Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Z28 Vs 370z

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z

Also the big thing now is guys ditching the factory block for land cruiser blocks........ I hear there are some of those making over 2,000 hp not breaking a sweat and that the above race car is not runing it yet.... the rover block is the next step up from the 2JZ block when it comes to holding power.....

Same thing for the Nissan guys in the middle east. A lot of them have been building the TB48 blocks that come out of the Nissan Patrols...many getting around 1750-2000+HP with a proper size turbo:
Old 12-02-2009, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
Same thing for the Nissan guys in the middle east. A lot of them have been building the TB48 blocks that come out of the Nissan Patrols...many getting around 1750-2000+HP with a proper size turbo:
And that piece of **** also has about 10 minutes of turbo lag. The turbo is bigger than the engine, looks like its off a diesel semi truck. Completely worthless.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
And that piece of **** also has about 10 minutes of turbo lag. The turbo is bigger than the engine, looks like its off a diesel semi truck. Completely worthless.
It's obvious you have never seen a 114MM turbo before.......... FAIL!!!!!

Pretty much everyone with thumper turbos (like 91MM and larger) run ball bearing or dual ball bearing........ drops the spool time quite a bit and the larger the motor the less spool time...........

There are plenty of street Supras with low 90 range MM turbos, ball bearing and the lag is not bad at all.

Again I say FAIL!!!!!!!!! and in racing nobody cares about lag because you are up on the boost before your launch or from a roll you allready have the RPM's up........ You also fail because you obviously did not know that all the guys runing fast (like 7's and better) with a single run about that size of a trubo...... the twin guys run twin 91's or so..... EPIC STUPID FAIL!!!!!!!!!! You might also want to see what turbo that 6.4 second car has........

Lastly fail for not knowing what a semi truck turo looks like or even a Deisel trubo looks like compared to a car/race turbo...

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 12-02-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's obvious you have never seen a 114MM turbo before.......... FAIL!!!!!
You sound like you are 8 years old.

I've seen plenty of turbos before, not sure where your making these assumptions from.

Pretty much everyone with thumper turbos (like 91MM and larger) run ball bearing or dual ball bearing........ drops the spool time quite a bit and the larger the motor the less spool time...........
I assumed it was ball bearing. Most aftermarket turbos are. Where did I say it isn't??

There are plenty of street Supras with low 90 range MM turbos, ball bearing and the lag is not bad at all.
Your definition of "not bad" must be the same as everyone else's definition of "unstreetable". No 3.0L 6 cylinder is going to spool a giant turbo without ridiculous lag.

Again I say FAIL!!!!!!!!! and in racing nobody cares about lag because you are up on the boost before your launch or from a roll you allready have the RPM's up........ You also fail because you obviously did not know that all the guys runing fast (like 7's and better) with a single run about that size of a trubo...... the twin guys run twin 91's or so..... EPIC STUPID FAIL!!!!!!!!!! You might also want to see what turbo that 6.4 second car has........
Again I say you are an immature idiot.

Nobody cares about lag?? Your jumping between street cars and race cars like you can't decide which you are trying to justify. Either way running giant turbos on small engines is not ideal from any perspective.

Lastly fail for not knowing what a semi truck turo looks like or even a Deisel trubo looks like compared to a car/race turbo...
It was an analogy between sizes, I wasn't saying the turbo was literally off a semi you fool. Honestly you need to get a grip, all you can do is spew garbage and rant about "failing", your posts are ridiculous and childish. And "diesel turbo" is spelled like "diesel turbo", not "deisel trubo". You're so busy ranting you can't even take the time to type properly.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:11 PM
***Repost Police***

Regardless, when talking about racing (street or track) lag is not nearly as big a factor as you always make it out to be.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Wesman, here he is to save the day.

Blah blah blah, imports are junk, blah blah blah, you are stupid, blah blah blah, they have weak parts, blah blah blah.

There you go Wes I saved you a bunch of typing. Its the same **** you always say so if you want to copy and paste it you are more than welcome to.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Very true. How long the SSC took to hit 257mph is the question and I would guess the Supras could hit that mark too. Perhaps easily. I wonder if the SSC is breaking those records on pump gas and actual production level boost.

Looking at this 200mph club list, there are some LSx cars (Corvettes):

http://www.texasmile.net/pdf/200MPHC...s2003-2009.xls
this is off of guiness world record: "In order to be the worlds fastest production model car you have to meet all the safety and emissions standards that production models face, as well as run on fuel from the average pump."

now im not exactly sure if this is how its done but i read its tested as an average of going back and forth on a one mile strip, i also believe the car must start from a complete stop. in other words you start from 0 go for a mile, and 1 mile they take how fast you were going, and repeat, then take the average of the two, which came up to be 257.11mph

Last edited by VerdeZ28; 12-03-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:17 AM
***Repost Police***

I really doubt that a production car holds the record for standing one-mile. We need to get some clarification of what their testing procedures really are.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Launching!

You're an idiot. And in drag racing turbo lag is rarely an issue as you are always in boost. I like how you're calling a 1750-2000HP engine a piece of ****...
Old 12-03-2009, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There are plenty of ways to eliminate lag. Once you get into boost it doesn't even matter anymore. Alot of the big turbo small CID guys use a small shot of nitrous only in first gear to get the car quickly into boost. There are also antilag systems. Some people take advantage of the lag in order to get the car to hook.

