Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Who here has Killed a Terminator?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
That guy doesn't even drive a Cobra, though you would swear he did.
So since I sold my Cobra a couple of years ago I no longer have any knowledge of them? Whatever you say bro.....

How many Cobras have you owned?

Go ahead Arctic.....since you know SO MUCH about Cobras- tell me where I'm wrong. Please...
Old 06-04-2009, 02:24 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Skynet began production of the T-800 "Terminator" Series in 2026. The T-800 Series is a cybernetic organism. It consists of living tissue over a metal endoskeleton. The metal endoskeleton is a microprocessor controlled fully armoured hyper-alloy combat chassis. This endoskeleton is constructed with frictionless bearings in its joints, and a servo-actuated control system. Its limbs are controlled by axial drive motors and clavicular trailing links.

That is perfect!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 02:27 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z28usmc
...How many Cobras have you owned?
Just one, a Crystal White '98 Cobra with an S-trim back in '03.

I probably know more about the 4-valve powerplant than you do honestly.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
Just one, a Crystal White '98 Cobra with an S-trim back in '03.

I probably know more about the 4-valve powerplant than you do honestly.
So please....since for some reason you don't like what I'm saying about the 03/04 cobra- tell me where I'm wrong. Go ahead I'm all ears.

As far as whether or not you're more knowledgable on the 32v mod motors- maybe you are maybe you aren't. Guess we'll see when you try to "correct" me on my Cobra info....
Old 06-04-2009, 02:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by z28usmc
so since i quit sucking **** a couple of years ago i no longer have any knowledge of them? Whatever you say bro.....

How many ***** have you sucked?

Go ahead arctic.....since you know so much about *****- tell me where i'm wrong. Please...
fixed:d
Old 06-04-2009, 02:43 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by cunfuzed
lmao!
Old 06-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Clever.....way to add to the argument. Perhaps you can enlighten us on the subject- you sound like and expert.

Typical....since you can't dispute the facts you resort to petty games. Figures
Old 06-04-2009, 02:48 PM
9 Second Club

So please....since for some reason you don't like what I'm saying about the 03/04 cobra- tell me where I'm wrong. Go ahead I'm all ears.

As far as whether or not you're more knowledgable on the 32v mod motors- maybe you are maybe you aren't. Guess we'll see when you try to "correct" me on my Cobra info....
Where in this thread did I say your info was wrong
Old 06-04-2009, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Skynet began production of the T-800 "Terminator" Series in 2026. The T-800 Series is a cybernetic organism. It consists of living tissue over a metal endoskeleton. The metal endoskeleton is a microprocessor controlled fully armoured hyper-alloy combat chassis. This endoskeleton is constructed with frictionless bearings in its joints, and a servo-actuated control system. Its limbs are controlled by axial drive motors and clavicular trailing links.

LOLOLOLOLOL I knew it was coming.

As for the topic, dude who really cares lol? People can argue this day in and day out. Its all about how much money you put into them, you can spend 25ish K on a Cobra and put another 2 or 3 grand in parts for it and have a nasty snake bite that still drives like a factory car. Or you can buy an LS1 car for cheaper and put alot more money into it. Or you guys can just stop bench racing and get over it. Every single LSX forum or website has a discussion so similar to this, its annoying!

If you really wanted to know what it takes to beat a cobra or who has just search youll get 149,553,612 results.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

Had a termy with a 2.8 pulley and intake exhaust and tune and kept up with a good driver in a c6z. had me by 1.5 cars from 60-135
Old 06-04-2009, 04:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by USArmyZ28
LOLOLOLOLOL I knew it was coming.

As for the topic, dude who really cares lol? People can argue this day in and day out. Its all about how much money you put into them, you can spend 25ish K on a Cobra and put another 2 or 3 grand in parts for it and have a nasty snake bite that still drives like a factory car. Or you can buy an LS1 car for cheaper and put alot more money into it. Or you guys can just stop bench racing and get over it. Every single LSX forum or website has a discussion so similar to this, its annoying!

If you really wanted to know what it takes to beat a cobra or who has just search youll get 149,553,612 results.

Actually...... what's really annoying is people who argue for mustangs on an LS forum. Maybe it's me but you wouldn't catch me in a mustang forum...
Old 06-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Teching In

I love Terminators. One of my most favorite domestic cars. That and the Buick GNs.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JJT
Man I hate Stangs....with a Passion!
Why?
Old 06-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bracketracerZ28
Maybe it's me but you wouldn't catch me in a mustang forum...
http://www.modmotortech.com/forums/member.php?u=142565
Old 06-04-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you get a MAGGIE for 2k? No. The point was since you missed it is that it's relatively inexpensive to mod a Terminator....

Once you start forging the bottom end- going with a stroker and or HCI of course you will have more HP- the point is can you do it for 2k? No you can't.

LSX guys have been using Ford rear ends for years.....no surprise there.

Look- I answered the OP's question with legit answers. Sorry you all don't like hearing the truth. Nothing I've said is incorrect. As Artic 00 pointed out you can make anything fast. With enough time and money you can have a 6 second Vega. The original question was what's the big deal about Cobras? Bang for the buck makes them one of the best platforms to start with. Does that make FBody's Bad cars? Of course it doesn't!! F-Body's are great platforms to start with. Hell the biggest reason I went with an FBody this time over a Terminator is due to COST. My Z28 was HALF what most Terminators are going for these days and has as much HP as the Cobra I used to have. So the trade off is initial cost. You can get LS1's for as little as 5-6k that run decently.....you can't touch a Terminator that runs for less than 15k. That being said- get the LSX for cheap and use the 8-9 k you would have spent on the cobra and get a stroker with a 150 shot etc and there you have it- a high 4XX- low 5XX (or better) car for the same price as a mid to high 4XX Cobra.

Bottom line- both are great cars. Both obviously have their advocates and detractors. But to call either car bad is just dumb.
I see your point! All I was saying is that If I take my LS6 And do equal mods to it that the the Cobra did then I would still have more power! I am N/A making 400+ while the cobra of course makes just a little more power stock but need a supercharger to do it... LONG LIVE LSX!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Actually, there's nothing special about them. They're Mustangs with cute little snake badges, which when you think about it doesn't make much sense, because horses are deathly afraid of snakes!

All kidding aside, kind of hard not to like a factory car with a fully forged motor and blower with the potential to put down some serious horsepower with just the pocket change from your couch cushions!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Old 06-04-2009, 04:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bracketracerZ28
Actually...... what's really annoying is people who argue for mustangs on an LS forum. Maybe it's me but you wouldn't catch me in a mustang forum...

Dude I totally feel your pain, I got into it pretty good with Unit213 and some other guy named StopSign something. They were both on here talking it up about thier mustangs, why come to a LS fan based forum and talk it up. Then they get mad when someone says something lolol. I wish it was easy to get along with the Ford guys since they are american cars after all, but the more I try to get along with them the more I hate them lol.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

good find man!!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by unit213
There is no Whipple 2.4. It's a 2.3 or a 3.4.

What's special about them? Nothing really, unless you like running 10.50's on drag radials with a stock engine with stock driveability.
Stay out of it you!!!! LOL but yeah you right, 2.3 not 2.4 lol.

Quick Reply: Who here has Killed a Terminator?