Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Wtf is wrong with county Police in Glen Burnie Md or was it me?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 06:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wtf is wrong with county Police in Glen Burnie Md or was it me?

As most members from Tx know (where I live) I drive trucks for a living. So I was in Glen Burnie Md Wednesday early afternoon with a partial load on my way home to Tx. I bought an Ls1 Formula roller from a member in GB, Maryland and it made sense to me to just stick it in my trailer (53ft dry van) and bring it with me. Being it was after 6 pm the performance shop employees were just leaving and the wrecker service next door to them had just left. (They were going to use a roll back to pick it up and push it in my trailer). I figure what the hell, I'm way ahead of schedule and will just chill overnight in my truck. Around 9:45 pm I get a bit hungry and decide to jog up the road to grab a salad from Subway, boy was that a mistake lol. I guess I was about a mile up the road and cross the street in front of Papa John's pizza pull my sweater off (it was humid and had just stopped raining) and attempt to continue on my endeavor until a County police pulls up to me and asks if I'm lost or in need of assistance. I politely say no I'm good just looking for a bite to eat blah blah blah. For whatever reason now I'm "acting and looking suspicious" and he advises me there have been a rash of robbery's and burglaries in this area and I "fit the discription". Still polite I tell him I'm an owner operator truck driver from Texas and my truck is up the street idiling and there is no need for me at my salary to rob a pizza joint for 100 or 200 bux. He obviously did not believe a word I was saying and directed me in front of his cruiser. I complied 100%, He asked if I had anything illegal on me, I told him not only was it illegal for me to operate a semi with anything on me but i also used to work for department of corrections in Alameda county in California (still had my employee id in my wallet) this guy was not listening to a word I was saying and had me place my hands on top of my head while he patted me down and took extra measures fondeling my gentiles. I straight up asked him what the hell was he molesting for and just what is he trying to find? At that point he cuffs me b/c I'm not cooperating. I ask if what am I being charged with, he tells me did I say you're under arrest? I tell him then to get these damn cuffs off of me or chage me and take me to jail. Thank God back up arrives for 150lb me who's not aggressive or guilty of nothing more than wanting a snack. He tells back up I'm not cooperating and I just say to the other officer I drive trucks and am just jogging looking for the Subway so I can grab a bite and watch a movie (in my truck). The rude officer grabs my wallet out my pocket and asks where's my id? It was like right in front but again I didn't say anything and he did find it along with my d.o.c id as well and he runs me for warrants etc. Being I never been in trouble I was not worried and was uncuffed, he asks where my truck was? I tell him up the street a mile or so back why? He then says well there were a million places you could have stopped and ate. I asked if it was illegal to want something healthy that was further away. Long story short it was very humiliating ,embarassing, and degrateful and I still feel nothing short of harassed. I obviously lost my appetite and just went back to my truck and called it a night. On a more good note I did safetly get home early yesterday afternoon nad the car is in my garage with a beautiful Ls2 and t-56 next to it. Did anybody in the md area experience anything similar? I will be filing a formal complaint against that particular officer. I am bi racial (mostly black) and am not pulling out the black thing but I NEVER have been hassled by police or really ever experienced racism and don't know if this falls under that category or what. Sory for the rant feel free to comment.

-Mario
Old 07-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy block writing Batman!

Fix it up!

On a side note I did manage to read it and unfortunately the officer has a right to ask and based on your answers, decide what to do with you.

I think it sucks but this is how law enforcement works. Ultimately in a court of law it can be proven either way so its def a he said vs he said situation.

In my own town my brother didnt stop immediately when a cop rolled up behind his car and my bro pulled into the drive way and there was a big scene and that cop def mouthed off and threatened to kick the crap out of him any time, especially off duty. Later that year I heard he had transfered.

Not all cops are created equal, sounds like you got a bad one. On a side note you got a nice roller and it is time to button the car up.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Launching!

lol on the block writing, Ya I'm thinking I just got "the lucky one" officer. I do have a few plans on the roller tho, hopefully by mid summer it'll be finished.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

reading all that i cant help to think there was a bit of racial prophiling goin on there. the cop was just hard up to catch the thief thats been "robbing pizza joints" and was pressing on you a little.
could;ve been much worse but it sucks none the less. glad you made it out ok considering what might've happened.
goodluck with the new roller.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:42 PM
11 Second Club

Sounds like he grabbed you for two things......first you were black and second you were running. So around here you must be guilty of something.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by edmanet
Sounds like he grabbed you for two things......first you were black and second you were running. So around here you must be guilty of something.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like some bullshit to me.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Staging Lane

I'm only about 25 min from Glen Burnie, but pretty much all police have to do in MD is harass people.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

WTF is "degrateful"

Is that like an emena or something ?
Old 07-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nasty350LT1
WTF is "degrateful"

Is that like an emena or something ?
Old 07-03-2009, 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

if you think that is bad, my wife and i get pulled over by an officer in surry, county, VA. he walks up and asks if we yelled something out the window at his fellow officer who had someone else pulled over. my wife and i looked at each other like, DO WHAT? and we are white!
Old 07-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Launching!

