Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Z28 Vs 370z

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z33Option
Yea let's not talk bolt on cars vs the Z06. I know the guys over at Protomotive have no problem with bolt on 996TT's making into the 700 rwhp range. So let's see what your bolt on Vette can do at a light against that.

And you say I should've bought the Z06 because it's faster. Look man I'm into driving. Like I said before how much of that power can you legally use on the street and how often? ooh and wait I even had a guy in z C6 Z06 complement my car while getting gas. Come on man.

Also if pushed came to shove, I could do bolt ons on my Z, tune, with a 150 shot and leave Z06's all day long. But it's so stupid to argue this bolt on that vs bolt on this. My stock Z keeps me content. Does your stock car make you happy or do you feel insecure about a Z06 next to you at a light?

now I realize that you are dillusional...as you beleave a 370z can even be breathed in the same sentance as z06

You have no idea what your talking about....Take your 370 to the drag strip and line up with a stock C5Z06...Your best ever run could ba a 13.2 at 107 mph and he would run a crappy for him 12.8 at 112 mph...Even this would appear to be a major rapeing from your perspective..

In reality you'll run 13.5 at 105 mph and he'll run 12.5 at 115 mph...You have NO IDEA HOW MUCH OF A RAPEING THIS IS...It's like you wernt even raceing..trust me Ive been their and done that as I had over 1000 stock passes in my 2004 c5 at the strip and raced many cars that were a second faster than me....This alone would get your mind right...

To get your car from running that 13.5 at 105 to 12.5 at 115 to match that Z06 you will need that 150 shot...bUT FOR HEAVENS SAKES MAN WHAT IF YOU PUT THE 150 SHOT ON THE z06?????????

tHEN GO TO A ROAD COURSE AND WATCH THE c5z05'S BE ABOUT 7 SECONDS FASTER AROUND THE 2 MILE COURSE THAN THE 370z'S..

aGAIN THIS WILL SEEM LIKE AN ETERNITY..

Your gonna get some off hand kool car comments ...Simply because you have the new model...remember when the new mustangs came out..I gave plenty of compliments to the owners of these cars at first...fast forward to today and I see so many of them that I dont even notice them..Much like the 350Z's and 6 months from now much like how your 370Z will be..

But 10 years from now the C5Z06 will still be a kool *** car..Hell it came out in 2001 and still has an amazing reputation on the street...

Im telling you..Sell that 370Z and get what you really wanted in the first place..Those 2002Z06's have hit 0-60 mph in 4.1 seconds..You asked "when can you use that kinda power anyways"...

every time you hit an on ramp..Wich is usually once a day or so..AND for those brisk 4-5 seconds to get up to 55-70 mph to merge with traffic on the highway you will know in your heart that you will never be able to drive a V6 again...

My one regret with my vehicles is that I never owned a C5z06.... Ive had camaro/vette/viper/nsx..And still have an nsx and just bought another Viper a few days ago....But the car that started it all for me was the c5Z06....I remember reading the atricles where they went 12.4 at 116 mph back in 2002...That was fast enough to beat just about any car available for sale at the time other than the super exotics and Viper..

then the C5Z06's started dominating road courses and other track day events..I couldnt afford the 60K they were selling for so i got a C5coupe for 50K and then added the LS6 heads and cam ( Z06 engine parts) but it was still no z06..As the Z06's were lighter and had better handling as well as a superior transmission...

Im trying to paint a picture for you bro..Your 370Z all in all as far as handling ect...is about their with a 1997 C5 vette..A lil slower and about the same as looks go as I think both the C5 and 370Z are lookers..

But you shouldnt even be able to put 370Z in the same breath as C5Z06...

Im not some biased LS1 guy...Im a enthusiast who is trying to point you in the right direction.....

Heres a few pics of my viper i just got.....

