Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Z28 Vs 370z

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z33Option
So what's the pontiac G8 come with again? Cadillac CTS-V and they cost in the 40k range brand new?
lol the CTS-V is a hell of a bargain at 40k considering its faster than an M5. but i guess that doesent matter if the M5 "feels" better. Nvm the CTS-V is the fastest producton Sedan on Nurburgring, beating the M5, M6, and even the M3, and anything mercedes has to offer as well
Old 11-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Launching!

If it's not this then it's that. That's how you all sound. Why not buy this GM instead of buying that car.
why? cause GM is better. thats what all of this has been about. btw, no one said a F-body is good around the track. it has a solid rear axle its made for drag racing. the 2010 camaro has indepenent suspension all around. and, for the millionth time now, its faster then the 370z in any form of racing.

but if you like sucking *** so much by all means side with the Z then, if it floats you boat. i personally just like cars that are worth my time.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by VerdeZ28
dam it took you long to reply, i guess you couldent find out how you it could be done. i see youve read up on the G50 transaxle though. dude you seriously dont know ****. i wasent asking you for ur advice either, learn how to read, its sarcasm. the G50 came on the 89 porsche turbo , same year my dad has, and the 1st turbo to come with a 5 speed. but if you really knew anything you would know that it really is not necessary to make 600rwhp, the 4 speed could take it. its easy to name a well known porsche tuner and say "just ask them" next time some one asks on this forum what they should do with thier F-body ill tell them just call SLP.

You lost man, thats it, you cannot say anything anylonger and now you want to argue about a completely off topic thing, but that wont hide the truth that youve got jack squat to say about the original argument, and that ultimately I beat the 320+rwhp 370z.

keep practicing at Forza, maybe youll run faster than 13.9 someday

btw you couldent see past the 85 thing. if you knew anything about porsches you would have known that in 85 the porsche turbo was not available in the US therefore making that particular year very hard to come by and desirable since it would be a european version. but how could you have known. all you know comes from Forza
I said I wasn't going to reply to your posts but I will anyway. The more you post the dumber you sound. First off not everyone is in the states. It took me so long to post since I'm in ******* Japan sleeping. Next good job on the google search. If you ask a question your question will be answered. Now I never said I was a Porsche guru, however you've been proven wrong on multiple occasions about these Porsche's. Lastly RUF imports to this day Porsche's of all kinds. From the RS to the rare Turbo S and converts them.
So I guess they weren't available as an 84 turbo either right?
Old 11-10-2009, 12:45 AM
Banned

lol the CTS-V is a hell of a bargain at 40k considering its faster than an M5. but i guess that doesent matter if the M5 "feels" better. Nvm the CTS-V is the fastest producton Sedan on Nurburgring, beating the M5, M6, and even the M3, and anything mercedes has to offer as well
God you're such a ***. You even sound like the ******* commercial. I dislike people like you. Will you ever drive on the nurburgring? No. Can you or will you ever match the times of the CTS-V at the Nurburgring? No. Will you ever drive at Laguna Seca? No. Will you ever setup cones in an empty parking lot to do a slalom course? No. So shut the **** up then. Stop comparing this paper bs. If it's not realworld then it didn't happen. That's like saying "oh the GTR is faster than an LP640 because the stig drove it faster at top gear's test track".

Last edited by Z33Option; 11-10-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:07 AM
Banned

why? cause GM is better. thats what all of this has been about. btw, no one said a F-body is good around the track. it has a solid rear axle its made for drag racing. the 2010 camaro has indepenent suspension all around. and, for the millionth time now, its faster then the 370z in any form of racing.

but if you like sucking *** so much by all means side with the Z then, if it floats you boat. i personally just like cars that are worth my time.
So wait. So the f body is slower than a 350Z around a road track right? Admit it please, so we can just all stop posting this vs that. Because quite frankly it's what the Z was built to do. Be a handler. Not a 1/4 mile car. Obviously the F body was built to be a 1/4 mile car.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:14 AM
Banned

So I go to youtube to shoot the **** since I'm bored right now. And I find this little bit of info that verde seems to leave out. So in this video here, you make things even, you add a passenger to your car and the result is a lot different. Now I don't know how ASR works for GM's but to me it sounds like a traction control. Not to sound ignorant but how does it retard timing if you're not spinning?

So am I right?

http://www.camarowiki.com/index.php/ASR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgQSrm984h4
Old 11-10-2009, 01:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So wait. So the f body is slower than a 350Z around a road track right? Admit it please, so we can just all stop posting this vs that. Because quite frankly it's what the Z was built to do. Be a handler. Not a 1/4 mile car. Obviously the F body was built to be a 1/4 mile car.
LS1Tech.......Pulling in the trolls since the turn of the century....

Considering both the 350Z and the 4th gen F-body pull 0.87-0.88g on the 200ft skidpad........by your reasoning the 350Z isn't much of a handler, huh?

Hold on, wait a minute. Maybe it is a 1/4 mile car? Nope?

