Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 05:42 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Starting my cut cycle...CKD and more HIIT

CKD DIET STARTING ON MAY 7th
NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART BUT IT BURNS FAT LIKE A ****

I BELIEVE (MAY 3RD) I WILL BE UNDER 245LBS..
I ONLY WEIGH MYSELF ONCE A WEEK.

THE CKD WILL SHRED SOME SERIOUS WEIGHT (MOSTLY FAT)
I WILL DO IT FOR 8 WEEKS

GONNA TAKE A BEFORE AND AFTER PIC TOO

WEIGHT TRAINING, HIIT CARDIO & EATING CLEAN
YEP...YEP WOO...WOO
Old 04-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did a lighter version of the CKD for 4 weeks last year. want to try it for a full 8 weeks since my 4 week period had good results. shoot me a PM of your diet plan and workout plan, ide like to get something in order for me.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:37 PM
12 Second Club

every try the ECA stack ? I got pretty cut off it last summer.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:25 PM
JS
10 Second Club

I hope to be in the 220's once I finish this diet but more importantly it will shred faaaaaaaaaaaaaaat....The supplements I will be taking on top of the CKD Diet are RECREATE, CLA, FISH OIL, GREEN TEA EXTRACT, GLUTALYNN and LIVER/KIDNEY CLEANSE...

CKD for me is 2400 Calories 6 days
250G PROTIEN
135G FAT
30G CARBS

Then on the 7th day I will carb load at 2400 Calories
350G PROTIEN
200G CARBS
20G FAT

I used a spread sheet,its all mapped out but its still 6 meals a day
Presently I am doing 4 to 5 including Protien Shake (DYMATIZE) so I think I'm up for the challenge, My brain isnt gonna like 30G of carbs a day for 6 days for 8 weeks but I WILL GET IT DONE
Old 04-29-2011, 06:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very impressed JS, keep us posted, seeing this work for someone i know is motivating, and has gotten me to start going to the gym 3 days a week with a trainer...

keep it up
Old 04-29-2011, 08:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by brians91formula
every try the eca stack ? I got pretty cut off it last summer.
this!
Old 04-29-2011, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JS
I hope to be in the 220's once I finish this diet but more importantly it will shred faaaaaaaaaaaaaaat....The supplements I will be taking on top of the CKD Diet are RECREATE, CLA, FISH OIL, GREEN TEA EXTRACT, GLUTALYNN and LIVER/KIDNEY CLEANSE...

CKD for me is 2400 Calories 6 days
250G PROTIEN
135G FAT
30G CARBS

Then on the 7th day I will carb load at 2400 Calories
350G PROTIEN
200G CARBS
20G FAT

I used a spread sheet,its all mapped out but its still 6 meals a day
Presently I am doing 4 to 5 including Protien Shake (DYMATIZE) so I think I'm up for the challenge, My brain isnt gonna like 30G of carbs a day for 6 days for 8 weeks but I WILL GET IT DONE
Joel,

I know you have some leg issues but are you able to do any sort of deadlifts or squats?
Old 05-01-2011, 11:51 AM
JS
10 Second Club

No squats ken, only leg press, seated ext and hammys, I finish up with calfs..

Squats and deadlifts are out for my leg (TOO MUCH ON THE KNEE/AKLE) but I have a 400lb leg press for 7 on my last set...Getting 135lbs on ext for 8 now on my last set too...Its comming pal, I believe I COULD do hacks and will start doing them after the summer....I wanna keep building up my legs (LEGS ARE KEY TO BUILDING OVER BODY MUSCLE).

Hell I am running now and that in itself is a miracle..
Old 05-01-2011, 06:34 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds like a good plan to get ripped for the summer! I have been working on getting into single digit bodyfat doing fasted cardio/weight training and a paleo diet, looks like this:

Moday - Pushing exercises:
3x incline bench (5-8 reps max per set)
3x flat bench (5-8 reps max per set)
2x tricep pull downs using cables (5-8 reps max per set)
2x overhead dumbell tricep extensions (5-8 reps max per set)
3x weighted dips (5-8 reps max per set)

Tuesday - Recovery/Cardio (this consists of uphill walking for 40 mins at a fast pace, or swimming, or basketball as I still play in a few leagues)

Wednesday - Legs
4x squats (5-8 reps max per set)
3x straight leg dead lifts (5-8 reps max per set)
2x machine quad extensions (5-8 reps max)
2x hamstring curls (5-8 reps max)
3x hanging knee raises (only ab exercises I do)

