Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Jealous guy with a supra wants to run my ls1

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1stunna
Just brush that wimp off your shoulder. Whats the point of this? Whether you win or lose, you still got ur lady. Why bother?
+1...it does sound like the jock needs an *** whooping though. and keep an eye on your girl..private facebook messaging is bad news
Old 06-15-2009, 01:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If hes stock you WILL beat him, they run slighlty slower then what a stock ls1 fbody runs in the quarter mile. If you have a added 150shot you should def murder him. And if he isnt stock..then who knows what it has
Old 06-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gc302047
if his car is a single turbo with bolt ons and tune you got him with a 150 shot.
its possible that its TT its not hard to make 800 to the ground in a supra with a lot of money.
Haha ****** jock!!

if you can Try to find out what hes really got. i was just in austin the other day and got a ticket on the mopac! Is that the worst place to speed? Haha be carful and let us know who one.

Mopac is usually a good place to do some runs, the other day after I left wells branch from fishing I hit a healthy 140 and no cops around Somedays there are tons of em, sometimes just none... sounds like u caught em on a busy piggy cop day!

Yeah I think the dude is all talk, Ive seen the said "TT 800 HP godzilla" running around town and it sure didnt look or sound or seem that fast... even if it is I bet he cant drive worth a ****. Thats the beauty of my A4

Originally Posted by ryonyanko
Should this be in the bench racing forum?

Anyway... I dunno man... every time I've seen a supra its not stock lol... def run the nitrous i guess. I didn't think stock supras existed if I were you i'd get good tires so you don't spin and go from a dig
My bad, but yeah Im sure other than a faggy black stripe that looks like a lightning bolt on the side of his rig its a pretty much stocker car haha

Originally Posted by ryonyanko
+1 on the stall.

but this is best advice

man tell that bi**h to stop messing with bois on FB anyway... :p
**** yeah man, tires and a stall would be awesome... but since im living off ramen noodles im gonna have to save for a while
And the chick just loves facebook... she calls it her ls1tech haha... im working on that tho for sure..

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
IF he really has a 95 supra with a 2jztt that has been converted to a single turbo setup, he can very easily be putting down 800 to the wheels. BTW ONE big turbo is better then 2 small ones for top end on those cars. Like I said if he has what he says he has then I would be worried, as single turbo supras with tires easily run low 11's high 10's and thats being modest.

BTW I am just talking about the car and what its capable of, the kid sounds like a *** and needs to get over w/e his problem is
Yep. One butthurt *** still living in highschool land

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
Well, I know the supra store sells a simple bolt on kit that sells for only $1,450 and gives a supra 460hp at the crank or almost 400 at the wheels. I believe it consists of intake, exhaust, and a boost controller.

The jock sounds like a douche and I wouldn't even race him. Only way I'd race him is at the track. If he was popping off that his car was faster than mine I'd say, " Yeah, Supras are fast, I bet you'd smoke me, my car is slow." That will shut him up. I always tell people "my car isn't that fast". Then everyone is like, dude shut up your car is way fast. Reverse psychology.

Anywho, your bolt ons are giving you almost 400hp at the crank or about 350ish-360ish at the wheels, so with a 150 shot I say you hang or pull him if you end up racing from a roll. A dig is anyone's game.
Originally Posted by oddwraith
I agree with you but not your math lol. If he's putting down 360 to the wheels (which I'm sure he is judging by his mods), than he is at least 420 at the crank (that's for an M6). If he's an A4 than he would need to be making over 430 at the crank in order to put down 360 or so. Either way OP. This guy is probably just shooting his mouth and is only bolt on. You'll take him without spraying if that's the case. Jmho. Either way, if you lose bust his lip, then you win again!
Haha i like the reverse psychology but there would be no way I could bow down to the *** like that... If I was outside my rig for to long i'd end up popping him

And yeah guys im an A4 but hopefully im making like 350-360 at the wheels off the bottle... damn jap cars

Originally Posted by 97AnniversaryZ
^^^
+1!!!!

And as for the race, honestly you should be good with a shot. I know damn well you'll be good from a dig because supra's compared to ls1's have no chance from a dig. On a roll is a quite a bit different because you never know if he has that single huge turbo to where you might be screwed because he'll spool like a mother. All in all, I believe you'll have him good even without the shot!

Do work!
Well ill challenge him from both... hopefully that bastard has a baby turbo that wont spool too much on roll races...

Well fellas Im prolly going to race him tonight since I'll be out in lakeway and the facker and his jock buddies are always out by the lake. Im sure they'll talk alot of **** and someones gonna go home the loser... namely him and his jap box.
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by madness410
+1...it does sound like the jock needs an *** whooping though. and keep an eye on your girl..private facebook messaging is bad news
Yeah I was thinking about that aswell, why would she still even be talking to this guy?? Unless...
12 Second Club

My girlfriend loves facebook way too much too. I'm always like "how the **** do you just sit there and page through photos of people, so damn boring."

Anyways try and scoop up some info on this kid's car. I'll laugh if it's one of those old boxy, POS Supras .