So let's see:

Same crappy handling and slower than a LS1 F-body makes the 350Z good for exactly what again?
Old 11-10-2009, 02:24 AM
***Repost Police***

Skidpad and slalom numbers aren't everything, btw.

Edit: And for the record, there is a reason that people don't buy cars out of magazines. It doesn't matter what a magazine says or what some test says... if you don't like the way the car FEELS when you drive it, you won't buy it. And every car feels different. So whether you like it or not Verde, some people are going to drive the Camaro and cars like it (Challenger comes to mind) and think they feel/drive too heavy. That's just the way things are. Not everybody is looking for the same thing in a car, which would be why we have different makes to choose from.

Last edited by Irunelevens; 11-10-2009 at 02:29 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dan Stewart
LS1Tech.......Pulling in the trolls since the turn of the century....

Considering both the 350Z and the 4th gen F-body pull 0.87-0.88g on the 200ft skidpad........by your reasoning the 350Z isn't much of a handler, huh?

Hold on, wait a minute. Maybe it is a 1/4 mile car? Nope?

So let's see:

Same crappy handling and slower than a LS1 F-body makes the 350Z good for exactly what again?
Here we go again, going back to magazine ****. Let's talk road course, autox, that type of racing/driving. So wait doing my random research once again this time in the redline time attack why don't we see any f bodies here?

http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/rt...eetresults.pdf

Or here. But wait, somehow someway they will say oh wait there is a Z06 there though. Wait it lost to a boring, slow, 167 hp, Miata. I guess power isn't everything. Oh and this is the modified class.

http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/rt...modresults.pdf

And look to the right on this one under the driver standings. Count the 350Z's.

http://www.redlinetimeattack.com/

Oh and by the way. I have a very interesting question. If and only if Nissan used the VR38DETT from the R35 Skyline Chassis in the 370Z would that be a fair race against the Camaro? Now we're talking magazine facts.

Last edited by Z33Option; 11-10-2009 at 03:21 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here we go again, going back to magazine ****. Let's talk road course, autox, that type of racing/driving. So wait doing my random research once again this time in the redline time attack why don't we see any f bodies here?

http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/rt...eetresults.pdf

Or here. But wait, somehow someway they will say oh wait there is a Z06 there though. Wait it lost to a boring, slow, 167 hp, Miata. I guess power isn't everything. Oh and this is the modified class.

http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/rt...modresults.pdf

And look to the right on this one under the driver standings. Count the 350Z's.

http://www.redlinetimeattack.com/

Oh and by the way. I have a very interesting question. If and only if Nissan used the VR38DETT from the R35 Skyline Chassis in the 370Z would that be a fair race against the Camaro? Now we're talking magazine facts.
yawn.

Sorry, I don't know much about that unsanctioned racing event. I spent too much of my time racing in SCCA Showroom Stock B and C class events and NASA autox. You know? Real racing sanctioning bodies?

Exactly how many autox's or road races have you been in again?
Old 11-10-2009, 05:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dan Stewart
yawn.

Sorry, I don't know much about that unsanctioned racing event. I spent too much of my time racing in SCCA Showroom Stock B and C class events and NASA autox. You know? Real racing sanctioning bodies?

Exactly how many autox's or road races have you been in again?
Couldn't tell you how many Autox's.Probably 50-60 in a span of 3 years. No road racing.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Goddammit the GTR weighs 3900 lbs, thats more than a Camaro SS by 100lbs, damn it must not be a sports car either. ****.
it has a back seat. it's not a sports car!
They will never understand it man. These dudes are all about performance figures. Not what real driving is about.
i get it now. buy the inferior car based solely on the fact that it might "feel" better
Yes. Power isn't everything.
it also beats it on the road course. isnt that your cup of tea?
No it doesn't. Why do you think people prefer the 911 GT3 and not the Turbo? The GT3 is slower around a track, and also slower at 1/4 mile, roll racing anything. And the Turbo is a bolt on loving *****. They do because of the feel and excitement you get everytime you drive the GT3. And the Turbo is more luxurious.
because they're retarded? that's why..

you guys are reaching. the 370z has nothing to offer against the camaro. so now you stoop to things you cant argue about. it "feels" better. who cares. the camaro IS better. i'm just waiting for the "370z looks better" and the famous "370z will get you laid more"
Old 11-10-2009, 07:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

So I go to youtube to shoot the **** since I'm bored right now. And I find this little bit of info that verde seems to leave out. So in this video here, you make things even, you add a passenger to your car and the result is a lot different. Now I don't know how ASR works for GM's but to me it sounds like a traction control. Not to sound ignorant but how does it retard timing if you're not spinning?

LOL you left out the other video. Its in the first post.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Launching!

in the second video the guy had me put my brother in my car, for a total of 250lbs of extra weight and turn the ASR on, because thats how i raced him every other time before. ask anyone here and they will tell you that ASR kills the car, it really does reduce power until the car stops spinning

but if you like ill post another vid, now that i have new better tires and not the crappy wasted ones i had before, and i replaced my broken trans mount with a energy suspension mount.

