Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Ocean City, MD car cruise this May....I have a couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 12:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ocean City, MD car cruise this May....I have a couple questions

I was just looking at the thread for the car cruise in Ocean City, MD and I am very interested in going. I just have a few questions, I tried searching but didn't find what I am looking for. Well for one, what exactly does everyone do? I hear that thousands of cars go down, does everyone with a nice car just go down there for that weekend and its a big car guy weekend in OC or is there actually a specific show/cruise going on? What does everyone do there during the day/night? Its probably too cold out to swim, so what does everyone do the whole weekend (especially if your under 21) Does everyone cruise around OC at certains times or are there nice cars driving about the whole weekend? Please someone fill me in on this, I would like some info, and also where is the best location to get a hotel at? (im not talking best hotel, but a good location close to everything)

I think I may be there with my camm'd WS6
Old 01-29-2009, 01:33 AM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are there a lot of girls down there ?
Old 01-29-2009, 02:22 AM
Staging Lane

anyone that has a slight interest in cars should go its AMAZING... its like a giant meet, every parking lot looks like a car show, i believe there is a big car show somewhere... if you go you will NOT be disappointed, every time i go, i just can't believe how many cars show up for it.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:11 AM
On The Tree

ok for a quick rundown...

Spring OC is the largest show they have. There are car show lots (only open to 25+ year old cars. People are cruising at all times of the day/night. Lot of message boards/clubs/groups usually have a planned meet,or after the car shows are over,people gather up to hang out/shoot the ****,watch the cars go by etc.

Any hotel in OC works,all depends on what you want to spend,i tend to stay near the north end of town,some folks like to be right down near the inlet where its usually gridlock for hours.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:09 AM
11 Second Club

the "main" show is held at the Ocean city Convention center. but to be honest, no sense in paying to get in there when you can just see all those cars crusing the streets anyways. its like you take a trip back in time with all the classics running around, everywhere you turn you'll see something awsome. you have everything from the 1930's to modern muscle cruising around. from bone stock to prostreet with wheelie bars and a chute. if your a car enthusiast there's no possible way your gonna have a bad time.
as far as what to do...thats up to you. there's an amusement park near the beach that comes to mind. miniature golfing. or, you can do what everyone mostly ends up doing, cruising up and down the 6+mile strip. than there's Hooters, a car show all in its self. can just hang out there and walk around.
look for the LS1tech meet which usually happens friday nite and saturday afternoon.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:22 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TNTramair
the "main" show is held at the Ocean city Convention center. but to be honest, no sense in paying to get in there when you can just see all those cars crusing the streets anyways. its like you take a trip back in time with all the classics running around, everywhere you turn you'll see something awsome. you have everything from the 1930's to modern muscle cruising around. from bone stock to prostreet with wheelie bars and a chute. if your a car enthusiast there's no possible way your gonna have a bad time.
as far as what to do...thats up to you. there's an amusement park near the beach that comes to mind. miniature golfing. or, you can do what everyone mostly ends up doing, cruising up and down the 6+mile strip. than there's Hooters, a car show all in its self. can just hang out there and walk around.
look for the LS1tech meet which usually happens friday nite and saturday afternoon.
where you staying have any open room?

I don't want to get a room solo, unless I am with a girl
Old 01-29-2009, 07:47 AM
11 Second Club

me and a buddy usually split a room...we stay at the Sahara.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

For the hotels the best places to be are on the boardwalk because Friday and Saturday during the day the parking down there will be at a premium since the car show takes up the inlet parking lot. You can get all the info on the hotels by just doing an OC, MD hotel search. As the Spring Cruise weekend gets closer I'm sure meet spots will be figured out for Friday & Saturday. Last year it was 45th St on saturday and that was a real good time. As I said in the other thread is that it Ocean City Spring Cruise is definitely a car enthusiasts dream. If you're under 21 they have H20 which is an under 21 dance club and it is right off the boardwalk, min golf & etc., or you can also cruise Coastal Highway.

