Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Z28 Vs 370z

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to end this war. To the OP good kill once again, and I know if we ever lined up you would easily take me in my Z. But thanks alot for posting the video as I do look forward to the next race. I am done here.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Staging Lane

Wow...
Old 11-10-2009, 03:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Killemall
seriously man.....the ss camaros just came out....They will run mid 12's at 113 plus mph...It's not a guess...it's the way it will be.... within 6 months this will happen...will your 370Z touch 12.999 at 111????
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *DEEP BREATH* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WOW... you should be banned for that comment.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Z33Option
Tell me how the **** can you pick up 4 mph top end? Unless if something is wrong with your car, it is 100+ out and 100% humidity. Out of all my runs at Atco the most any of my runs has varied from 80* temps down to 35* temps was 1-2 mph. Difference of 700ft. Not ******* 4. A 370Z will never trap 111 stock. 108 surely. 109 I highly doubt it. But a 105 mph trap is what's need to get to the 12.90's. If we didn't have so much weight off the line we'd achieve 1.8 60's and would be at a 12.90. Someone is going to get smart do some free mods and ******* do it.
This.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Staging Lane

Some summaries:

370Z is a better track car than the SS simply due to weight, among other things.

Pricing may be similar, but the Camaro doesn't have a lot luxury options the Z probably does.

A 370Z is capable of being a low 13sec sub 110mph trap speed car. The SS is quicker, no doubt.

The SS with Pobst behind the wheel was 1? second faster at Laguna Seca. That was all after turn 11 on the straight, I'm certain. The 370Z would probably be quicker at Sears Point.

The Nismo 370Z has a higher hp engine vs. the standard model (350 from 332) with vibration dampers (go figure).

The 370Z is a good choice for SCCA T2 or NASA events. The Camaro, again is too heavy and not considered a great handling or driver's car. Not that it's bad, it's just not great. The last gen. CTS-V is a better example of a heavy track car.

The 370Z has reported oil temp issues and 350Z brake fade. Upgrading to an oil cooler and stainless steel brake lines with high temp fluid are very common upgrades for a LOT of cars for track duty. A LOT. At $35k, you just don't get that with the 370. Not sure about the Nismo.

The SS is undoubtably the one to have for the dragstrip and modding.

The 370Z IS a sports car. The Camaro SS is NOT. Let's put it another way: The Ferrari F430 IS a sports car, the Ferrari 599GTB is NOT. Or, the Mazda Miata IS a sports car. The Mazdaspeed 3 is NOT.

Did I miss anything?

Last edited by Deuuuce; 11-10-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Addict

Yea let's not talk bolt on cars vs the Z06. I know the guys over at Protomotive have no problem with bolt on 996TT's making into the 700 rwhp range. So let's see what your bolt on Vette can do at a light against that.
No you don't. Unless you consider larger turbo's a bolt on.

Guy with the highest HP stock block 911 turbo is on this website and it took him quite a bit more than bolt-ons to hit 700whp. https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...-dyno-but.html
Old 11-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Banned

The swap they do is a K24/18g swap. To me its a bolt on but only because it doesn't require going into the engine internals. It's a direct replacement of the stock counterpart so to me that's a bolt on. For you it may be different. **** I had a **** load of k24/18g hybrids but we will have to stick to youtube for this. Sorry. One of my favorites. Doesn't show any hp numbers but you can pretty much guess by the way he pulls on the 470 rwhp M3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Ilc-zTxMk
Old 11-10-2009, 05:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

So is my 402 cubic inch heads and cam stroker motor in my GTO making 550 HP a bolt on?? I dont consider it one since its a completely different engine but thats just how I look at it. Do you look at that a bolt on? Just asking.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
No you don't. Unless you consider larger turbo's a bolt on.

Guy with the highest HP stock block 911 turbo is on this website and it took him quite a bit more than bolt-ons to hit 700whp. https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...-dyno-but.html
I apologize I was wrong. The hybrid k24/18g makes in the 600 rwhp range and 700 at the crank. Sorry for the confusion. Here is forsale thread that explains the kit.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...rts-996tt.html
Old 11-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
So is my 402 cubic inch heads and cam stroker motor in my GTO making 550 HP a bolt on?? I dont consider it one since its a completely different engine but thats just how I look at it. Do you look at that a bolt on? Just asking.
Not at all, that's a swap. Think of it like this if it requires you to remove heads, transmission, rear end, or any other major module then it's no longer a bolt on. So that includes cams, flywheels, clutches etc. But headers, turbo manifolds, downpipes, some turbos for certain cars, are yes bolt ons. Also if you have a NA car and apply a FI part to it then it's not a bolt on car any more. What do you all consider bolt ons?
Old 11-10-2009, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

The swap they do is a K24/18g swap. To me its a bolt on but only because it doesn't require going into the engine internals. It's a direct replacement of the stock counterpart so to me that's a bolt on. For you it may be different. **** I had a **** load of k24/18g hybrids but we will have to stick to youtube for this. Sorry. One of my favorites. Doesn't show any hp numbers but you can pretty much guess by the way he pulls on the 470 rwhp M3.

