Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

2003 S2000 vs. 2004 GTO...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 10:43 AM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
i know someone who ran 13.4 with his stock 04 a4 GTO.
And I know someone that ran a 13.6 in a stock S2000.
Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
I think you know who's going to win if you're making a thread to see all of the unfair advantages you can get against him.

Irunelevens-

First, I'm going to run from his weak spot and refuse the roll he wants, then I'm going to honk it off so I can get the jump, then I'm going to shut down before he comes around me. Then, I'll make excuses for why I can't run him from his strong spot.. like my clutch is going out.

This seems like a rice thread to me
Kinda like guys who run bigs/littles and drag radials on the street like to go from a dig? Half the threads on here I see, "Yeah he hung with you from a roll, but you should go from a dig with your stalled/DR car and show him what's up." There is NOTHING wrong with playing to your car's strengths when you race. And when did I say I'd "refuse the roll he wants?" And I also said I'd go to 120-125mph, so "shut down before he comes around me?" You're a joke. And I'm sorry my 80k+ mile clutch is too worn right now to do a 7,000rpm launch, but I'd like to be able to drive my car after the race. And as far as the answers I'm getting from this board, I kinda expected non-biased responses, but I guess I should have known better.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
And I know someone that ran a 13.6 in a stock S2000.

Kinda like guys who run bigs/littles and drag radials on the street like to go from a dig? Half the threads on here I see, "Yeah he hung with you from a roll, but you should go from a dig with your stalled/DR car and show him what's up." There is NOTHING wrong with playing to your car's strengths when you race. And when did I say I'd "refuse the roll he wants?" And I also said I'd go to 120-125mph, so "shut down before he comes around me?" You're a joke. And I'm sorry my 80k+ mile clutch is too worn right now to do a 7,000rpm launch, but I'd like to be able to drive my car after the race. And as far as the answers I'm getting from this board, I kinda expected non-biased responses, but I guess I should have known better.
I'm not giving you a biased response about S2000 vs GTO.. because I really don't care.

There is nothing wrong with trying a race from your strong spot.. if it's agreed to. But you're going to all lengths to try to beat him.. and it's pretty . And if your clutch is so bad... then why are you racing the car anyways?

Also.. you saying you're going to do the honks so you can jump on him.. that's real cool.

But you're right. I'm a joke. I like fair races, win or lose, and I don't post on the boards looking for all the advantages I can get and then jumping early. How about you do something about your clutch problem instead of making excuses.

BTW - was that you and your car in the F&F? Just wondering.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

id say the gto pretty much no matter what, i have a kid with a s2000 that has wanted to race me and i havent wasted my time with it when i was stock i would have killed him and there is no way it would be close now...
Old 11-02-2008, 02:24 PM
***Repost Police***

I'm not giving you a biased response about S2000 vs GTO.. because I really don't care.

There is nothing wrong with trying a race from your strong spot.. if it's agreed to. But you're going to all lengths to try to beat him.. and it's pretty . And if your clutch is so bad... then why are you racing the car anyways?

Also.. you saying you're going to do the honks so you can jump on him.. that's real cool.

But you're right. I'm a joke. I like fair races, win or lose, and I don't post on the boards looking for all the advantages I can get and then jumping early. How about you do something about your clutch problem instead of making excuses.

BTW - was that you and your car in the F&F? Just wondering.
If you don't care, why did you post? All I did was ask what the "weak spot" was for the A4s. If he honks, then HE will get the advantage... would you like me to somehow make a flying timing tree so that we can use that from a roll? So I'm not sure why you're saying I'm looking for "all the advantages." And I'd love to get a new clutch... wanna give me $1,000?
Old 11-02-2008, 02:37 PM
11 Second Club

If you don't care, why did you post? All I did was ask what the "weak spot" was for the A4s. If he honks, then HE will get the advantage... would you like me to somehow make a flying timing tree so that we can use that from a roll? So I'm not sure why you're saying I'm looking for "all the advantages." And I'd love to get a new clutch... wanna give me $1,000?
LOL I'm saying I don't have a bias either for or against an S2000 or a GTO - I've never owned either, and I really don't care to.

Yes, a flying time tree would be good. Or 3 honks, and you actually going after the 3rd honk instead of jumping

And no, I don't want to give you $1000 for a clutch. If you can't afford to maintain the car, then you probably shouldn't race it.. or own it.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:41 PM
***Repost Police***

LOL I'm saying I don't have a bias either for or against an S2000 or a GTO - I've never owned either, and I really don't care to.

