Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

g5x4 cam only dyno

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 03:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by verbs
If you bought a cam based on only one thread about dyno numbers and were disappointed, then you would have no one to be pissed at but yourself.

It should take a lot more than one dyno run to be enough to convince someone to buy a cam.

What's important here, is that this cam only car on a very conservative tune, driven for the first time by it's new owner, was 3mph faster than any of the other cam only cars (albeit LS1 headed) at the track last Sunday. That's proof in the pudding for me.
Not really becuase after somebody sets a baseline then you get the "well its your exhaust, or your tune, or maybe your rings, because so and so got this much with that cam". Point is all of this could of been avoided if the heads were brought up in the beginning. He listed everything else (even suspension mods!) and not to bring up the heads just doesnt sit right.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:31 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you bought a cam based on only one thread about dyno numbers and were disappointed, then you would have no one to be pissed at but yourself.

It should take a lot more than one dyno run to be enough to convince someone to buy a cam.
too bad that isnt the way it works around here...
Old 02-16-2005, 03:39 PM
11 Second Club

What's important here, is that this cam only car on a very conservative tune, driven for the first time by it's new owner, was 3mph faster than any of the other cam only cars (albeit LS1 headed) at the track last Sunday. That's proof in the pudding for me.
The fact is, the fact that this was an LS6 headed car should have been disclosed. I'm sure you agree with this statement, but you are too damn stubborn to just say, "yeah...shoulda disclosed that this was done with LS6 heads."

If you don't agree it should have been disclosed, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

oh right, so I can't have the highest dynoing heads/cam stock cubed 4th gen in AZ because I have LS6 heads, or I can't have the fastest stock cubed NA times in AZ either....

Well crap, an LSX intake isn't stock either but does that mean those cars don't qualify for any of your coveted records?
yes, of course you can have the highest dynoing HEADS/CAM stock cubed 4th gen in AZ with ls6 heads and even the fastest stock cubed period ... but you can not have the highest dynoing/fastest CAM ONLY stock cubed 4th gen in AZ with ls6 heads ... LSX intake does not touch oil.

thanks for playing, next time think before you type

if the car can't compete for the fastest CAM ONLY "title", then it's not cam only is it

Old 02-16-2005, 04:04 PM
7 Second Club

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

This is about being the fastest cam only car or some record? This thread has been entertaining but tiring. It's my opinion that it should have been disclosed that it has LS6 heads, but I am not on here bitching about it crying foul. Who cares, the guy was happy that his car is making power to what he perceived to be cam only. Are you ladies done fighting now? How about this, my car is the lowest dynoing heads/cam at 390 rwhp in phoenix, smokes like a freight train, and the motor is on it's last leg thanks to the ring issue and overbored cylinders. Now are you happy?
Old 02-16-2005, 04:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by madpwr1
yes, of course you can have the highest dynoing HEADS/CAM stock cubed 4th gen in AZ with ls6 heads and even the fastest stock cubed period ... but you can not have the highest dynoing/fastest CAM ONLY stock cubed 4th gen in AZ with ls6 heads ... LSX intake does not touch oil.

thanks for playing, next time think before you type

if the car can't compete for the fastest CAM ONLY "title", then it's not cam only is it

On the contrary, my LSX intake does tend to get a little oil on it .

I love these "rules" that are setup for your "titles." So you can change anything as long as oil doesn't touch it and still qualify for the "cam only title." But what about all the people that are notching pistons and upgrading rod bolts etc.....are they disqualified too? How about upgrading valvesprings like 01-Z did? Those touch oil as well. Seems like a very grey area where you get to pick and choose what items are and aren't allowed when considering a cam only title.

So LS6 heads are OK for a heads/cam "title" but not for a cam only "title."

IMO, titles are better left to the Supra owners anyway
Old 02-16-2005, 04:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

"titles" "records" were only brought up to show that the majority would not believe a f-body with ls6 heads is cam only ... piston notchin, rod bolt change, and valvespring upgrade are not hp mods, they are only for safety

regardless, i don't really care ... think whatever you want

if it puts down power and is fast it's good in my book

peace

On the contrary, my LSX intake does tend to get a little oil on it .

I love these "rules" that are setup for your "titles." So you can change anything as long as oil doesn't touch it and still qualify for the "cam only title." But what about all the people that are notching pistons and upgrading rod bolts etc.....are they disqualified too? How about upgrading valvesprings like 01-Z did? Those touch oil as well. Seems like a very grey area where you get to pick and choose what items are and aren't allowed when considering a cam only title.

So LS6 heads are OK for a heads/cam "title" but not for a cam only "title."