You prove over and over again that you are ignorant.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Juicy J
There are plenty of ways to eliminate lag. Once you get into boost it doesn't even matter anymore. Alot of the big turbo small CID guys use a small shot of nitrous only in first gear to get the car quickly into boost. There are also antilag systems. Some people take advantage of the lag in order to get the car to hook.

You prove over and over again that you are ignorant.
Take one look at the engine in that picture and re-read what you just typed. You aren't eliminating any lag, that thing is a joke.

The only ignorant people are the ones who blindly support worthless motors such as the one pictured. There are much better, cheaper, and more reliable ways to make big power than strapping a 747 sized turbo on a tiny asian engine.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
You're an idiot. And in drag racing turbo lag is rarely an issue as you are always in boost. I like how you're calling a 1750-2000HP engine a piece of ****...
No, you are a ricer idiot trying to promote your shitbox engines on the LSX forum. How pathetic and insecure are you that you feel the need to come on here and promote your bullshit??
Old 12-03-2009, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

When are you guys gonna realize that you cannot win an argument with Wesisamanlover over here? I gave up trying a long time ago. Just doesn't shut up
Old 12-03-2009, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
When are you guys gonna realize that you cannot win an argument with Wesisamanlover over here? I gave up trying a long time ago. Just doesn't shut up
Works been a bit slow lately.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Wesman, here he is to save the day.

Blah blah blah, imports are junk, blah blah blah, you are stupid, blah blah blah, they have weak parts, blah blah blah.

There you go Wes I saved you a bunch of typing. Its the same **** you always say so if you want to copy and paste it you are more than welcome to.
Take one look at the engine in that picture and re-read what you just typed. You aren't eliminating any lag, that thing is a joke.

The only ignorant people are the ones who blindly support worthless motors such as the one pictured. There are much better, cheaper, and more reliable ways to make big power than strapping a 747 sized turbo on a tiny asian engine.
No, you are a ricer idiot trying to promote your shitbox engines on the LSX forum. How pathetic and insecure are you that you feel the need to come on here and promote your bullshit??
Yep I quoted myself, but read what I typed and then what Wesman typed. I was pretty damn close.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

By the way, the big turbo cars, probably worse with the little 4cyl, the power comes on so explosively that street tires are useless and DRs practically are unless into the triple digits or it's a prepped track.

Check out some in-car videos of the 200+ (especially 220-240mph) standing mile runs. The tire spin starts in the upper rpms and then a shift is required.

Originally Posted by VerdeZ28
this is off of guiness world record: "In order to be the worlds fastest production model car you have to meet all the safety and emissions standards that production models face, as well as run on fuel from the average pump."

now im not exactly sure if this is how its done but i read its tested as an average of going back and forth on a one mile strip, i also believe the car must start from a complete stop. in other words you start from 0 go for a mile, and 1 mile they take how fast you were going, and repeat, then take the average of the two, which came up to be 257.11mph
Top speed is never, ever measured in a standing mile.

Last edited by Deuuuce; 12-04-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

So I saw the cover of one of the import mags at the store the other day... had a Supra on it..... said killer sleeper or something............ Time was like a 7.91.......... just did a yahoo search and found it also... seems to be the new street car record.......................

Yeah.......... the LSX is king hahaha.

P.S. not as many big ball bearing turbo's out there as you think buddy....... the cost is huge after you go billet and all the options.

Oh and what is the record for an LS street car? Even one that just drives to cruise in's? And how many of them are out there? There are so many daily driven 8-9 sec Supra's out there that they are nearly a dime a dozen . How many high 8 second daily driver LS cars are out there..........

Im sure this will start a "thats not a street car" argument but I said even ones that are just weekend warrior's/cruise in cars....
Old 12-06-2009, 10:52 PM
***Repost Police***

So I saw the cover of one of the import mags at the store the other day... had a Supra on it..... said killer sleeper or something............ Time was like a 7.91.......... just did a yahoo search and found it also... seems to be the new street car record.......................

P.S. not as many big ball bearing turbo's out there as you think buddy....... the cost is huge after you go billet and all the options.

Oh and what is the record for an LS street car? Even one that just drives to cruise in's? And how many of them are out there? There are so many daily driven 8-9 sec Supra's out there that they are nearly a dime a dozen . How many high 8 second daily driver LS cars are out there..........

Im sure this will start a "thats not a street car" argument but I said even ones that are just weekend warrior's/cruise in cars....
Well you're obviously an un-American idiot ...

Old 12-07-2009, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Well you're obviously an un-American idiot ...

Coming from someone who own's a Honda......... I never never owned anything but GM .
Old 12-07-2009, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Daily driven 8 and 9 second supras??

LOL, keep buying into the bullshit.

Since you also seem to have a problem with simple physics, answer me this:

Which is going to make more power, given the same CFM of airflow per cylinder and the same boost pressure, with all other variables held constant:

A 3.0L 6 cylinder, or a 6.2L 8 cylinder??

The fact that you believed something you read in one of those retarded import mags also speaks volumes. Those retards will put anything on the cover to sell mags, even if the car blew up during the testing.

Quick Reply: Z28 Vs 370z