Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

More ZR1 Dyno Numbers with EFILive Tune and ARH Headers!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 11:55 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSWONGTO
Bring a Ringer GTR with their best driver vs a intake/header/tune ZR1 with Lou at VIR for 100 Laps That would be awesome!!

NO offense to GTR drivers, but times, real times, show something much different then what Nissan was advertising
The GTR would be toasted in the first few corners, by even an average competent C5Z06 driver.

The GTR has the potential of being a great race car, just not there yet.

and it does need to loose close to a 1000 lbs to be competitive.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
NO offense to GTR drivers, but times, real times, show something much different then what Nissan was advertising
The GTR would be toasted in the first few corners, by even an average competent C5Z06 driver.

The GTR has the potential of being a great race car, just not there yet.

and it does need to loose close to a 1000 lbs to be competitive.
Yeah, I agree. I feel like the new GTR is proportionately placed exactly the same spot on the ranks as the old Skyline GTR. Just not quite enough to muster a better time than GM's best corvette model. Same can be said now, it just ain't quite enough to hang with a Z06 (which up until recently was GM's best corvette). The ZR-1..?go away Nissan. A 4000lb sports car/sedan wannabe/playstation NFS coupe isn't cut out to be an exotic car crusher. You can't have it all in one car. There is always a compromise.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by fueledpassion
The ZR-1..?go away Nissan. A 4000lb sports car/sedan wannabe/playstation NFS coupe isn't cut out to be an exotic car crusher. You can't have it all in one car. There is always a compromise.

That is always the fun challenge.

A few years ago I had a disscussion with a guy who said he could run Road Atlanta in a Subi GTI in 1:21s.

I said WOW, I can only do 1:32s consistently. with out traffic, in my Vette.

He said again YUPP I:21s

I said very very cool and impressive. Then I mentioned I will be at Road Atlanta in two weeks and I know they have openings. Come on down and maybe you can give me a pointer or two?

He hemmed and hawed and said he could not make it. I said I understand, but I would really like a few pointers. and I also know it can be expesive.

Tell you what I will pay your entry Fee.

He finally said it was on GT2. ( which I knew)

I said Son, Games are lots of fun, but in real life, when you hit the wall, there is not a reset button. and then if you LIVE, the biggest damage is to your ego, then your wallet, then your car. That is IF you live through "I give you want for" from your spouse.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:42 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

A few years ago I had a disscussion with a guy who said he could run Road Atlanta in a Subi GTI in 1:21s.

I said very very cool and impressive. Then I mentioned I will be at Road Atlanta in two weeks and I know they have openings. Come on down and maybe you can give me a pointer or two?

He hemmed and hawed and said he could not make it. I said I understand, but I would really like a few pointers. and I also know it can be expesive.

I said Son, Games are lots of fun, but in real life, when you hit the wall, there is not a reset button. and then if you LIVE, the biggest damage is to your ego, then your wallet, then your car. That is IF you live through "I give you want for" from your spouse.

What an iddiot.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

I'm willing to bet a MANY import huggers are actually going by Forza 2 capabilities and what not because they really have it fixed in their heads that the game is just as realistic as reality. NOT. Geeze, the physics on a game console will never be as unpredictable as reality. In fact, that is what makes reality SO MUCH harder, there are way more factors and inconsistencies in the environment which makes everything unpredictable. Games on the other hand are VERY predictable, making victory much easier to accomplish. It's called a control, and games have the same control every single time due to computer code. LOL. It kills me to see guys pull crap like this. It really is.

And also...generally speaking...when someone claiming a sub-par level (in racing expectations) import vehicle is romping around tracks @ significantly less times than world re-known sports cars..you can take it to the bank that there are a few facts involved:

1) He is most likely a kid.
2) Because of (1) he is broke and therefore has never had enough money to rent some time at a track.
3) He is referring to a game console time thinking that it will fly on a discussion board.
4) He is really convinced that a $10-20K import is going to compete with a $35k+ American sport car, thanks to F&F/Hollywood/any other money making media.

I'm slowly breaking a fella here at school down to nothing about his stupid Nissan 240 fetish. He saw (1) 240Sx or whatever it is go 10's and is now convinced that the 240 is king over all. I don't even know if it is true to be honest, but it could be. And I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Funny thing he mentioned that the guy blew his motor shortly after tho, but says "when he rebuilds it, he'll beat anybody on the street". (Until he blows the motor again due to boosting too much + super high RPM's on pump gas)

I asked him to give his buddy a shout when it is done, and I'll have Extreme Motorsports bring out their 700+ hp LS7 powered Ultima GTR for a run, or if not that car then their TT Viper which makes around 1000rwhp/1100rwtq. That ought to shut a 240 up. It amazes me everytime. Someone so far in the dark I can only show pity and compassion on them. LOL.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Awesome numbers.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:53 AM
TECH Regular

Since more ZR1s are now out into the public hands and aftermarket tuners, I think once the computer codes are cracked we will see some very impressive numbers in the near future.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Teching In

nice numbers man..lets see some video footage of this thing rippin it.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since more ZR1s are now out into the public hands and aftermarket tuners, I think once the computer codes are cracked we will see some very impressive numbers in the near future.
Computer is open for EFILive. We have full tuning capability on the ZR1. The tune was safe due to the unknown's.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:34 AM
10 Second Club

You have a 60 rwtq, not 50 rwtq. I had to give you more credit.

All and all, thats insane to say the least.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fueledpassion
I'm willing to bet a MANY import huggers are actually going by Forza 2 capabilities and what not because they really have it fixed in their heads that the game is just as realistic as reality. NOT. Geeze, the physics on a game console will never be as unpredictable as reality. In fact, that is what makes reality SO MUCH harder, there are way more factors and inconsistencies in the environment which makes everything unpredictable. Games on the other hand are VERY predictable, making victory much easier to accomplish. It's called a control, and games have the same control every single time due to computer code. LOL. It kills me to see guys pull crap like this. It really is.

And also...generally speaking...when someone claiming a sub-par level (in racing expectations) import vehicle is romping around tracks @ significantly less times than world re-known sports cars..you can take it to the bank that there are a few facts involved:

1) He is most likely a kid.
2) Because of (1) he is broke and therefore has never had enough money to rent some time at a track.
3) He is referring to a game console time thinking that it will fly on a discussion board.
4) He is really convinced that a $10-20K import is going to compete with a $35k+ American sport car, thanks to F&F/Hollywood/any other money making media.

I'm slowly breaking a fella here at school down to nothing about his stupid Nissan 240 fetish. He saw (1) 240Sx or whatever it is go 10's and is now convinced that the 240 is king over all. I don't even know if it is true to be honest, but it could be. And I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Funny thing he mentioned that the guy blew his motor shortly after tho, but says "when he rebuilds it, he'll beat anybody on the street". (Until he blows the motor again due to boosting too much + super high RPM's on pump gas)

I asked him to give his buddy a shout when it is done, and I'll have Extreme Motorsports bring out their 700+ hp LS7 powered Ultima GTR for a run, or if not that car then their TT Viper which makes around 1000rwhp/1100rwtq. That ought to shut a 240 up. It amazes me everytime. Someone so far in the dark I can only show pity and compassion on them. LOL.

That 240 that went 10's probably had an LS1 in it haha
Old 10-22-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

that insane ! fast ride !!! no one can race this monster only bikes !!

Quick Reply: More ZR1 Dyno Numbers with EFILive Tune and ARH Headers!