The one other thing about Ocean City on Spring Cruise weekend is that you'll burn a bit of time stuck in traffic especially down around the Inlet & on Baltimore Ave.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:35 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1 Bad *** Formula
If you're under 21 they have H20 which is an under 21 dance club and it is right off the boardwalk, min golf & etc., or you can also cruise Coastal Highway.

Ill just get the bottle and drink monster energy drinks lol

Monsta with a kick!
Old 01-29-2009, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

In addition to the main car show, many places have their own little car shows with trophies. Hooter's generally has a realy nice turnout.

The best part is sitting in the parking lots and just watching everyone cruise. The Wawa is always a cool place to sit as you see lots of cool machinery getting gas.

The convention center parking lot is a great place to sit on Thursday and Friday as many cars head there to register for the big show.

The main show is all the way at the end of the island in the inlet parking lot. Parking down that way can be a pain. Riding the bus is a great way to get around.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:12 PM
12 Second Club

Sounds like an amazing time, I think I will deff. be there with my T/A. I'll deff. keep my eyes open for the LS1Tech meet, I love going to events like this.

Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it!
Old 01-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Staging Lane

this is what i do...
wash my car, look at other cars, drive my car around, eat something if theres alil down time, watch some more cars, talk to everyone u only see once a year because everyone only gathers like this once a year, check out the boardwalk car parade, check out the convention center, cruise, cruise, take pictures, more cruisin, lots of little side meets/car shows going on and oh yea....BURNOUTS everywhere ummm what else...
it usually rains every year so u gotta kinda just go with the flow, u dont go to OCMD to swim u go for the CARS!!!!!!! oh im so excited.....
Old 01-29-2009, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1BlackBeauty98
this is what i do...
wash my car, look at other cars, drive my car around, eat something if theres alil down time, watch some more cars, talk to everyone u only see once a year because everyone only gathers like this once a year, check out the boardwalk car parade, check out the convention center, cruise, cruise, take pictures, more cruisin, lots of little side meets/car shows going on and oh yea....BURNOUTS everywhere ummm what else...
it usually rains every year so u gotta kinda just go with the flow, u dont go to OCMD to swim u go for the CARS!!!!!!! oh im so excited.....
me too!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:38 PM
12 Second Club

Man I can't wait to go!!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 09:48 AM
On The Tree

Its's usually gets nuts down there, which is awesome!! You will see some high dollar cars everywhere!! I remember seeing a chevelle using a transbrake and pulling both front tires off the ground right on the street! Another time a guy sat there and burned his tires for what seemed like forever, till they popped....There was so much smoke the firedept showed up, it was ridiculously awesome!! I have many more stories...
Old 01-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Launching!

everyone that goes will go home telling stories. i remember when the pizza man was racing people in his little honda, scooters doing burnouts, and a beretta funny car on coastal highway doing a burnout, its a blast you have to go to see for yourself, we usually hang out at belly busters on 45th(i think), and hooters is always packed and is one of my favorite things to do down there i've never even been to the convention center

Last edited by Chrisd000111; 01-30-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Chrisd000111
everyone that goes will go home telling story i remember when the pizza man was racing people in his little honda, scooters doing burnouts, and a beretta funny car on coastal highway lightin them up, its a blast you have to go to see for yourself, we usually hang out at belly busters on 45th(i think)
Thats where i've been hanging out past couple of years. Its such a blast just sitting by the side of the road watching cars go by all day long, lol
Old 01-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ericbigmac83
Thats where i've been hanging out past couple of years. Its such a blast just sitting by the side of the road watching cars go by all day long, lol
yea its just a small place but their food is great and alot of stuff happens right their at that light, but it sucks when the busses pull right in front. what does your car look like ill have to look for you or ive probably seen you there already
Old 01-30-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

yea and if you want to stay the weekend because most of the hotels are already booked!! I have ten rooms reserved if anyone needs to buy one off me let me know!!
Old 01-30-2009, 04:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Chrisd000111
yea its just a small place but their food is great and alot of stuff happens right their at that light, but it sucks when the busses pull right in front. what does your car look like ill have to look for you or ive probably seen you there already
check the link in my sig. unique and loud

Quick Reply: Ocean City, MD car cruise this May....I have a couple questions