Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Doug Rippie is a BAD ASS!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doug Rippie is a BAD ***!

He just totally blows my mind. I just got back from his shop tonight. The first run was a baseline of 323 rwhp. Ater that he made several runs while in between tweeking the computer. I finally ended up with 346 rwhp. If anybody has not had a Dyno Tune, What the *** are you waiting for. I will highly recommend Doug Rippie to any one that is willing to drive to Minneapolis. I could go on for days about my expierence but I won't. They are a great group of guys up there. I would definately do it all over again no questions asked. He could save your motor like he did mine.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good numbers man.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

word i met him at a corvette rally in SD two years ago with my dad he was doing dyno tunes for guys there, on one of those protable dynos. he also had a 800hp C5 there to show off
Old 09-29-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had him tune my setup with my old TR 227/224 cam and made the #'s in my sig. Nice shop and a great bunch of guys (they did a great job installing the clutch too). I thought he made good #'s for a smallish cam. My only complaint was that the speed density side was running waaay rich (-18+ in the 1500-2500 range) and for $550 it would have been nice if he had tamed that down some. But the car did run strong WOT. For the F13 I'm probably going to head to FLP and get it tuned. They did a phenomenal job on my buddies SC'd C5.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99C5JA
I had him tune my setup with my old TR 227/224 cam and made the #'s in my sig. Nice shop and a great bunch of guys (they did a great job installing the clutch too). I thought he made good #'s for a smallish cam. My only complaint was that the speed density side was running waaay rich (-18+ in the 1500-2500 range) and for $550 it would have been nice if he had tamed that down some. But the car did run strong WOT. For the F13 I'm probably going to head to FLP and get it tuned. They did a phenomenal job on my buddies SC'd C5.

You should of called him. There were three of us that went up, one of the guys had Doug build his motor and he wanted to have a little adjustment for the idle. Since he was getting a re-tune he didn't get charged.

They only had a ZR1 there from Utah, it put down 475 rwhp.The articles on the wall about cars they built were good enough for me. They were talking about a new ZO6 they have to pick and make a monster out of.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by COYOTE SS
He just totally blows my mind. I just got back from his shop tonight. The first run was a baseline of 323 rwhp. Ater that he made several runs while in between tweeking the computer. I finally ended up with 346 rwhp. If anybody has not had a Dyno Tune, What the *** are you waiting for. I will highly recommend Doug Rippie to any one that is willing to drive to Minneapolis. I could go on for days about my expierence but I won't. They are a great group of guys up there. I would definately do it all over again no questions asked. He could save your motor like he did mine.

Holy **** I didnt know he was in Minneapolis. Looks like im going there for my tune after I do heads and cam.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:34 AM
11 Second Club

Doug tuned my old '99 Camaro. Had a set of longtubes and offroad y-pipe, that was about it. It was an A4 car. Went from 285ish rwhp when I went in there to around 325 when I left. My buddy Tim used to work there also (phone sales, etc).
Old 09-30-2006, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MEAN LT1
Good numbers man.

Thanks! It feels alot faster and it runs smoother.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cassmustangguy
Holy **** I didnt know he was in Minneapolis. Looks like im going there for my tune after I do heads and cam.

He is actually in Buffalo, NW of Minneapolis.

Quick Reply: Doug Rippie is a BAD ASS!