Thursday - Recover/Cardio (same as Tuesday)

Friday - Pulling Exercises
4x weighted pullups (5-8 reps max per set)
3x seated rows (5-8 reps max per set)
3x curling bar curls (5-8 reps max)
3x machine curls (5-8 reps max)

Saturday - Recovery/Cardio (same as Tuesdays)

Sunday - Rest

Nutrition:

On Weight training days I get:

2500 calories
350g protein
150 grams carbs
60 grams fat

On Recovery/Cardio days:

2350 calories
350 grams protein
80 grams carbs
40 grams fat

In addition I utilize fasted cardio/weight training which consists of getting all of your calories in an 8 hour window and fasting 16 hours, looks like this (can alter to your schedule but this is mine):

8 hours feeding - 1pm-9pm
16 hours fasting - 9pm-1pm

at Noontime I will head to the gym at my office and do one of the workouts above on an empty stomach. As soon as I am done (approx 1 hour to do the training above) I will then get back to my office around 1pmish and eat approx 40%-50% of my calories immediately after working out, which includes a majority of the carbs I am supposed to have for the day. I will then taper my calories down until 9pm when my fasting period begins. If I am playing basketball at night or my work schedule forces me to train in the evening I will have small meals (most optimum nutrion whey protein shakes which contain BCAA's). I will then ramp up my calories until I get home when I will then work out and immediately after I will have 40%-50% of my calories (pretty much the remaining calories I have for the day), with most of my carbs coming in this meal.

The training has worked well for me. Right now I am 6'8" 240 Pounds and about 10.9% body fat. Only thing keeping me from single digits is the god damn booze haha. Diet works well though, just need to get used to the fasted training but once you are used to it if you hit yourself with a black coffee beforehand (I get an iced dunkin dark roast black with 3 splenda) you feel like you are on rocket fuel and I been steadily gaining strength wise even though im working out on an empty stomach. If you cant handle the completely fasted training you can have a small protein shake (water and protein powder, preferably one with few carbs and some BCAA's) before working out.

Paleo Diet: Sure many of you have heard of it but its few/no grains. Diet is basically fruits, vegetables, and lean protein (meats/fish/protein powder). I have a bunch of good recipes too if anyone is interested. Keep us updated man and good luck!!
Old 05-01-2011, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

Talking wasssssssssssss uppppppppp,bro..

AFTER YOUR DONE YOUR,DIET, JOEL WILL GO TO ''STEVES STEAKS,
AND GET 2 OF THOS FAMOUS CHEESE.... YUY..HA HA....
I CAN SMELL THE FRIED ''ONIONS'' NOW......
Attached Thumbnails Starting my cut cycle...CKD and more HIIT-bukbuk.jpg   Starting my cut cycle...CKD and more HIIT-0311110843.jpeg  
Old 05-02-2011, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JS
No squats ken, only leg press, seated ext and hammys, I finish up with calfs..

Squats and deadlifts are out for my leg (TOO MUCH ON THE KNEE/AKLE) but I have a 400lb leg press for 7 on my last set...Getting 135lbs on ext for 8 now on my last set too...Its comming pal, I believe I COULD do hacks and will start doing them after the summer....I wanna keep building up my legs (LEGS ARE KEY TO BUILDING OVER BODY MUSCLE).

Hell I am running now and that in itself is a miracle..
Sounds good. You just be spending a fortune on clothes since I'm sure NOTHING fits you now! But what an awesome problem for you to have!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:27 AM
JS
10 Second Club

NEW WEIGH-IN--------->245LBS
I LOST ANOTHER 9lbs this month and have now lost 160lbs

My goal was to be 250lbs by June, I beat that baby and hope to be 225lb by July 3rd
STARTING MY FAT BURNING CKD DIET THIS COMMING WEEK
Old 05-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Sounds like a good plan to get ripped for the summer! I have been working on getting into single digit bodyfat doing fasted cardio/weight training and a paleo diet, looks like this:

Moday - Pushing exercises:
3x incline bench (5-8 reps max per set)
3x flat bench (5-8 reps max per set)
2x tricep pull downs using cables (5-8 reps max per set)
2x overhead dumbell tricep extensions (5-8 reps max per set)
3x weighted dips (5-8 reps max per set)

Tuesday - Recovery/Cardio (this consists of uphill walking for 40 mins at a fast pace, or swimming, or basketball as I still play in a few leagues)

