Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Grudge Racing @ Maple Grove 9/4/09

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grudge Racing @ Maple Grove 9/4/09

Thinking about going, it's a fri. night, anyone else going?
Old 09-03-2009, 06:50 AM
12 Second Club

i want to go but im leaving to head down to my buddys beach house for the weekend
Old 09-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Launching!

I'm planning on it. Think I got my 2nd to 3rd shift problem figured out. Who knew clutch fluid was supposed to be clear instead of black?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MiniTransAm
I'm planning on it. Think I got my 2nd to 3rd shift problem figured out. Who knew clutch fluid was supposed to be clear instead of black?
See ya there man.....bring some brake fluid and a small baby sucker with you to change your brake fluid out every run, keeps it cool!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DiabloFormula
See ya there man.....bring some brake fluid and a small baby sucker with you to change your brake fluid out every run, keeps it cool!!!
Yup got my little kit all ready to go! Will probably change it out more today and tomorrow as I drive it.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

Ill be there in my red ss I hope I dont blow the ten bolt though.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Launching!

Just found out my sister in-laws brother is going to be there with his 383 stroker nova. I'm getting excited!
Old 09-04-2009, 02:46 PM
12 Second Club

damn it every time i dont go alot of people go
Old 09-04-2009, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

i would like to go, but i dont have a helmet...
Old 09-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JPCrazyLegs
i would like to go, but i dont have a helmet...
Unless your running really fast, any Snell M2005 or up helmet will work. I picked mine up at B&B yamaha off route 283.

Tonight was a good and bad night. I got a new best of 13.834 @ 104.81 MPH. I think I can maybe squeek 2 tenths more out of it. Just need more seat time. I'm happy I'm in the 13's. I knew the car could do it, the driver just had to figure out how to driver her

The bad was that ALOT of people broke tonight. I was in the staging lanes by 6:30 and waited until 8:17 to make my first run. Kinda crappy. I only got 2 runs in. I don't know all the details but apparently the staging lane staff wasn't being fair about what lanes were going and what not. I heard rumblings of preference being given to the "hot" cars and bike lane. We met up with a couple other people there and the dad of one of the guys was apparently really giving a guy from Maple hell. I know Ande (DiabloForumla) was not happy either. At least they ran past 10 and made sure everyone got at least two runs in.

I still like Maple better as a facility than cecil. Just make sure you get there when the gates open and be prepared to wait if and when someone breaks something. Seemed like every other one something blew up.

Oh and to the guy in the green Supra,

STAY BY YOUR ******* CAR IF YOUR IN THE STAGING LANES!!!!
Old 09-04-2009, 10:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless your running really fast, any Snell M2005 or up helmet will work. I picked mine up at B&B yamaha off route 283.

Tonight was a good and bad night. I got a new best of 13.834 @ 104.81 MPH. I think I can maybe squeek 2 tenths more out of it. Just need more seat time. I'm happy I'm in the 13's. I knew the car could do it, the driver just had to figure out how to driver her

The bad was that ALOT of people broke tonight. I was in the staging lanes by 6:30 and waited until 8:17 to make my first run. Kinda crappy. I only got 2 runs in. I don't know all the details but apparently the staging lane staff wasn't being fair about what lanes were going and what not. I heard rumblings of preference being given to the "hot" cars and bike lane. We met up with a couple other people there and the dad of one of the guys was apparently really giving a guy from Maple hell. I know Ande (DiabloForumla) was not happy either. At least they ran past 10 and made sure everyone got at least two runs in.

I still like Maple better as a facility than cecil. Just make sure you get there when the gates open and be prepared to wait if and when someone breaks something. Seemed like every other one something blew up.

Oh and to the guy in the green Supra,

That is exactly why I don't go to Maple. It is like that EVERY time I have gone. Hell one time I was there for 4 hours and made 1 pass. I had to leave because I never would have made a 2nd pass before I had to go.