Now I see you in your 370Z and I honestly aint given a ****....But you roll up in a C5Z06..Well Im taking notice and hopeing I have a lot more mods than you do cause a civil war is about to break out
Attached Thumbnails Z28 Vs 370z-viper-005.jpg   Z28 Vs 370z-viper-025.jpg   Z28 Vs 370z-viper-009.jpg   Z28 Vs 370z-viper-016.jpg   Z28 Vs 370z-viper-017.jpg  

Old 11-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Banned

This is going to show how much bs some of you SS lovers are spreading on this forum. These are my facts. Apparently the majority of you are retarded so I am going to post up a summary of what bs verde and whoever else it is talking dumb ****.

Originally Posted by VerdeZ28
the better buy is the Camaro SS, why you ask, cause its was priced at 32k as tested in that article and the Nismo 370z was priced 40K as tested. Why would anyone buy the 370z, which has a higher base price than the Camaro SS??!?!?!
I hit you back with this. Acutal dealership pricing of the 2 cars. Not what Motor Trend says but what you and your money can go buy tomorrow. Both cars selling for 35k. Nearly the same options.

http://www.chevroletofturnersville.c...s-4832109.html
http://www.nissanofturnersville.com/...g-4793497.html

Then this guy says.

Originally Posted by Killemall
A 2010 camaro will wax a 1998 camaro...A LS1 camaro on an average day with an average drive is a 13.5 at 106 mph car....A 2010 camaro on a average day with an average driver is a 13.1 at 110 mph car
and...

In great weather at atco with ranger driving your talking 12.99 at 110 for the 98 camaro and 12.59 at 114 for the 2010 camro...

No comparison...If youve ever been to the strip and seen how fast a car that trapps 4 mph higher than you will pull away then you know what Im sayin...
Somehow miraculously by racing at ATCO the car gains 4 mph. Highly untrue.

But wait.
Originally Posted by necrocannibal
My stock WS6 went 12.82 @ 110 mph, granted it was a cool night (about 50*) but it still pulled the time.
Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Top 5 that I am aware of....

1. Pave1 - 12.86 @ 107.70 mph, (L99, A6)
2. speedy6963 - 12.87 @ 109.08, (LS3, M6)
3. 8ty8 ls1 - 12.90 @ 107.90 mph, (L99, A6), (DA -822)
4. nhra stocker - 12.92 @ 109.02, (LS3, M6)
5. NineBall - 13.07 @ 109.07 mph, (LS3, M6)
At Atco when I ran my Z our DA was -844. No typo. Cold air or not. When you have a sticky track and low DA's you're going to do some damage. Next.
Not going to lie to ya they're about the same damn times. Next.

Also how is the Camaro SS not a sports car? what is it then a 2 door sedan? its faster than the Nismo so get over it. it beat you at your own game and get used to it cuz thats what GM is going to contunue to do.
Where as earlier I said.

A sports car by definition is and I quote "an open, low-built, fast motor car. The term describes a class of automobile with two seats, two doors, precise handling, brisk acceleration, and sharp braking — trading practical considerations such as passenger space, comfort, and cargo capacity — for driving enjoyment" Now a grand touring car is a "high-performance luxury automobile designed for long-distance driving. The most common format is a two-door coupé with either a two-seat or a 2+2 arrangement". Tell me I am wrong now. Similar but different. That's why I say it is not a sports car but more suited to be a Grand Tourer.

Then you said.

Let me apologize to those who were offended by my calling a camaro a sports car. yes it is definately a Muscle car or pony car anyday before it would be called a sports car fine have it your way.

but this guy went so far to say that a miata is more of a sports car than a camaro and that just bugged me....he also went so far to say that a 350z is more of a sports car than a vette, and thats just unacceptable.
Originally Posted by salaooyao
there are NO g37's that will break into the 12's with drag radials on a stock engine. and the 350z is slower straight line and in curves than a stock c5 so why even compare it to a z06?
So I said. Backed that up with facts.