Wednesday - Legs
4x squats (5-8 reps max per set)
3x straight leg dead lifts (5-8 reps max per set)
2x machine quad extensions (5-8 reps max)
2x hamstring curls (5-8 reps max)
3x hanging knee raises (only ab exercises I do)

Thursday - Recover/Cardio (same as Tuesday)

Friday - Pulling Exercises
4x weighted pullups (5-8 reps max per set)
3x seated rows (5-8 reps max per set)
3x curling bar curls (5-8 reps max)
3x machine curls (5-8 reps max)

Saturday - Recovery/Cardio (same as Tuesdays)

Sunday - Rest

Nutrition:

On Weight training days I get:

2500 calories
350g protein
150 grams carbs
60 grams fat

On Recovery/Cardio days:

2350 calories
350 grams protein
80 grams carbs
40 grams fat

In addition I utilize fasted cardio/weight training which consists of getting all of your calories in an 8 hour window and fasting 16 hours, looks like this (can alter to your schedule but this is mine):

8 hours feeding - 1pm-9pm
16 hours fasting - 9pm-1pm

at Noontime I will head to the gym at my office and do one of the workouts above on an empty stomach. As soon as I am done (approx 1 hour to do the training above) I will then get back to my office around 1pmish and eat approx 40%-50% of my calories immediately after working out, which includes a majority of the carbs I am supposed to have for the day. I will then taper my calories down until 9pm when my fasting period begins. If I am playing basketball at night or my work schedule forces me to train in the evening I will have small meals (most optimum nutrion whey protein shakes which contain BCAA's). I will then ramp up my calories until I get home when I will then work out and immediately after I will have 40%-50% of my calories (pretty much the remaining calories I have for the day), with most of my carbs coming in this meal.

The training has worked well for me. Right now I am 6'8" 240 Pounds and about 10.9% body fat. Only thing keeping me from single digits is the god damn booze haha. Diet works well though, just need to get used to the fasted training but once you are used to it if you hit yourself with a black coffee beforehand (I get an iced dunkin dark roast black with 3 splenda) you feel like you are on rocket fuel and I been steadily gaining strength wise even though im working out on an empty stomach. If you cant handle the completely fasted training you can have a small protein shake (water and protein powder, preferably one with few carbs and some BCAA's) before working out.

Paleo Diet: Sure many of you have heard of it but its few/no grains. Diet is basically fruits, vegetables, and lean protein (meats/fish/protein powder). I have a bunch of good recipes too if anyone is interested. Keep us updated man and good luck!!

If your trying to cut try 4x of 10-12 reps, Also make sure you stay hydrated, general rule of thumb is half your body weight in fl oz of water.. Also try and protein within 30 mins of your last set before stretching at the end of the day, BCCA's and glutamine also are important.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlueStreak362
If your trying to cut try 4x of 10-12 reps, Also make sure you stay hydrated, general rule of thumb is half your body weight in fl oz of water.. Also try and protein within 30 mins of your last set before stretching at the end of the day, BCCA's and glutamine also are important.
I have done both but I prefer cycling the number of reps. For a couple of weeks I will do higher reps (8-12) and then the following couple weeks I will switch to heavier weight/lower reps (5-8). I eat very clean and am doing fasted training, so I like to maintain/build as much muscle as possible while still shedding body fat so the 5-8 rep range works well for me. For someone just starting to cut though I agree that 8-12 reps is probably best. I like having BCAA's throughout the day so I used Xtend for my BCAA's before workouts, then will have my Protein Shake which has BCAA's afterwards, then near the end of the day I will get a last serving of BCAA's. I also take Omega 3,6,9s, glutamine, fish oil, flax seed oil, and a multi-vitamin.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:03 PM
JS
10 Second Club

High rep/ Low rep training IMO is a old hat

IMO u cant grow unless u BREAK MUSCLE DOWN

My suggestion is to NOT do HR/LR but instead VARY the workouts (3 months) and continue to look to no less than 6 reps max...

Of course this is just an opinion and u need to do WHAT WORKS FOR YOUR BODY.....

The CKD diet should be LOW CARBS TO CUT (30G A DAY) for 14 days, then u CARB LOAD from SUNDOWN TO SUNDOWN 24hrs... U must take in VERY LOW FAT ON THIS DAY.

