Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

00 SS vs 75 vette

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 00 SS vs 75 vette

my friend is talking sh*t about how is 75 vette is going to beat mine.

75 vette has a ls6 motor but with a gm carb and holley 750. hes running stock 243 heads and his cam is a crane cam 220/220 .551/.551 112 lsa. also he has a 10 bolt with 4.10s and his tranny is a 2 or 3 speed power glide not sure bout how many speed it is and also he said hes running drag radials. also he tells me that he is not getting it dyno tuned that he dosent need to.

00 SS i have a m6 with pacesetter lts through magnaflow catback but i have a flowmaster muffler, ssra, slp air lid, stock 3.42s 10 bolt. m/t drag radials, blistein shocks/strus with slp lowering springs. and in a month im going to be installing a 236/236 .615/.602 111lsa cam with underdrive pulley, ported oil pump and all the other components that are needed that wont make a difference in times or hp.

so who would win in quarter mile and a street race? im going to show him this thread after i start getting posts.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well is his trans stalled or any kind of shift kit or anything. and for some reason those older vettes are not too light. what i saw states 3600+ so you should have him there.
but damn your 10 bolt must be hating life
Old 02-14-2009, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i believe he is running a 4000k stall. yea im hoping i dont bust my 10 bolt to beat him. im going to start saving for a 9 inch after i get the cam in
Old 02-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Launching!

with a 4k stall and 4.10 gears i think he's gonna spin like mad off the line
Old 02-14-2009, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So who would win?
Old 02-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Launching!

its just my opinion but i think you will, you have more gears, which will keep you in your power band better, his car weighs more. give your ten bolt hell and hope she holds, thats what i do, i bought the car to go fast, if it lets go well i hope it isnt your sole means of transportation.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the jester 812
its just my opinion but i think you will, you have more gears, which will keep you in your power band better, his car weighs more. give your ten bolt hell and hope she holds, thats what i do, i bought the car to go fast, if it lets go well i hope it isnt your sole means of transportation.
yea i have another car that i dont drive and i could always go to that until i get a new stronger rear. dont rly want to break it but well see what she got
Old 02-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Launching!

yeah, i have been baby'n mine around since i got the DR's, not hitting the spray or even speedshifting, even though now i would grab. i have to wait a few more weeks till i can order the 9" rear. but mines just a toy, i might put 20 miles a week on it if that
Old 02-16-2009, 02:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does he just have a cam or headers too? An auto with big stall and 4.10s will be formidalble and won't spin much on drag tires. You also having drag tires will help but doubt you can 60ft anywhere near what he can. Get that cam in there for sure.
I think he will leave you at the line and while you car might be a bit lighter and m6 have a bit more power at the back wheels think you might have trouble running him down and passing him. I would say the race at track willl be close and not sure why a street race would be much different if you did heat up your tires both times.
If you are talking roll on race your m6 might have some advantage higher up. If he doesn't have heads the advantage for pure hp would tip to you with your cam and if his car is indeed that heavy again you would gain another bit of advantage.

So from roll likely be a bit faster. Also with no overdrive not sure what his top speed is that would depend for sure on his trans. He could be running out of mph a lot lower than you if the race was street and went way up there in mph.

You would need gear calculator program to figure out how much mph he can get.
You should be able to go like 170mph top end.
Oh and don't give your car much chance of surviving with drag tires on stock 10bolt.They usually do go kaboom. You might be best to not heat them and take some spin to save the rear end but that would make your race much harder to win.

Quick Reply: 00 SS vs 75 vette