All this talk about performance, I chose to compare the Z because the Z is what I had my eyes on from the getgo.But anyway back to the G37. This thread is talked about it. Yes I do believe it because he has posted the timeslip on multiple forums.

http://myg37.com/forums/motorsports-...kest-list.html
Then the Porsche comment that you might have missed.

Also, please tell me where you can find a 966TT for 40K??!?!?! seriously, ill go and pick that up right now! thats right you cant. If im a Fanboy, id be a Porsche Fanboy, and i bet your *** i know more about those cars than you do and have been around more of them. i doubt you can find a 993TT for around 40K, **** the original 930 turbo still go for about 40k, and those are 76-89. BTW get your porsche number straight. 996 is the older one, but uses the newer chassis, 2009 was the last year for the 997, and 2010 is 997 1/2, its not considered a 998 yet.
I backed it up with 3 currently forsale pristine examples.

1. 996TT x50 packaged. The X50 package was a performance package in short summary.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...-warranty.html

2. Another low mileaged TT.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...iles-ohio.html

3. Low mileaged again.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...ic-silver.html

Now here are your 3 turbos. Pick one and buy it fanboy. Now you show me some facts and not what Motortrend shows you or wikipedia.org.
Originally Posted by salaooyao
fastest g37 on dragtimes stock is 13.5. That is the fastest. Average is 14.1. With a turbo it can go 12.5. So the guy doing 12.9 stock probably has a turbo just like the other ones in the 12's.
First off there is only buy a couple G37 TT's out there. And both of them on the stock blocks put down over 500 rwhp and 600 rwhp. Definitely way above 12's. Built buy GTM. Google GTM and you will see. I'm tired of posting up links to real **** since none of you will believe it. Stuck in your LS world.

all you know comes from Forza
So all these facts come from ******* Forza right? More of your bs.

in the second video the guy had me put my brother in my car, for a total of 250lbs of extra weight and turn the ASR on, because thats how i raced him every other time before. ask anyone here and they will tell you that ASR kills the car, it really does reduce power until the car stops spinning.
Oh wait and I already said that.

Your car clearly was not spinning from a ******* 40 roll NA with bolt ons. GTFO with that bullshit. Next.

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
So a modified vs stock race? Typical fanboy **** here. Sure if you want to drop that 700+lbs lump of underpowered **** into that car to completely throw off the balance be my guest. Or why not do what everyone else is doing to put in a smaller, lighter (390lbs) engine like an LSx series?
I clearly said that if Nissan put the VR38DETT into the 370Z. That means from the manufacturer. That is not modified. Would it be a legit comparison? Since the Camaro uses the LS3 which is offered in the Vette which is top of the line for GM. (Vette in general, not talking specifc model). For the 370Z to use the top of the line Nissan engine. Is that a legit comparison because apparently.

Whatever on one of the pages one of the guys says that you cannot compare a FI car to a NA car. Why the **** not when that NA car can touch 10's N ******* A?

Now, since I'm the ******* Nissan loving fanboy and all this other bs why is it that my facts are real and yours are from magazine articles? Oh wait don't forget to go back to the newsstands. February's MotorTrend is coming out that Laguna Seca **** is definitely going to be in there.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Oh hes one of those "Skyline" kids....

Heres a vid that might interest you.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/C...Kit_718090.htm
You are out of your ******* mind. I see more skylines in one day than you would f bodies. A fanboy usually has 0 idea of what a car is, cannot afford it, and typically has their mind set on that one car. My mindset is on Z's. No matter how many R32 GTR's or R33 GTR's I see on a daily basis. I do like them yes but know that they are not the world's greatest car. Neither is any GM like most of you here seem to strongly believe.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Banned

