to throw a punch.

You guys are real winners. Keep it up.
youve taken it to a personal level with insults... And honestly if there was a fight between you two, the last thing you would have a chance to do is throw a punch...

Oh, and im done here... youve successfully turned this thread into garbage
Old 02-16-2005, 11:35 AM
11 Second Club

youve successfully turned this thread into garbage
Thanks for your help.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:53 AM
TECH Junkie

The reason these AZ guys complain about conditions here is because when it's 120* outside, it's hard to keep anything cool. With 91 octane and 120* weather, you can't run near as much timing, everything gets heat soaked and the car will pull timing out...these are things the Dynojet can't correct for.
I disagree, the dynojet tries its best but still falls short. That's why everyone here dynos about 10-15rwhp more in the winter compared to the summer.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by verbs
I disagree, the dynojet tries its best but still falls short. That's why everyone here dynos about 10-15rwhp more in the winter compared to the summer.
Not sure if you misread what I said, but I said the dyno "can't" correct for these things.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll drive to Prescott if you help with the 847.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Trojan T/A
Dont mean to add fuel to the fire, but read the name of your thread.
He didn't say cam only, the starter of the thread did, yet everyone is attacking him for something he never said.

This whole thread is absolutely rediculous. Cam only car all of a sudden isn't cam only because it has stock LS6 heads Numbers are inflated, yet he only runs 24 degrees of timing. Jeezus, give me a break. Get a life guys.

The places he dynos his car at do not inflate numbers, and even on stock LS6 heads, the fact that his car made 443rwhp CAM ONLY is astonishing...especially on 24 degrees of timing! So with LS1 heads it would have made 433rwhp CAM ONLY, which is also astonishing.

You guys should really quit the childish nitpicking.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by madhatter
I'll drive to Prescott if you help with the 847.
Sure, if I can find any time to play with another LT1.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:16 PM
TECH Junkie

A lot of that is due to the area... most of the cam or head/cam cars just dont generate much torque here... I believe the highest torque ive seen on a head cam car is Verbs with just over 400,
405 dammit, don't shaft me

soon to be 420+ with my new 90/90LSX manifold, better headers, and EWP going on
Old 02-16-2005, 12:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Not sure if you misread what I said, but I said the dyno "can't" correct for these things.
Oops, I quoted the wrong post

Old 02-16-2005, 12:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

that is def not cam only, that's a whole new motor only ... so if you put on ls6 heads/cam on a ls1 then is it still considered a bolt-on only car??????? cause i'm gonna buy another z and freakin trash the bolt-on only record if it is.

Quick Reply: g5x4 cam only dyno