I think the officer was gay and just used his badge to "legally" touch your privates....................
Old 07-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Launching!

Ya it was def not a fun evening for me, as stated earlier. I am not pulling the "black card out" but want to know if its just like that over all or what. On another note, I was typing rather fst and being I'm college educated I know it's degradeful btw,but I was not really paying much attention to puncuation etc. And yes the way this ********** was grabbing and feeling my nuts was just uncalled for and needless to say not very comforting, Hell he didn't even offer to buy me a steak dinner or smoke after all that fondeling lol.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:52 AM
TECH Addict

That sucks but I doubt there's a thing you can do about it. he really didn't do anything wrong, or anything wrong that can be proven. Let it go. It's too hard to bring charges against a cop for something piddly like this.

Story for you:
One night a Metro Boston cop threw his large flashlight through my back window. He said it happened by accident...he was about 20 feet away from my car and said it slipped out of his hand.

I had just driven by him and made an illegal left turn, I thought the ****** had waved me on in that direction to avoid an accident ahead.

He offered to let me drive away, and that glass repair is free through my insurance lol, but I said no way and what happened needed to be documented. So I waited. When he emerged from his cruiser he had a nice ticket for me with a bunch of trumped up moving violations. Driving to endanger, speeding (he never saw me exceed 10 mph no joke), failure to obey, illegal left turn etc.

I tried to report the flashlight incident but got the run around. After many phone calls and visits to the police station, I gave up. I even made an appointment to meet with the shift supervisor, but go figure, every time I showed up at the station the supervisor was out on the street.

When I went to court for the ticket, the cop told a big ******* lie to the magistrate about the violations. Then the cop ended his sermon with, "but I am dropping all the charges. I went ballistic in the courtroom and almost got arrested, they didn't wanna hear my side of the story.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

YOU WERE GUILTY MARIO!!!!! Guilty of j.w.b..........................jogging while black.........
Old 07-04-2009, 11:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Must just be MD cops... I got pulled over, for having a burned out license plate light one night coming home from an IHRA event at MIR. Cop had me and a friend get out of the car, because we were "acting suspicious", as I got out I started to walk toward the back of the car to see this burned out license plate light. Ended up getting cuffed, and told to sit on the front of my car while my car was searched. Got home and the burned out plate light magically fixed itself.

all that and Im a cracka... just an out of state cracka
Old 07-04-2009, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

damn man thats fucked up did that happen right when I left the shop? The police in our area are for the most part ********, especially glen burnie. I usually avoid the area as much as possible after dark, because I'd probablt be harrassed for my car. If I would have still been there I would have given you a ride down to subway.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02BLKWS6MD
damn man thats fucked up did that happen right when I left the shop? The police in our area are for the most part ********, especially glen burnie. I usually avoid the area as much as possible after dark, because I'd probablt be harrassed for my car. If I would have still been there I would have given you a ride down to subway.
It's all good, I really wanted to jog thats why I left the truck there. Most officers are usually pretty good at identifying "thugs and trouble makers" from regular people. I'm glad to see though it's not a race thing (from what I have been reading here). It did feel a bit awkward to be considered a "suspect" tho lol. I did have a blast tho chatting with Jeff and everybody at the shop so all and all it was not a horrid experience.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MY06TBSS
YOU WERE GUILTY MARIO!!!!! Guilty of j.w.b..........................jogging while black.........

Lol, What the Heck are you doing on this side of the web world anyway??? Hopefully I'll make the next run we have in Tx if I can afford some home time.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah theres definetly been more then one case of being a suspect in glen burnie for something I knew nothing about. My buddy got locked up for having facial piercings because the person that robbed the Kmart in glen burnie had facial piercings. They happen to be some of the worst cops I've seen in glen burnie, nobody takes them seriously anymore though. Hopefully I'll see you back around Jeffs shop soon man. Keep me updated on that fireturd.