Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Your opinion do I have what it takes to stay with an R1 bike??

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lemons12
Ok.

BTW, you still apparently don't understand what I consider a "race" car and a "street" car. Don't worry about it though.

No I understand, was just saying that everyone has their own opinion on what a street car is . My car to you was a race car.......... the Honda to you would be a mix of both I would think...
Old 08-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your car was a race car....I dont need to change anything on my car to go from KS to DC. The setup that I race is the same setup that I drive it to the movie theater or where ever. Its a trade off when you want to go fast.....bet you wouldnt take your BBC on the hot rod power tour on the current set up! I hate when people compare race cars to street cars. After spending 5 hours behind the wheel of your BBC your ears are going to be ringing and you would have stopped for gas twice already and E is approaching quick!! If a cop wanted to be a dick he could get you for noise pollution as well. Yeah your BBC is streetable to drive to the cruise in spot for what a 15 minute drive?? Cmon man thats a race car! Were you running slicks?? Roll cage?? higher than 91-93 octane?? Thats what makes the z06 so awesome ...505 hp no gas guzzler tax, passes the sniffer test with flying colors, and every creature comfort you can think of. The honda loses because it has no interior! Just my opinion!
Old 08-28-2009, 03:27 PM
7 Second Club

Received 310 Likes on 209 Posts

This thread is stupid.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nicd
this thread is stupid.
nu-uh!!!!! You the stupid one!!!!!!

Old 08-30-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99blownLS-WON
Your car was a race car....I dont need to change anything on my car to go from KS to DC. The setup that I race is the same setup that I drive it to the movie theater or where ever. Its a trade off when you want to go fast.....bet you wouldnt take your BBC on the hot rod power tour on the current set up! I hate when people compare race cars to street cars. After spending 5 hours behind the wheel of your BBC your ears are going to be ringing and you would have stopped for gas twice already and E is approaching quick!! If a cop wanted to be a dick he could get you for noise pollution as well. Yeah your BBC is streetable to drive to the cruise in spot for what a 15 minute drive?? Cmon man thats a race car! Were you running slicks?? Roll cage?? higher than 91-93 octane?? Thats what makes the z06 so awesome ...505 hp no gas guzzler tax, passes the sniffer test with flying colors, and every creature comfort you can think of. The honda loses because it has no interior! Just my opinion!

That motor got 10MPG on 7 cylinders and later found out the converter was acting up... On 8 cylinders I bet the MPG would have been faily respectable.

Just had a roll bar but I can't see how a cage makes a car a race car unless it is a 25.X.

Car has 10.5:1 compression, pump gas car, was run on race gas quite a bit even with pump gas timing and it liked it just as much.

Car got a few noise polution tickets before I bought it but I never had any problems....... yes my head hurt but I almost bought some wide open street mufflers for it that I would just just ran all the time.

The guy that built the car daily drove it when it was not raining or snowing. The tires is a mute argument, a lot of hot rod power tour guys and other big cruisers that bring stickies with them...... I have seen SCCA cars pulling small trailers with stickies on them.....

In traffic my car would get to 180 in the heat and not a degree higher. I would take to to a cruise spot and a few hangouts.... 10+ miles for all of them then take the highway home and have cops pass me and not even look over.

Car had DOT legal IE STREET LEGAL ET streets.

Would I want to take it on a drive to Florida? No, just because I don't like putting the miles like on nice stuff. The only draw back would have been the noise and the MPG...... There are trucks that get about 10mpg....... the 6.0 trucks get about that or less pulling....... MPG is not as much of a factor as people think......

The car was not that loud at cruise..... it was just loud in the car or at WOT..... I had to turn the factory radio all the way up to hear it...

If I still had it and swaped in a better gear (other then the 4.10), droped the tire height down, and swaped the mufflers, I bet it would have done pretty good on the tour....

At 65mph on the higway it was at like 2800rpm or so...... maybe less, can't remember........ not bad for a TH-400 car with 4.10's and a 28 inch tall tire...

I took my car to steak n shake, all over the place as long as I could keep my eye on it.....
There is a 1,200hp or so NOVA here in town and he drives it more then I ever drove mine......... It is a nitrous car, no turbo/blower car that runs around with like 500hp untill you crank up the boost.....

Quick Reply: Your opinion do I have what it takes to stay with an R1 bike??