Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Mike @ Rapid Motorsports comes through BIG for me!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 08:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mike @ Rapid Motorsports comes through BIG for me!!

I had a situation where I recently bought a bank repoed 02 WS6 in Wyomissing, PA. Couldnt get previous owner history from the bank. Car had open headers on it when I bought and really couldnt tell much about the way it ran. I did take a ORY and a bullet and bolted it on to hear it run. Long story short.... After getting the car home and getting exhaust on the car....it was clear it had been cammed and some sort of tune done. After some creative begging the bank gave me enough info to track down previous owners Dad. He lived in Birdsboro and said his son took the car to a local shop and had some engine work done and he couldnt think of the shop name right off. What he did remember was the shop had the worlds fastest TA.

After researching a little online I found Rapid Motorports was REAL close to them. Called back mentioned Rapid Motorsporst and Dad said that was it. Man I was really excited now.

After emailing back and forth with Mike... he finds the records on the car and the work that was done. I cant tell you guys what a blessing this was for me! I had no idea what was done internally on the motor....was looking at pulling it back apart if I couldnt find out. Mike at Rapid Motorsports came through BIG for me!! He didnt have to take his precious time to do this, but he did. He is very busy with his business. He has emailed me several times now. If he wasnt 10 hours away...the car would be there right now getting a dyno tune, which it needs.

You PA guys are very fortunate to have a shop of this caliber in your area. He is a site sponsor here and has a awesome reputation. My car runs really good for not having a dyno tune(which previous owner couldnt afford at the time the work was all done) and just a street tune right now. Mike did a really clean install also. If anyone is wondering what was done to the car....here it is...

1..Rapid Dominator 2 Series Cam Kit
231/239 on a 113 w/ 0.617/0.624
If Im reading right...this comes with
Chrome Moly Pushrods, Manley Dual Springs, Manley Ti Retainers, Manley Steel Spring Seats and new GM valve seals.

2.. GM HD Timing chain set was installed
3.. Rapid Ported LS6 oil pump
4.. Fuel filter
5.. Oil change with Mobil 1 and new filter
6.. Street tuning

Other work done...
Pace Setter LT's
Pace Setter ORY (no cats)
Magnaflow Catback
K&N
SLP Lid
SLP MAF

Its a 02 WS6 M6 and allready has the LS6 intake. I have also verified it has the LS6 block.

So Big thanks to Mike!!

I will post back here with my dyno tune results as soon as that happens. Im trying to get that scheduled now

Last edited by daytonayellaz; 06-13-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How could you not hear the cam with open headers? Thats sweet though that you probably picked it up for extremely cheap. Time for some nice heads.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

He said he did not know until he put his own y pipe and bullet on the car.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jetaws6
How could you not hear the cam with open headers? Thats sweet though that you probably picked it up for extremely cheap. Time for some nice heads.
Now looking back at they way it ran when I first started it.... I should have known it had a cam. Just wasnt thinking clearly along those lines. I had just driven 10 hours by myself pulling a trailer to get the car. A million things go through your mind on a trip like that. I was mostly concerened it just ran...with no knocks, smoke etc. Any hidden crash damage etc. I had to jack it up and put in on jack stands and install my friends ORY and bullet to test drive it. I got it about 1 or 2 miles from the bank and a tire went flat... I luckily had the banks number still in my cell phone and had to wait for some one to come get me...had to have the tire fixed to get it on the trailer.... This was some of the "long story short" I was talking about in the first post. I was tired and wanted to get it loaded and get on the road for home.

Originally Posted by Colemann
He said he did not know until he put his own y pipe and bullet on the car.
Yea... I didnt drive it when I got it home right away. It had bad tires and after the flat while on the test drive I knew I had to get new skins. Had to fix power window motors, headlight motors, front turn signals.... All the little crap... Which was frustrating! The car only has 38k miles on it! So after all this and new tires and exhaust..I really focused on the motor and could tell it was cammed!!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:37 AM
TECH Regular

That's awesome, glad we were able to help. Told you mikey would take care of you
Old 06-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GREGG 97Z
That's awesome, glad we were able to help. Told you mikey would take care of you
Yes Sir! And he did! Cant begin to tell you how thankful I am to not have to pull the motor apart to see what cam was in there Thanks for your help Gregg

Now I just have to figure out how I feel about this big nasty cam in this thing Im glad its on a 113... or my wife probably wouldnt want to ride in it with me.....LOL!
Old 06-13-2011, 03:27 PM
9 Second Club

What did the car cost... WTF??? And did you find my dope..
Old 06-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mikep2002
What did the car cost... WTF??? And did you find my dope..
The car didnt cost me anything after the the money I mad on flippin the dope I found hidden in her.... LMAO...
Old 06-13-2011, 04:40 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

You're in good hands with Mikey.....

Quick Reply: Mike @ Rapid Motorsports comes through BIG for me!!