Edit: damnit I didn't see that it was a 95. Oh well, still get some info.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by madness410
I trust her but yeah, I ******* hate facebook man... just a way to put yourself on display... Now ive got some feminine man talking crap to me on a computer

THX facebook!
Old 06-15-2009, 01:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by chrisdacarnut
Tell him how much she loves your facials, it will ruin every thought he ever had about her trust me lol
And to whoever said tell him about the facials and he'll never think of my girl the same way again. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that was my favorite, I'll have to mention the pearl necklace I gave her last night

Again, I try and let this **** not bother me but now my girlfriend wants to see it all in action
Old 06-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jph2275
I trust her but yeah, I ******* hate facebook man... just a way to put yourself on display... Now ive got some feminine man talking crap to me on a computer

THX facebook!
with my experience...theres no such thing as a good woman these days...except maybe, MAYBE my mom. but back in her day she wasnt even a good woman.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Again, I try and let this **** not bother me but now my girlfriend wants to see it all in action
Sounds like she enjoys stirring the pot, and the attention it gives her. Kind of like when chicks try to get two (or more) guys to fight over them.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:36 PM
11 Second Club

the more he talks the more harmless he is. He probally dont even have a turbo. Call his bluff with a pink slip race or big money race. That will shut him up.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you could win from the dig and 30 but he might get you on the 60 roll...also the GODZILLA comment is wrong, that is what the Aussie's call the Skyline...not the supra.

Big Skyline fan here, just want to clear that up so you don't say that to him and have him laugh at you or anything.

If he beats you print this off and show it to him...he will cry...
Attached Thumbnails Jealous guy with a supra wants to run my ls1-2jz.jpg  
Old 06-15-2009, 01:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bryan921SS
I think you could win from the dig and 30 but he might get you on the 60 roll...also the GODZILLA comment is wrong, that is what the Aussie's call the Skyline...not the supra.

Big Skyline fan here, just want to clear that up so you don't say that to him and have him laugh at you or anything.

If he beats you print this off and show it to him...he will cry...
Lol Damn beat me to it. Godzilla is the Skyline not Supra hahaa. The guy's a douche and is probably running a N/A Supra and thinks its the ****. You will murder him.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

just shut his *** up and show him what ls1 power is
Old 06-15-2009, 02:04 PM
TECH Regular

This reminds me of tokyo drift.....

Anyways man, supras are no joke. Ive seen some that sound like they just have a catback and out ran my buddies Gixxer750 at the top past 180 MPH. Especially if he comes from some punk *** bitch family with alot of money, which he probably does cause supras are not cheap now a days.

Anyways man, you got the girl right? If this guy needs to prove his car is faster then yours just to impress your girl friend then hes obviously lacking in some other departments. Hot girls always like the Mercedes and beamers, they could care less which one is faster.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:07 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Sounds like neither of you guys are into the Austin street scene.

If you want the race on film, come to the NRRA meet Wednesday night. If interested, PM me for directions. Make sure Supra boy shows up. We'll show you where to race and capture it on film so there will be no controversy afterwards.

There's only one modified Supra from UT that comes out, and the driver does not look like a football player in the slightest. Tell your boy to roll on up, but he won't want to if he's just into **** talking. At an NRRA meet, if you run your mouth, you better be ready to run your car.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TWS
Sounds like neither of you guys are into the Austin street scene.

If you want the race on film, come to the NRRA meet Wednesday night. If interested, PM me for directions. Make sure Supra boy shows up. We'll show you where to race and capture it on film so there will be no controversy afterwards.

There's only one modified Supra from UT that comes out, and the driver does not look like a football player in the slightest. Tell your boy to roll on up, but he won't want to if he's just into **** talking. At an NRRA meet, if you run your mouth, you better be ready to run your car.
Steet scene? Hell, I didnt even know there was such a thing! Usually too damn busy studying or taking ol girl out to dinner to be aware. That sounds awesome.

PM sent
Old 06-15-2009, 02:27 PM
TECH Regular

Why bother at all? If she really likes you she would stay with you through it or not... Pride is a terrible thing.

And if you do race him, compliment his car if you win or not. Showing good will heap coals upon his head, more than any fist-fighting could.

Sounds like she enjoys stirring the pot, and the attention it gives her. Kind of like when chicks try to get two (or more) guys to fight over them.
And I agree with LS1 Sounds

Just my opinion, since you asked
Old 06-15-2009, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by oddwraith
I agree with you but not your math lol. If he's putting down 360 to the wheels (which I'm sure he is judging by his mods), than he is at least 420 at the crank (that's for an M6). If he's an A4 than he would need to be making over 430 at the crank in order to put down 360 or so. Either way OP. This guy is probably just shooting his mouth and is only bolt on. You'll take him without spraying if that's the case. Jmho. Either way, if you lose bust his lip, then you win again!
Doh! You're right, I just estimated in my head, it would be 420-430ish at the crank
Old 06-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Launching!

**** yeah man, tires and a stall would be awesome... but since im living off ramen noodles im gonna have to save for a while
Yeah, that's where he's got you. You need money constantly pouring out of their *** to afford modifying them. Someone I know that has a 900 hp supra had to be an "herbal merchant" to afford it. He's stopped now, but so has his modifying.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

I would just tell him that you don't have a chance and that the car really is slow. If you talk sh*t with him your letting him win. If he continues just tell him your going to go see your girl and don't have time for him.

Quick Reply: Jealous guy with a supra wants to run my ls1