God you're such a ***. You even sound like the ******* commercial. I dislike people like you. Will you ever drive on the nurburgring? No. Can you or will you ever match the times of the CTS-V at the Nurburgring? No. Will you ever drive at Laguna Seca? No. Will you ever setup cones in an empty parking lot to do a slalom course? No. So shut the **** up then. Stop comparing this paper bs. If it's not realworld then it didn't happen. That's like saying "oh the GTR is faster than an LP640 because the stig drove it faster at top gear's test track".
Put into bold for him to read between the lines.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 189 Likes on 134 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

you guys aren't going to win with z33 option. he is a fanboi that clearly isnt playing with a full deck. all he is going to do is keep talking in circles and dispute proven facts. in the end we know the truth, but he will keep living in his sad little world.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Banned

now I realize that you are dillusional...as you beleave a 370z can even be breathed in the same sentance as z06

You have no idea what your talking about....Take your 370 to the drag strip and line up with a stock C5Z06...Your best ever run could ba a 13.2 at 107 mph and he would run a crappy for him 12.8 at 112 mph...Even this would appear to be a major rapeing from your perspective..
I don't care. I really don't. If I did then I would drive a Z06. Please. My God. It doesn't really matter to me what you can do in the ******* 1/4 mile. IT DOESN'T ******* MATTER TO ME.

Holy **** for the billionth time, I know the Z06 is faster, I know the ******* car has this and that and ******* blah, but I drive a ******* 350Z because I love my ******* NISSAN. You ******* all sound like my dick is bigger haha. Is my ego supposed to be hurt now since you can go faster in a 1/4 mile. At the end of the day, when you drive your ******* car home are you happy? If not then I suggest you buy something else because I am completely ******* content with my so called oil burning, brake fading, torqueless, wonder.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Launching!

seriously man.....the ss camaros just came out....They will run mid 12's at 113 plus mph...It's not a guess...it's the way it will be.... within 6 months this will happen...will your 370Z touch 12.999 at 111????

Im a lot more confident in the camaro than the Z....Thats for sure....

And yea..Someone at a jersey track will figure the new ss out and make it happen..

Dont forget that people figured out how to get 2005 C6's TO touch 12.4 at 115 mph.....wHEN THE FIRST BUYERS WHERE ONLY HITTING 12.9 AT 110 MPH.....

To me the LS3 SS is only a tick (2 mph and 2 tenths) slower than the 2005 C6 as the LS3 is a farr superior engine to the LS2 Try (335 rwhp VRS 370 rwhp)
Old 11-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by big hammer
you guys aren't going to win with z33 option. he is a fanboi that clearly isnt playing with a full deck. all he is going to do is keep talking in circles and dispute proven facts. in the end we know the truth, but he will keep living in his sad little world.
Here we go again. I'd like to crush you with a big ******* hammer.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Banned

seriously man.....the ss camaros just came out....They will run mid 12's at 113 plus mph...It's not a guess...it's the way it will be.... within 6 months this will happen...will your 370Z touch 12.999 at 111????

Im a lot more confident in the camaro than the Z....Thats for sure....

And yea..Someone at a jersey track will figure the new ss out and make it happen..

Dont forget that people figured out how to get 2005 C6's TO touch 12.4 at 115 mph.....wHEN THE FIRST BUYERS WHERE ONLY HITTING 12.9 AT 110 MPH.....

To me the LS3 SS is only a tick (2 mph and 2 tenths) slower than the 2005 C6 as the LS3 is a farr superior engine to the LS2 Try (335 rwhp VRS 370 rwhp)
Tell me how the **** can you pick up 4 mph top end? Unless if something is wrong with your car, it is 100+ out and 100% humidity. Out of all my runs at Atco the most any of my runs has varied from 80* temps down to 35* temps was 1-2 mph. Difference of 700ft. Not ******* 4. A 370Z will never trap 111 stock. 108 surely. 109 I highly doubt it. But a 105 mph trap is what's need to get to the 12.90's. If we didn't have so much weight off the line we'd achieve 1.8 60's and would be at a 12.90. Someone is going to get smart do some free mods and ******* do it.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Launching!