IMO, titles are better left to the Supra owners anyway
Old 02-16-2005, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Everyone crying a foul, go look on the fastest cam only list and people are using stock ls6 heads. Now, again everyone crying, sounds like you're either very jealous or are just another ricer that loves to fight over stupid ****. Take ur *** over to ls1.com if u wanna cry over stupid ****
Old 02-16-2005, 09:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Everyone crying a foul, go look on the fastest cam only list and people are using stock ls6 heads. Now, again everyone crying, sounds like you're either very jealous or are just another ricer that loves to fight over stupid ****. Take ur *** over to ls1.com if u wanna cry over stupid ****
None of the F-Body guys on the cam only list have LS6 heads. The fastest guy (Smokin01TA) has never even had his LS1 heads off his car.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:14 PM
master of the "jack"stand

I wonder what my car would have done w/ stock LS6 heads and my baby cam.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
none of the cam only cars on that list have LS6 heads.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueSix
none of the cam only cars on that list have LS6 heads.
you are correct sir, we are all on stock heads, some of the guys with pre 01 cars have rodbolts to keep from losin a motor but everyone is on a stock ls1 head

i see everyones argument but this thread is just nuts.
i also misunderstood the mods based on the title of the thread and the car it was in. yes, its a cam only ls6 motor, no it would never be a cam only fbody. that would have to be a original type engine. you could qualify for the vette list tho.
i guess i could get me some stock afr225's
j/k fellas

Last edited by SMOKIN01TA; 02-16-2005 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's important here, is that this cam only car on a very conservative tune, driven for the first time by it's new owner, was 3mph faster than any of the other cam only cars (albeit LS1 headed) at the track last Sunday.
verbs, what did it mph, i didnt see any times
Old 02-16-2005, 10:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SMOKIN01TA
verbs, what did it mph, i didnt see any times
not 130mph that's for sure

Raceweight is probably around 3600-3700lbs on that thing and it trapped 118.x mph. DA was around 2000 at the time I believe....

Last edited by verbs; 02-16-2005 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

not 130mph that's for sure

Raceweight is probably around 3600-3700lbs on that thing and it trapped 118.x mph. DA was around 2000 at the time I believe....

Im going to end this phuqing bitching contest right now. First of all I didnt start this thread and was unaware of its existent until almost a week afterwards. 2nd of all I was ignorant to the fact that LS6 heads werent considered to be stock. So if you look in my sig now its clear as day UNTOUCHED LS6 HEADS! Hope this makes all party’s happy. We are hear to learn about these cars and offer what we learn ourselves not bitch at complain to each other based on various opinions.

As far as how it ran it trapped 118mph on a very weak 2.1 sixty foot. This was my first time driving it at the track. I only launched it at 2500ish and it bogged down. Obviously with a harder launch and a sixty foot somewhere in the 1.7-1.9 range the car will see high 11's at 120mph or better.

Now that we have covered everything and everything is out on the table, lets put a end to this bitch contest. Because opinions in cam only and not will always be different and will always be skewed in one way or another.

CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

Last edited by Mcduffys; 02-16-2005 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Nic00Z28M6
Also, we live in a desert which lacks things called plants and trees that give us oxygen. A correction factor won't correct for that.

WTF? you better be joking

Last edited by 2001CamaroGuy; 02-16-2005 at 11:55 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Mcduffys
So if you look in my sig now its clear as day UNTOUCHED LS6 HEADS!
Actually, would you mind bolding that phrase with some flashing neon background just in case?
Old 02-16-2005, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Actually, would you mind bolding that phrase with some flashing neon background just in case?
Originally Posted by Mcduffys
Im going to end this phuqing bitching contest right now. First of all I didnt start this thread and was unaware of its existent until almost a week afterwards. 2nd of all I was ignorant to the fact that LS6 heads werent considered to be stock. So if you look in my sig now its clear as day UNTOUCHED LS6 HEADS! Hope this makes all party’s happy. We are hear to learn about these cars and offer what we learn ourselves not bitch at complain to each other based on various opinions.

As far as how it ran it trapped 118mph on a very weak 2.1 sixty foot. This was my first time driving it at the track. I only launched it at 2500ish and it bogged down. Obviously with a harder launch and a sixty foot somewhere in the 1.7-1.9 range the car will see high 11's at 120mph or better.

Now that we have covered everything and everything is out on the table, lets put a end to this bitch contest. Because opinions in cam only and not will always be different and will always be skewed in one way or another.

CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

What do you think about those apples Verbs? Just for you! Not to mention the other 10,000 people on this forum.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:49 AM
7 Second Club

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001CamaroGuy
WTF? you better be joking
Do you really think that the oxygen density is the same here as it is back east or anywhere else with tons of plants and trees? Vapor pressure, air pressure, and ambient temperature are the inputs to the SAE equation. I am talking about the oxygen density of the air, not barometric pressure or DA.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:08 AM
TECH Addict

405 dammit, don't shaft me

soon to be 420+ with my new 90/90LSX manifold, better headers, and EWP going on
actually, i dynoed 408 rwtq with my heads/tr224 cam so

Quick Reply: g5x4 cam only dyno