Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Worst f*ckin' day of football EVER!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 09:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Worst f*ckin' day of football EVER!

First the Jets lose, ok that sucks but hey, they were playin' the Colts. They played hard and just got beat by a better team, I can accept that.

This freakin' Viking/Saints game-where do I start.
Fumbles all over the place. Favre with a HORRIBLE descision at the close of regulation.
The Ref's, I friggin' hate that officiating crew, they are the WORST.
They just basically GAVE the game to the Saints in OT. Phantom pass interference-pass was totally uncatchable. And the last Brees completion before the winning field goal HIT THE ******* GROUND. That crew reviewed it AND THE CALL STOOD????????????
The ******* ball hit the ground-WTF???????
And the 4 and 1 in OT-running back gets hit LOSES POSSESSION of the ball and regains it BEHIND the 1st down marker in the air and falls behind the 1st down marker. Refs call a 1st, they review it and the CALL STANDS?????????????? WTF!!!!!!!??????????

With all the turnovers and the refs the Vikes never had a chance, lousy friggin' game-THE WORST!!

rant over.......

Last edited by tektrans; 01-24-2010 at 09:41 PM. Reason: add
Old 01-24-2010, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tektrans
First the Jets lose, ok that sucks but hey, they were playin' the Colts. They played hard and just got beat by a better team, I can accept that.

Fumbles all over the place. Favre with a HORRIBLE descision at the close of regulation.
They just basically GAVE the game to the Saints in OT. Phantom pass interference-pass was totally uncatchable. And the last Brees completion before the winning field goal HIT THE ******* GROUND. That crew reviewed it AND THE CALL STOOD????????????
And the 4 and 1 in OT-running back gets hit LOSES POSSESSION of the ball and regains it BEHIND the 1st down marker in the air and falls behind the 1st down marker. Refs call a 1st, they review it and the CALL STANDS?????????????? WTF!!!!!!!??????????

With all the turnovers and the refs the Vikes never had a chance, lousy friggin' game-THE WORST!!

rant over.......
I could't haven't said it better myself that was the worst. That ball hit the f*&king ground an the call stands WTF . I give props to Farve for coming back in an not bitching out .
Old 01-25-2010, 03:58 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm going to say, that after watching that, it reminded me GREATLY of the Pittsburg game this season... Vikings were losing that game, ref's made that decision at half time, and the 2nd half they just screwed them over and over.

Same thign happened last night in OT IMO.

The fubles, I dunno what the hell that was all about, they haven't had that problem all season, then last night noone could hold onto the friggin ball the whole game..... like they greased the damn ball up or something I have no idea.

I watched the jets/chargers game and said that with the 3 missed kicks, something they haven't done all year, that the game might have been fixed. Last night with the ref's and what they did in OT... I'm going to say it. That game WAS fixed.

Sucks because I want to see the colts lose regardless to whoever won last night... but at this point I can't even bring myself to care enough to watch it. Disgusting.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:41 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like in my other post. It def was dramatic.

On Paper the Vikes DOMINATED. But the Paper does not show Farve getting abused and the refs NOT CALLING IT. Then couple with the fact that I would say 8 or 9 out of 10 MAJOR ref calls, that went the Saint's way.

As for Brett's last INT. All I will say is what I heard on ESPN which MAKES SENSE. That great quarterbacks will have INTs due to the fact they are trying to make clutch plays, that are game changers. The careless penalty for 12 players on the field was a stupid mistake for sure. With Brett CLEARLY banged up, low blow to the legs, he was not expect to take the ball and run.

Brett just wanted a better position for the Kicker, plain and simple.

The vikes though reminded me of themselves back in the 90's, giving up LARGE Yardage plays, and that what I think above else was the game changer as they did NOT get to Brees really at all and the one to two times they did, you noticed a change.

As for the greased ball,.... I would not doubt it.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tektrans

rant over.......
The Jets loss killed me too. I'll give you that the officiating in the Saints-Vikings game was bad. But I believe the last catch of the game was a completion. Then again I like the Saints lol
Old 01-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Race your car!

There was a little too much grass/dirt on that ball for me to call it a completion.... when there's GRASS stuck on the ball that you can see in the replay... that pretty much rules it out IMO.

Had farve just ran at the end of the 4th qtr the 5 or 8 yards he needed to so they'd be in field goal range, it never would have happened. Why he just didn't suck it up and make a dash, I'll never understand. Guy did great all season, but that bone head play is how I'll remember the season. Great QB, but certainly finds a bone head play to make every now and again. That, cost them the game.

Honestly, with all the drops they had all game long, it was a miracle that the game was even tied at the end. Had that not been happening all game, it wouldn't even have been a game. Look @ the yardage #'s.... that's WAY too lopsided.

I smell a payoff/fix in this game. This, the jets/chargers game, and about a 1/2 dozen others this season.

NFL needs to start looking at ref's bank records, and start doing some investigating on some players, see just how many games really are fixed. I think, the results are going to be disturbing, should it ever really come out. More $ is bet on football games then any other sport, that alone tells me there's corruption somewhere.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:36 AM
9 Second Club

I think as fans we are sort of entitled an explanation whe calls are reviewed.
Ed Hochuly (did I spell that right?) with his crew ALWAYS give an explanation of why a call is made EVERY time it's reviewed/challenged etc. Sometimes you think a call is BS and he explains it and you're like "oh okay" "I can see that" and you don't feel like your team has been shafted of cheated or anything like that.
THIS LOUSY crew doesn't explain ****. 3 calls in OT that I and other people think were HORRIBLE calls with not a one explanation--it's just bullshit.
Hey listen, congrats to the Saints, I have no issue whatsoever that they are going to the SB, I am just disgusted being a fan of the game how the officials had such a direct impact on this game.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:07 AM
Race your car!