Wow, that is slaughter.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boltons dont affect the engines long block assy. Typically quick to install (now theres a relative statement), they only affect the air coming into the engine, the engine tune, and air leaving a engine. IMO upgrading a turbo to a bigger turbo is no different than doing a head or cam upgrade: not actually that hard or complicated, but it affects the engine's pumping ability directly which effectively makes it a different engine. My .02 cents.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Launching!

ive got several vids here that you guys might find interesting. keep in mind that my fav cars of all time has been Porsches, but i figure Chevy is the next best thing for what i look for in a car. watch these vids in order. i recommend it

Porsche 997TTstock vs C6 Z06 stock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2WZ9lrfDqQ

Protomotive Porsche 997TT vs C6 Z06 stock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRvrOMgau4k

Protomotive Porsche 997TT vs C6 Z06 same one but has bolt ons and cam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKxqevyqJE4

Protomotive Porsche 997TT vs C6 Z06 same bolt ons and cam but now has 200 shot of nitrous.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcF4RZYOBzw

the point of this is that yes the Porsche is basically bolt ons, and i personally would consider changing the turbo a bolton cause you "bolt it on" and its relatively easy. some consider heads a bolt on, but this is much more involving than a turbo swap. so technically the porsche has less stuff done to it in the end, and is still just "bolt on". Very impressive truely, i think i rest my case why these are some of my favorite cars. but we cannot disreguard the last vid, because even though the Z06 had more stuff done to it, it was probably still more cost effective. Protomotive parts are not cheap at all, so dont think of things in terms of bolt ons or not, think of them in terms of effectiveness when compared to investment. preatty much how many dollars per horsepower. thats why fox body 5.0 are still kept in high reguards today, because its very cheap to make them very fast. i think with 6k you could get a 5.0 to go 10s and that would include buying the car 1st LOL. but ultimately both of these are very impressive, but in order for that porsche to be able to take the Z06, hes going to have to open up the motor and things are really going to get expensive, and i dont know about you, but i feel confident that i could swap heads and cam into a Z06, all LSX motors are easy in this, but i wouldent trust myself with the Porsche, so labor will be also a cost to consider.

Last edited by VerdeZ28; 11-10-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:44 PM
Launching!

btw that porsche is making about 700rwhp or so according to this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1nd5XziCCU
Old 11-11-2009, 12:01 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Killemall
Leave the darkSide and come to us bro..You'll be happy....I absolutely hate my nsx..Slow *** v6...even with the supercharger it only ran high 12's..POS IMHO...
I have nothing to say but *damn*... how could you not run better than mid 12s? And if the NSX is a "POS IMHO," why is one in your dream garage?
Old 11-11-2009, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VerdeZ28
btw that porsche is making about 700rwhp or so according to this vid

Hahaha WTF !

Old 11-11-2009, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VerdeZ28
ive got several vids here that you guys might find interesting. keep in mind that my fav cars of all time has been Porsches, but i figure Chevy is the next best thing for what i look for in a car. watch these vids in order. i recommend it

Porsche 997TTstock vs C6 Z06 stock

Protomotive Porsche 997TT vs C6 Z06 stock

Protomotive Porsche 997TT vs C6 Z06 same one but has bolt ons and cam

Protomotive Porsche 997TT vs C6 Z06 same bolt ons and cam but now has 200 shot of nitrous.

the point of this is that yes the Porsche is basically bolt ons, and i personally would consider changing the turbo a bolton cause you "bolt it on" and its relatively easy. some consider heads a bolt on, but this is much more involving than a turbo swap. so technically the porsche has less stuff done to it in the end, and is still just "bolt on". Very impressive truely, i think i rest my case why these are some of my favorite cars. but we cannot disreguard the last vid, because even though the Z06 had more stuff done to it, it was probably still more cost effective. Protomotive parts are not cheap at all, so dont think of things in terms of bolt ons or not, think of them in terms of effectiveness when compared to investment. preatty much how many dollars per horsepower. thats why fox body 5.0 are still kept in high reguards today, because its very cheap to make them very fast. i think with 6k you could get a 5.0 to go 10s and that would include buying the car 1st LOL. but ultimately both of these are very impressive, but in order for that porsche to be able to take the Z06, hes going to have to open up the motor and things are really going to get expensive, and i dont know about you, but i feel confident that i could swap heads and cam into a Z06, all LSX motors are easy in this, but i wouldent trust myself with the Porsche, so labor will be also a cost to consider.

That Porsche is a badass car, no doubt it, but I'll still take the Z06.

The Z06 is fast enough for me, I can work on it, parts are alot cheaper, the
Z06 itself is cheaper to begin with, still reliable and simple.

That Z06 just needs a better cam, some good heads, bigger intake and throttle body. That will change things dramatically.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:13 AM
TECH Regular

A larger turbo is not a bolt-on...
Old 11-11-2009, 01:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not at all, that's a swap. Think of it like this if it requires you to remove heads, transmission, rear end, or any other major module then it's no longer a bolt on. So that includes cams, flywheels, clutches etc. But headers, turbo manifolds, downpipes, some turbos for certain cars, are yes bolt ons. Also if you have a NA car and apply a FI part to it then it's not a bolt on car any more. What do you all consider bolt ons?
So I dont get what you're saying. I have a built trans does that no longer make my car a bolt on even though it doesnt make the car faster? I heard of Cam only, H/C, FI, and Spray so does that mean I have a trans car.

Last edited by JeaneZ28; 11-11-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JeaneZ28
So I dont get what you're saying. I have a built tranny does that no longer make my car a bolt on even though it doesnt make the car faster? I heard of Cam only, H/C, FI, and Spray so does that mean I have a tranny car.
All people are different. But to me a trans is a major module. So no but I do understand what you're saying about not making the car faster. If someone were to ask you hey what you got done most people would say "bolt ons and gears" or bolt ons and spray whatever they have done to seperate bolt ons from whatever major mod they have done. At least in my own opinion.

Quick Reply: Z28 Vs 370z