Maple is a nice facility and is closer to me than Cecil but I would rather go to Cecil any day over Maple Grove
Old 09-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Launching!

Yeah I don't see what the problem is. It's not a Test 'n tune night. It's grudge racing! No preference should be given to one lane or type of vehcile. Regardless if it's a riced out Honda running 19's or a dragster going 7's. Once racing starts at 5, you start pulling cars from lanes 1+2 and just keep moving up to lane 8. Then start over. I completely understand delays from people breaking, but jumping around from lane to lane makes no sense. It seems to be the only fair way to do it. I know they have a guy sitting in the back of the lanes. Why can't he just radio and say,

"Hey Bubba!!! Last pair to go is the Pewter and Black Firebirds!"

That way, when Billy Bob see's those last 2 cars come through, he shuts that lane off and moves over to lanes 3+4.

I honestly would be happy with 4 runs a night. Maybe they should change the run cards to that. That way, people that get there early can get their runs in if they want and those that can't show up till later still get a good shot at getting their 4 in.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:09 PM
11 Second Club

I'm assuming you were the guy ahead of us - we were in the white TA.

**** that guy, **** maple grove, **** the guy running the lanes.

nice facility but thats about it...no one at the gate could answer whether someone was selling nitrous, the guy in the lanes was worthless as ****, the tech line was the slowest line ever (never got a lane # on windshield like everyone else), 3 passes in over 5 hrs is retarded. slow clean up, everyone broke.

i highly doubt ill be back...cecil and MIR are LENGTHS ahead of maple grove...i mean they couldnt even run the lanes correct.....not to mention they straight up told us they didnt prep the track

plus the track guy got tired of oneslowzo bitching....LOL

very disappointing
Old 09-04-2009, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

Yea that was pretty much the worst night I have seen at Maple Grove. I got into the staging lanes at 6 and didnt run until 10:00. I got stuck in lane 4 and they kept letting lane 5 go. I was right by you mini transam in the red ss and I saw the guy with the Supra lol. Even then I was stuck there with no passes while they let lane 5 go again. When I finally did run he did tell me to come right back around that I was getting a second run right away. It was worth it for me though I went 11.6 at 116 with a 1.59 60ft. thanks to my new Yank
pt4000 that was with konis and 16 inch mt drag radials. I got some video also im going to post when I get the chance. Thanks, Joe
Old 09-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Launching!

NOTFAST - I really wanted to see your car run. The people I was with said it was pretty nasty though :-)

gapp99Vert - You should have said Hi!! I don't bite!! Unless your into that kind of thing.

I did find it weird that lane 5 (me) got another run in before lanes 1-4 even got to go. I wasn't sure if they had a 2 runs already or what the deal was. Very disorganized tonight. I may write a polite email suggesting what I posted here and see what they say.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Banned

I don't even want to talk about tonight................
Old 09-05-2009, 12:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DiabloFormula
I don't even want to talk about tonight................
LOL, I know your fired up man. I was worried they would shut the racing down right at 10 and you'd get screwed with only 1 run
Old 09-05-2009, 07:20 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

This is why I like private track rentals or dedicated race days...
Old 09-05-2009, 07:44 AM
11 Second Club

NOTFAST - I really wanted to see your car run. The people I was with said it was pretty nasty though :-)

gapp99Vert - You should have said Hi!! I don't bite!! Unless your into that kind of thing.

I did find it weird that lane 5 (me) got another run in before lanes 1-4 even got to go. I wasn't sure if they had a 2 runs already or what the deal was. Very disorganized tonight. I may write a polite email suggesting what I posted here and see what they say.
not my car...its ONESLOWZO's trans am...I just help with it a little
Old 09-05-2009, 07:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mikey
This is why I like private track rentals or dedicated race days...
Agreed Mike. But there's no reason a grudge night should not run smoothly. I mean is it that hard to start in lane 1 and work your way over to lane 8 then start over? I know they have no control over cars blowing up. I think I'll write that email today and see what they say about it.