Saints winning I have no problem with. Minnesota played a sloppy game, Farve made a HUGE mistake at the end of the 4th quarter, if that's what cost them the game so be it, had neither of those been an issue they would haev won strait out period.

But, that's not exactly what happened. The calls during OT, that were so damn bad a guy with one eye in a wheelchair from the sideline could have called it better... that's my issue. That type of BS, that's the kind of stuff that someone probably made a HHHUUUUGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE amount of $ on, the game going into OT and the saints winning the way they did.

That's why I'm calling BS and a fix. Not becasue I think one of the players was bought in this case, it was by some really shitty officials making seriously bad calls. Now other games this season, I think there's some players that were getting more then their salary for the games, to say the least.

Honestly, with the way the vikings were able to put yards on the chart, I think they'd stand a way better chance of crushing the colts off the field. Saints will probably still win which I think is great, but the vikings would have had an easy time of doing it.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Tek and JL. One last play, as Bone headed as it may be does not make a whole game and the slight towards the Saints smells fix, plain and simple. The "good feeling" was more important then a Superhero comeback. There is DEF $$$ behind that sort of situation.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

I like the colts. They played great no denying that

the vikings should have taken it. If you can turn the ball over 5times and still take it to OT is saying something. Oh well. Colts gonna win anyway
Old 01-25-2010, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea last night pissed me off idk how you get that far and be so careless with the ball. and the calls at the end were terrible but at that point i was so mad i didnt even get mad at them
Old 01-25-2010, 01:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can remember 1 play in both games that stand out to me and make me think like "wow...what a b.s call or non call".

Jets game...in the second half where Sanchez handed off the ball to jones and than proceeded to get hit like 10 seconds later....no call was made for roughing the passer which should've clearly been called. instead...Jets end up going another 3 or 4 plays and proceeded to kick the ball away...takin away some of their momentum.

Vikes game...the phanton Pass interferance call that was made. i can see why the call was made in real time...it does look like the receiver was getting hit. clearly in the replay you can see that that wasnt the case and he was just diving for the ball. none the less....all that shouldnt even matter cause the ball was essentially un catchable therefore negating any penalty. total missed call by the refs on that one. however...the Vikes gave away that game with Favre's interception with under 30 seconds to go...they could've just tried the 52 yarder or if he wouldve just tucked it and ran for about 5-8 yards the field goal wouldve been easier. they deserved to lose because that game shouldnt have even gone to over time.

its no secret that the entire officiating crew in the NFL has been ridiculed constantly for bad calls this year and something needs to be addressed. i understand missing a few calls here and there...they're human and cant see everything but when it costs a team their season than "oops, my bad" just doesnt cut it.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:46 PM
TECH Resident

you know your football sir! i agree with every single thing you said in the 1st post. especially about the uncatchable ball and the 4&1 situation and the catch that rolled the ball on the ground. brett farve should of pulled an elway an got the extra 10 to kick a mid 40's fg.

on a side not, i understand you want to rough the qb here an there to throw him off but the saints played dirty. i lost all respect for the saints. if you get a chance to watch the replays you can say they were trying to hurt the man. always respect a players health as i am a long time football player and hopefull will be trying out for semi pro at 26(little old).

edit: vikings were built to beat the colts. the saints don't have much of a chance with the colts pass rush. saints left tackle i gonna get demolished (forgot his name). same thing happened when osi/strahan played the patriots. im so glad LT matt light sat out this year.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Launching!

It's bad enough when they miss the call.....then go to review it and still can't admit they blew it. The receiver would have to be 10 ft tall to catch the pass in the flat for the Saints. Then it makes it worse.... when they go to the booth...and the announcer doesn't have the ***** to say the ref blew the call.

Hopefully the Super Bowl will be competitive....it's usually a flop. Maybe the refs can make close this year!
Old 01-26-2010, 05:33 AM
Race your car!

All depends if the ref's are getting a cut from Vegas ir not. If they are, then you can count on that game just beating the point spread and being really close.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Teching In

IM glad the jets lost I cant freaking stand that fatass rex ryan

I just hope the NFL doesn't gift wrap the superbowl for the saints because they want a feel good story, the calls were blantantly horrible in the Vikings game.

I was pulling for Farve, why because even at his age he plays the game with more courage than alot of these crybabys like Tom Brady. If someone touches his jersey he doesnt cry to refs for a flag. He takes it like a man, and you need to practically knock him unconscious to get him out of the game. He's played the position with more grit than anyone easily in the past 30 years.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:21 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rodimus_Prime
IM glad the jets lost I cant freaking stand that fatass rex ryan

I just hope the NFL doesn't gift wrap the superbowl for the saints because they want a feel good story, the calls were blantantly horrible in the Vikings game.

I was pulling for Farve, why because even at his age he plays the game with more courage than alot of these crybabys like Tom Brady. If someone touches his jersey he doesnt cry to refs for a flag. He takes it like a man, and you need to practically knock him unconscious to get him out of the game. He's played the position with more grit than anyone easily in the past 30 years.
well said!
Old 01-26-2010, 03:21 PM
9 Second Club

except the part about the Jets!
Old 01-26-2010, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

im glad the vikings lost. the NFL would of kissed farve's *** and handed him the championship like they did with jerome bettis and his last year with the steelers. but now we have to put with farve and his decision to retire or not for another offseason
Old 01-26-2010, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I was rooting for the Colts, and I was rooting for the Vikings..... Peyton and Farve are two of my favorite players...

I missed the colts game but watched the Vikings play, and I agree with most everyone on here.

That game was bullshit, bullshit calls all throughout the game, It got to a point where I expected a penatlie on the Vikings every single play. And lets not even get into the number of personal fouls, JUST on the QB let alone everyone else.