Yes, a flying time tree would be good. Or 3 honks, and you actually going after the 3rd honk instead of jumping

And no, I don't want to give you $1000 for a clutch. If you can't afford to maintain the car, then you probably shouldn't race it.. or own it.
When did I say I was going to jump? I always go after the 3rd honk, but the person that does the honking always has an inherent advantage because they know when they're honking.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:48 PM
12 Second Club

My buddy's stone stock 04 M6 GTO was neck and neck with a I/E S2k untill about 80 where the GTO pulled hard
Old 11-02-2008, 02:55 PM
11 Second Club

When did I say I was going to jump? I always go after the 3rd honk, but the person that does the honking always has an inherent advantage because they know when they're honking.
It's only fair that you jump, because your clutch is going out
Old 11-02-2008, 03:17 PM
***Repost Police***

So basically you're putting words in my mouth about how I'm going to jump before the third honk and shut down early? That's cool
Old 11-02-2008, 03:21 PM
11 Second Club

So I'm going to honk it off so I'll have that advantage and he's gonna have to wait for his car to downshift.

And then I'm going to make up excuses, when I still lose
You said it

Listen man I'm just messin with ya. I'm really curious to know how it turns out.. because I honestly don't know what S2ks can and can not do. So do it, take a vid, and we'll see what happens.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think as long as your vtec kicks in youll have him.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:49 PM
***Repost Police***

You said it

Listen man I'm just messin with ya. I'm really curious to know how it turns out.. because I honestly don't know what S2ks can and can not do. So do it, take a vid, and we'll see what happens.
Will do
Old 11-02-2008, 06:09 PM
TECH Addict

im just curious most people with something other than an lsx on this forum end up with one if they sell their current car, but you seem to have moved even farther away...leaving the whole domestic market...now your about to run one of if not the slowest lsx cars and there is a good chance you are going to lose...why the s2000
Old 11-02-2008, 06:39 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by jrob56
im just curious most people with something other than an lsx on this forum end up with one if they sell their current car, but you seem to have moved even farther away...leaving the whole domestic market...now your about to run one of if not the slowest lsx cars and there is a good chance you are going to lose...why the s2000
I'm gonna give you the quick synopsis (repeated for 24532634th time)... wanted an LS2 GTO or WS6/SS, couldn't find one for the right price. Got the Mustang. Kept the Mustang two years till it started falling apart. Was gonna sell it and get a Jeep till I graduated. Mom offered to trade me her car (S2000) instead, so she could get a new one. I get S2000, she gets Vette. Straight-line performance is not my main concern; even though my friend's GTO is faster, I'd still take my car anyday of the week. Dangle a 6spd LS2 GTO in front of my face though, and the tide turns.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:56 PM
TECH Addict

thats a pretty good reason but i still say sell it and find a good deal on an fbody!

just messin with ya but get some video and let us know how it goes!
Old 11-02-2008, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

13.6 in a car that puts about 200hp to the ground? HMMMMMMMMMMMM. Not to mention about 135 tq at the wheels? I get that it only weighs like what 3000lbs soaking wet but still, I have problems believing that. I'm not trying to be biased, the point is you are going to race a car that has a definite power advantage even though you may be quite a bit lighter, I don't think your gonna win. Anything can happen on the street though. S2000's are nice cars and slang a turbo off of them and they get quick in a hurry. I would drive one for a dd. No doubt.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:05 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Swift_01_z-28
13.6 in a car that puts about 200hp to the ground? HMMMMMMMMMMMM. Not to mention about 135 tq at the wheels? I get that it only weighs like what 3000lbs soaking wet but still, I have problems believing that. I'm not trying to be biased, the point is you are going to race a car that has a definite power advantage even though you may be quite a bit lighter, I don't think your gonna win. Anything can happen on the street though. S2000's are nice cars and slang a turbo off of them and they get quick in a hurry. I would drive one for a dd. No doubt.
It happens... I think 13.7 is the "record" for the 00-03 cars, and 13.6 is the record for the '04+ models. Gearing/powerband/weight I guess. But I expect to lose, just trying to make it interesting.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:18 PM
12 Second Club

when are you going to race? im real courious of the results im guesing you will hang till about 75-85 but never know
Old 11-02-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It happens... I think 13.7 is the "record" for the 00-03 cars, and 13.6 is the record for the '04+ models. Gearing/powerband/weight I guess. But I expect to lose, just trying to make it interesting.
I guess I can see that cuz I have heard of a stock f-body hitting high twelves completely stock. I know my car wouldn't be in the twelves yet, mainly cuz of my gearing, 2.73s. I have a friend here who has an 04 a4 gto with intake and exhaust, I keep trying to get him to race me but he hasn't yet. I think mainly it's because when he bought it he thought he was just the hottest **** in the world and a really good friend of mine bought his 00 SS and handed him his *** when all he had was a stock SS with 3.73 gears. Oh well, let me know how it goes man.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:07 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by IMgettingLS1
when are you going to race? im real courious of the results im guesing you will hang till about 75-85 but never know
Not sure... I'll talk to him when we work next. I'm going to race him before and after the new clutch to see what kind of difference that makes, cuz I'm also gonna change the tranny/diff fluid. It's all original 80,xxx mile stuff

Quick Reply: 2003 S2000 vs. 2004 GTO...