Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Test drove a Terminator DEFINTELLY keeping my LS1

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
How does the LS6 take to FI anyway? Similar to the LS1 around 450-500rwhp? I haven't really paid much attention.
honestly, im same boat as you on that... havent looked into it... probably will never own an ls6, so no huge concern in it..

I was talking about speed, never mentioned price, handling, gas mileage, or insurance.

All three cars are about on par as far as light bolt ons go but, you get more power per mod for the SVT cars than the C5Z06. The only problem, is with the added power it makes it even harder to launch.
Now with that said, I'd love to have any of the three
+1!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GMmexican
Its generally accepted from most engine builders that if your going for an extreme setup that the LS1 block offers more structural strength over the LS6 block, because of the bay windows on the ls6 block
And the LS6 has better block oiling for an NA setup than the LS1 or something to that effect, right?
Old 02-02-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

And the LS6 has better block oiling for an NA setup than the LS1 or something to that effect, right?
correct..
Old 02-02-2009, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by rocksws6
Ok I think I made it somewhat readable now. I still don't get what the hell a bike test is though.
Ok well I say test, others would say street race. Sorry about that, but if you saw the video u would know what I was referring to. I'll say street test from now on. Yes I run spray also on the stock mtr now for 2 yrs. Probably 20 10# bottles through it.

Yes, insurance here is very high imo for a 03 cobra, another negative. Like a corvette.

Last edited by sonic blue; 02-02-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sonic blue
Ok well I say test, others would say street race. Sorry about that, but if you saw the video u would know what I was referring to. I'll say street test from now on.

Yes, insurance here is very high imo for a 03 cobra, another negative. Like a corvette.
knowing that now, and plugging that in...... it still makes no sense to me...

how about you say street RACE for now on?

vette insurance in usually lower than an fbody and what not... it is considered a luxury or whatever.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sonic blue
Ok well I say test, others would say street race. Sorry about that, but if you saw the video u would know what I was referring to. I'll say street test from now on. Yes I run spray also on the stock mtr now for 2 yrs. Probably 20 10# bottles through it.

insurance is not that high on a corvette unless your 18
Old 02-03-2009, 12:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

insurance is not that high on a corvette unless your 18
A Corvette would cost me less than my TA does. My TA is a vert though. I still remember seeing the dollar signs in his eyes. It went like this:

Me: I need insurance on my 01 Firebird.
Him: Is it a TA?
Me: Yes
Him: Cha Ching! Is it a WS6?
Him: Cha Ching! Is it a Convertible?
Him: Cha Ching! Do you want full coverage?
I swear toward the end he was drooling. He actually asked me why I didn't just get a Vette and showed me that it was cheaper. I wasn't a happy camper about that. But it has to do with how many are crashed, what injuries there are, how much repairs costs and the average age of the owners even comes into to play. There are a few other factors as well that are used and none of them are F-Body friendly.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok just thought I would respond to the comment of Cobra's being so much more expensive
Usually they're a newer car which is going to make them cost more. Even being the difference is not that substatial. I payed about 2k more for my Cobra than I did my T/A. That's nothing to write home about. And about the getting a vette for about the same price. I like my back seat and I use it everday. They're not as practical as F-body's or Cobra's. If you don't need it then go for it but I know I do.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hate giving people rides....no 1 can really fight back there except for tiny chics or kids, but i plan on doing a rear seat delete mod on my 02 z28
Old 02-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Teching In

Ok this has to be the cheapest decent condition C5Z I've seen yet, and you can probably talk them down a grand:

Link

Yeah it's an '01 but get rid of the pre-cats and you'll be 99% of the way to an '02...
Old 02-03-2009, 02:06 PM
12 Second Club

^ holy lord thats beautiful!

was in reference to the Cam only record holder!

Last edited by PNYKLR-TA; 02-03-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hate giving people rides....no 1 can really fight back there except for tiny chics or kids, but i plan on doing a rear seat delete mod on my 02 z28
I'm liking this idea already! Next time chicks ride with you they dont have an option but to set on ur lap
Old 02-03-2009, 04:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 05WhiteSRT4
Ok this has to be the cheapest decent condition C5Z I've seen yet, and you can probably talk them down a grand:

Link

Yeah it's an '01 but get rid of the pre-cats and you'll be 99% of the way to an '02...
WOW! that is a good deal!!! miles are up there a bit.. but who cares! that may be the lowest i have ever seen!

Originally Posted by Kmaroman
I'm liking this idea already! Next time chicks ride with you they dont have an option but to set on ur lap
the other day i had no rear seats or passenger seat... i still gave one girl, and then a guy and his girl a ride in my car..
if they want to ride bad enough it doesnt matter..
Old 02-03-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lemons12
knowing that now, and plugging that in...... it still makes no sense to me...

how about you say street RACE for now on?

vette insurance in usually lower than an fbody and what not... it is considered a luxury or whatever.
I don't know, I'm kinda liking the street test instead
Old 02-03-2009, 04:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kmaroman
I don't know, I'm kinda liking the street test instead
hot damn... i think i might go street test some stangers tonight!
Old 02-03-2009, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

See how long it takes me to get this going in my town
Old 02-03-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

Don't listen to him. He's being dry in his description. A 12/13-second car is fast. A 9-10-second car is really fast. It'd be like Yao Ming saying Shaq isn't tall.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Shackleford
Don't listen to him. He's being dry in his description. A 12/13-second car is fast. A 9-10-second car is really fast. It'd be like Yao Ming saying Shaq isn't tall.
a 12-13 car is by no means "fast"...
Old 02-04-2009, 04:27 AM

Soon as it warms up around here, I'm ready for some mo camaros. Damn, I "street tested" most all of those street models around these parts. Last one was a 10.5/128 model. Yes, I suppose you'll find some street stang guy. No problems there. Wasted a lot of gas on those myself. I didn't even kick the tires at home afterwards. That means imo.. a bad outcome for me...kinda ticked off... Either the car or I did not do well.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

I was going to toss my $.02 in on the 95GT comments, but I see that argument ended a day or so ago lol.

A decent H/C/I 302 will net you @ 300rwhp on a Mustang dyno. It's what mine did using decent parts, and yes in a sn-95 body; it is expensive, has drivability issues, and barely gets around an M6 LS1 with a lid/catback.

Now, in a fox that weighs next to dick, it will WALK that same Ls1 hands down, ALL day. There isn't much arguement there.

I just took the next step and just bought a Vortech v1 S-trim(8-10psi) and hopefully I'll see decent results. But I would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, EVER do it again. Complete ******* waste of time and $. Non 4v sn-95 anything is garbage, esp with no power adder.

That said, this thread was about terminators. Stock ones I have encountered have not impressed me all too much, but they do get NASTY, and if you're going to build a mustang, it's definately the way to fly. You guys spit out your #'s game and alot of people read into it. Reality is, that an 03/04 can make stupid HP and still have excellent drivability. You pay for it sure, but it does. Would I rather a z06, yep. But that's because I'd rather a car that's not so straightline anymore. I would rather a c5 coupe with a full LS6 swap actually because I like open air and that's besides the point to an extent. The mustang doesn't offer that without being a vert.

As for Mach1s, they run GREAT. They're underated (to me) and with the factory solid axle are lighter and in general are a pretty neat buy. They are still $ however, and its not much more to step up to a cobra.

Quick Reply: Test drove a Terminator DEFINTELLY keeping my LS1