I still call BS on all your racing experience since you fail to be able to provide any proof like i did here. you are just hater dude, thats why you are in here, i bet your one of those kids who keep posting crap about the ZR1 in every video it has on youtube.

and i never said the F-body was quick around the track, but apperantly others think so.

edit: btw when we did that race he just finished installing the headers and exhaust the other day, and i passed by his house to pich up a jack, 4 jack stands, a impact electric wrench, 2 ramps, and a tool box, all of which were in my car, probably close to about 140-150lbs, and his passenger weighs about 145lbs, so i would have to say the 1st race was the most even anyways. thats why he was ok with having a passenger at first, cause i had all that stuff in my car anyways so we agreed that it was even.

Last edited by VerdeZ28; 11-10-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Launching!

God you're such a ***. You even sound like the ******* commercial. I dislike people like you. Will you ever drive on the nurburgring? No. Can you or will you ever match the times of the CTS-V at the Nurburgring? No. Will you ever drive at Laguna Seca? No. Will you ever setup cones in an empty parking lot to do a slalom course? No. So shut the **** up then. Stop comparing this paper bs. If it's not realworld then it didn't happen. That's like saying "oh the GTR is faster than an LP640 because the stig drove it faster at top gear's test track".
you hate so hard. you know nurburgring is a real place someone could actually go to, not just a track that exists in your video games, so i would imagine if the cts-v is faster in the real world, then it would be real? i dont understand your logic anymore, its like your covering your eyes and keep telling yourself "no its not true it cant be". WTF did you mean it dident happen? if you want to think that way then all forms of circuit racing is pointless because they dont take place in the "real world" where there are streets and avenues and most of them are in straight lines anyway. and no i probably wont be doing those things either, but you havent probably either so who are you to speak. im just to busy raping 350z and 370z.

behold the guy who managed to run a crappy 13.9, slower than expected for a stock 350z, but his is probably modded to hell, since he knows so much ****, and still manages a crappy time. you dont know **** about anything, and you are a crappy driver as well. so i dont see you accomplishing much in the future.

and of course you would hate people like me, since i just took a **** on your dream car with my 11 year old camaro,(btw that was in the "real world") and you simply cannot come to terms with that. so you resort to arbitrary concepts and simply just talking ****.

oh and by the way, if you watch the second video, and they are both attached to eachother buy video response so its not like i was trying to hide the second one like you imply, but dispite 500 extra lbs and ASR being on, i still took him. you make it seem like he won. buts thats cause you see only what you want to see.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Launching!

So am I right?

you couldent find the answer on google or some other forum you troll around in? goddam troll your slacking. Im going to call the 370z guy up, and make another vid, and destroy him even more, and i wont even post it here, oh no ill make a new thread so you have to work twice as hard bouncing back and forth talking **** on each one. i recommend you use tabs.

and for being on youtube so long, dont you have a vids to show for it? perhaps one of you track days or something....do they exist?
Old 11-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Launching!

damn i just noticed that you posted this link, DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO F*CKIN READ? it says it right there, it reduces engine power until the tires stop spinning, and i assure you my tires were spinning, thats why I fall a little behind initially in the original vid. retarding timing is how the computer reduces power, do you even know what i mean by this "timing" or "retard". im sure your familiar with the latter...
Old 11-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Teching In

in the 2009 scca touring 2 championship every camaro z 28 placed higher than every nissan 350z, with the highest placing camaro being 5th and the lowest placing 10th, while the highest placing nissan was 13th and the lowest placing was last. Need more proof than this the f-body is faster than the 350z in every way? This is a stock class road racing championship and the camaro beat the nissan in every vehicle.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Why do we have to wait 10 years. We have it right now. Where are the f bods at autox? road racing? Our Z's have been there since 69 where are you? Don't even answer that question since I promise you I won't reply back.
I guess you haven't looked very hard, the Fbodies are dominating the f-stock class...
But as you have been saying all along, lap times are just a bunch of numbers so who cares right?
Just because the car doesn't handle great from the factory doesn't mean it can't handling great with just a few mods to fix the simple mistakes. My car with just a little over $1000 in suspension makes the 350Z feel finicky and lack luster in turns. Now wipe your tears before you post again.

Why do you want to talk about modified racing with different drivers with different experience? Anything goes here, and this will show NOTHING about the stock car since most of the these cars are so far from stock.

So a modified vs stock race? Typical fanboy **** here. Sure if you want to drop that 700+lbs lump of underpowered **** into that car to completely throw off the balance be my guest. Or why not do what everyone else is doing to put in a smaller, lighter (390lbs) engine like an LSx series?
Old 11-10-2009, 11:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh hes one of those "Skyline" kids....

Heres a vid that might interest you.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/C...Kit_718090.htm

Quick Reply: Z28 Vs 370z