Leave the darkSide and come to us bro..You'll be happy....I absolutely hate my nsx..Slow *** v6...even with the supercharger it only ran high 12's..POS IMHO...

Sell that **** and get the SS..10 years from now a SS camaro will still be a bad mother ******..

My dream garage is...

-1996 Viper
-1991 nsx
-2001 c5Z05
-2002 SS camaro
-2003 cobra ( questionable)

Some cars..even years from now will have a street cred that will never die...SS camaro is one of them..

If you just wont do the SS then man up and get the C5Z06...get a 2004 with the carbon fiber hood...Or a white with red interior "drool"....

Anyways...You'll see the light after your first actual street encounter against a SS or C5Z06....

I remember when I was trying to decide between a SRT10 and C6Z06 years ago...I was like..Man the viper looks kooler and the Vipers more exotic and the Viper has 10 more HP at 510 VS 500 and the Viper yada yada yada...

But when I raced my friends C6Z06 from 70-140 mph and he put 2 cars on me..Well all that **** goes out the window and I started to question my decision a lil...You'll see....
Old 11-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Launching!

yes i can lose traction with a 40 in 1st gear, my car has a little something called torque, something you must be completely unfamiliar with. Also, so i guess youve been to nurburgring and laguna seca right? go play some more Forza. arguing with you is pointless because you havent really been able to disprove anything. the two 35K cars was a simple 370z compared with the 2SS, so your basically comparing a basic 370z with a fully optioned Camaro 2SS, what about both of them being base models? a base SS is cheaper than a base 370z. and that example you showed the 370z has less options.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Banned

yes i can lose traction with a 40 in 1st gear, my car has a little something called torque, something you must be completely unfamiliar with. Also, so i guess youve been to nurburgring and laguna seca right? go play some more Forza. arguing with you is pointless because you havent really been able to disprove anything. the two 35K cars was a simple 370z compared with the 2SS, so your basically comparing a basic 370z with a fully optioned Camaro 2SS, what about both of them being base models? a base SS is cheaper than a base 370z. and that example you showed the 370z has less options.
OMG I NEVER SAID I WAS GOING THERE. YOU COMPARED THE TIMES NOT ME DUMBASS. Being in the military I do have the option since there is an AFB nearby in Germany. But will I ever pay the ridiculous price to do 1 lap. Hell ******* no.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Banned

Leave the darkSide and come to us bro..You'll be happy....I absolutely hate my nsx..Slow *** v6...even with the supercharger it only ran high 12's..POS IMHO...

Sell that **** and get the SS..10 years from now a SS camaro will still be a bad mother ******..

My dream garage is...

-1996 Viper
-1991 nsx
-2001 c5Z05
-2002 SS camaro
-2003 cobra ( questionable)

Some cars..even years from now will have a street cred that will never die...SS camaro is one of them..

If you just wont do the SS then man up and get the C5Z06...get a 2004 with the carbon fiber hood...Or a white with red interior "drool"....

Anyways...You'll see the light after your first actual street encounter against a SS or C5Z06....

I remember when I was trying to decide between a SRT10 and C6Z06 years ago...I was like..Man the viper looks kooler and the Vipers more exotic and the Viper has 10 more HP at 510 VS 500 and the Viper yada yada yada...

But when I raced my friends C6Z06 from 70-140 mph and he put 2 cars on me..Well all that **** goes out the window and I started to question my decision a lil...You'll see....
No. I hate you. But I do have a love for the GTS Vipers though. Would never buy one since I met alot of the owners at meets and they are ********.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Launching!

Tell me how the **** can you pick up 4 mph top end? Unless if something is wrong with your car, it is 100+ out and 100% humidity. Out of all my runs at Atco the most any of my runs has varied from 80* temps down to 35* temps was 1-2 mph. Difference of 700ft. Not ******* 4. A 370Z will never trap 111 stock. 108 surely. 109 I highly doubt it. But a 105 mph trap is what's need to get to the 12.90's. If we didn't have so much weight off the line we'd achieve 1.8 60's and would be at a 12.90. Someone is going to get smart do some free mods and ******* do it.
How the **** can a C6Z06 hit 10.999 at 129 when everyone else runs 11.6 at 125?