QUALITY FATS, MACADAMIA OIL, RAW ALMONDS, FISH OIL, NATURAL PB

CUT DIET (8 WEEKS)
MEALS
1) 6 EGGS (5 YOKES)
2) PROTEIN (DYMATIZE ISO-100) 2 TBL NATTY PB
3) 8oz PLAIN CHICKEN (1TBL) MACADAMIA OIL 1/2 CUP RAW ALMONDS
4) PROTEIN (DYMATIZE ISO-100) 2 TBL NATTY PB
5) 8oz. GRILLED SALMON (1 TPL) MACADAMIA OIL 1 CUP ASPARAGUS
6) 6 EGGS (5 YOKES)

I will run this for 8 weeks, For the 1st 14 days (30G) carbs, then I will carb load (FLIP FLOP FATS TO LOW AND CARBS HIGH FOR 24HRS) Then back to this diet...

I TAKE A BUNCH OF SUPPLEMENTS (CYCLE THEM ACCORDINGLY)
U MUST ALSO DO CARDIO AND I PREFER HIIT

THIS PARTICULAR DIET IS FOR SOMEONE LOOKING TO LOOSE BODY FAT AND IT MUST BE FOLLOWED VERY STRICTLY

I HAVE LOST 160LBS OVER 16MONTHS

Last edited by JS; 05-03-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Launching!

"old hat" may be true, but as you stated its whatever works for your body, everyone builds/shapes different, for me i started out doing 8-10 reps taking in as much protein as i could, i did 4 sets, the last was a burnout set and watched my bodyweight go up(I went from 157lbs to 194 in a matter of 4 months), i bulked up alot(was 194 @ 15.4% bodyfat), i then started to eat leaner beefs(grilled chicken, tuna, leaner cuts of steak) and saved my carb loading for an hour before lifting, also increased the amount of greens i took in by ALOT, I eat atleast two salads a day and multiple servings of broccolli(also contains BCCA's). I also started to pyramid my meals, my breakfast consisted of 2 bowls of go lean oatmeal, fruit cup, glass of milk(with one scoop of pro whey) and a 3 egg white sandwhich on wheat. lunch would be less food, and dinner would be less, my weights in the gym increased(started benching 135 at day one, and am at 225 flat bench 10x now) I also take force factor NO supp and was taking SP max in addition to pro whey. Seeing extremely noticeable results, i am currently 180lbs @ 11.2% bodyfat.. not bad for about 10 months of weight training and learning.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:51 PM
JS
10 Second Club

R u 46 years old, were u 405lbs or in a very bad accident, answer no...
What u were was lean to start and young, makes a big difference starting low and going up

I suggest exactly doing what works for u too, we both agree..
I also applaud u for your determination but throw the ff in the trash, its garbage....

I would u nitrox 2 or yokd for a no supplement.
BCAA ARE AWESOME AND XTEND IS ONE OF THE BEST
Later and keep at it

Last edited by JS; 05-03-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JS
R u 46 years old, were u 405lbs or in a very bad accident, answer no...
What u were was lean to start and young, makes a big difference starting low and going up

I suggest exactly doing what works for u too, we both agree..
I also applaud u for your determination but throw the ff in the trash, its garbage....

I would u nitrox 2 or yokd for a no supplement.
BCAA ARE AWESOME AND XTEND IS ONE OF THE BEST
Later and keep at it
True, and defiently sounds like you have a organized plan thats working for you, i have a friend whos a store manager at GNC and reccomended nitrox, said hes been hearing great things about it, im alittle hesitant to try yoked though, USP stuff i havent had good experiences with(Jack3d). But i have been seeing extremely good results with FF, from weights increasing to recovery.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow Congrats JS on your workout/meal plan and success with your weigh lose. I would like some info on the fat burning diet. I go to the gym on a somewhat regular basis( pending overtime at work). I'm 25 6'0 238lbs my bench press is 300lbs but I can't seem to burn the fat off the lower half of my body do you think the diet your doin would work for me
Old 05-04-2011, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlueStreak362
True, and defiently sounds like you have a organized plan thats working for you, i have a friend whos a store manager at GNC and reccomended nitrox, said hes been hearing great things about it, im alittle hesitant to try yoked though, USP stuff i havent had good experiences with(Jack3d). But i have been seeing extremely good results with FF, from weights increasing to recovery.
GNC?....No offense but I haven't come across a single employee at GNC who knew a damn about anything in 2+ years. Your mileage may vary. They may act that way just because they are trying to sell a product and get a comission. Who knows.

I take very few 'supplements' but I do like jack3d especially when I'm waking up at 5:30am to hit the gym....Most of the USB line seems to be junk though.

Quick Reply: Starting my cut cycle...CKD and more HIIT