How the **** can a 2003 Viper run 11.5 at 124 when everyone else runs 11.9 at 121?

How the **** can a C5Z06 run 11.999 at 117 when everyone else runs 12.4 at 115?

How the **** can a 98 camaro run 12.999 at 110 when everyone else runs 13.4 at 106?

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE and perfect weather conditions as well as perfect track prep and the grace of GOD and a lil luck....

"109 I highly doubt it. But a 105 mph trap is what's need to get to the 12.90's. If we didn't have so much weight off the line we'd achieve 1.8 60's and would be at a 12.90. Someone is going to get smart do some free mods and ******* do it"

I beleave this is why we all have problems with Ricers...You say do some free mods and hit the 12.999......Stock is stock period... Free mods my *** bro...Why dont you take out the air filter and punch out the cats and take off the side view mirrors while your doing the other free mods...

Good Grief Z33Brown
Old 11-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Banned

Ok I should've clarified "free mods". Free mods as in weight reduction. No spare, jack, etc.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Launching!

i asked you if you have any proof or vids of what you claim you can do, first you said you have a 350z, and when all these guys just now mistakingly said you have a 370z, you dident correct them, im starting to question whether you have any of these cars at all, and for going out racing 50 to 60 times or whatever it is, you dont have anything to show for it? your full of **** dude.

i like how you disreguard my last comment about loosing traction, I really want to know how you could tell though, since you cant even see my tires in the vid. and the tires i had in the vid were worn and had no tread left. they were also 18" kumho crappy tires.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

hahaha ! You guys have exuberance.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Launching!

Didnt realize you were in the military....I respect that...I did 7 years Army infantry and now have to wear hearing aids and talk like a retard cause I cant hear what im sayin...But it was worth it.....

Ill leave you alone since you serve our country and keep us safe...But let me know when you discharge so i can talk **** about choosing a 370Z over a SS or good God C5Z06...

Until discharged or retired...Have a good one and Thank You for keeping me..my wife /kids and every american citizen safe
Old 11-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Banned

i asked you if you have any proof or vids of what you claim you can do, first you said you have a 350z, and when all these guys just now mistakingly said you have a 370z, you dident correct them, im starting to question whether you have any of these cars at all, and for going out racing 50 to 60 times or whatever it is, you dont have anything to show for it? your full of **** dude.

i like how you disreguard my last comment about loosing traction, I really want to know how you could tell though, since you cant even see my tires in the vid. and the tires i had in the vid were worn and had no tread left. they were also 18" kumho crappy tires.
Ok here's some pics for you all. My Z. Sorry I do not have any proof of my 50-60 autox's. Sorry so you can call bs on that. I know what I did.

I'm sure someone from Texas is also going to notice the plate. I bought the car after techschool in Texas and have since converted the plates to NJ. I might have some that are updated I might not but these were what was available on my photobucket.

My old S14 powered by a RB25DET to show that I do live in Japan.

Last edited by Z33Option; 11-10-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Banned

Didnt realize you were in the military....I respect that...I did 7 years Army infantry and now have to wear hearing aids and talk like a retard cause I cant hear what im sayin...But it was worth it.....

Ill leave you alone since you serve our country and keep us safe...But let me know when you discharge so i can talk **** about choosing a 370Z over a SS or good God C5Z06...

Until discharged or retired...Have a good one and Thank You for keeping me..my wife /kids and every american citizen safe
Thanks alot. I will definitely get back to you. Quote me on this but I will admit buying a Camaro SS or C6 Corvette is extremely tempting. (10 more pages)

Quick Reply: Z28 Vs 370z