Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

machine shop. Northern va/panhandle wv

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 03:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default machine shop. Northern va/panhandle wv

Looking for a reliable and fair priced machine shop (that knows what they are doing when it comes to lqx/lsx motors) to do machine work needed to my iron block. right now. just need it set up to where i can assemble the bottom end. also need the provisions tapped/threaded for the alternator bracket.

pm me your recommendations or post here. thanks guys.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:36 AM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

Justice would be my first choice, was local but they moved up to Fredrick I think.

Burtonsville Machine near Laurel does good work.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raven02TA
Looking for a reliable and fair priced machine shop (that knows what they are doing when it comes to lqx/lsx motors) to do machine work needed to my iron block. right now. just need it set up to where i can assemble the bottom end. also need the provisions tapped/threaded for the alternator bracket.

pm me your recommendations or post here. thanks guys.
Hey Raven if you do let me know if you find any one, so far no luck i end up going to Breezwood Pa area to Andy Jensen he about 2 hours from you
Old 02-20-2012, 07:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a link to a guy near winchester, Has my 6.0 block now.

http://fletchermade.com/

Btw, Where gonna be neighbors soon. Bought one of them townhouses with a garage right behind where you car sits.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

03 thanks for the help I found another place up the street called finish line motorsports and machine. They did a great job on done of my friends engines and was going to try them since they were also good on price. But I'll check these guys out this week. I guess you seen the car out front if the house. Stop by anytime
Old 02-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Teching In

Yeah, i was stalkin.lol. Had an engine blew up that was assemblied by the guy that works at finish line. Ed was his name. That was a 383 mopar engine though. Think he does ok with gm. Chris is the best in our area. But his prices are gonna be more. But you get what you pay for.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 03turbomach1
Yeah, i was stalkin.lol. Had an engine blew up that was assemblied by the guy that works at finish line. Ed was his name. That was a 383 mopar engine though. Think he does ok with gm. Chris is the best in our area. But his prices are gonna be more. But you get what you pay for.
as long as the machine work is on par then thats all i need. im going to do the assembly myself aside from the cam bearings. ill still check out fletcher as they do seem to do more with ls motors. if the price isnt that much of a difference then ill go with them.

i cant believe you saw my car with how dirty dat bitch is right now. lol.... i need to wash it and get a cover on it. any idea on how they are with head work? got some L92's needin to be done for this thing too.

edit: just sent chris an email
Old 02-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Teching In

I have l92 head there now.... mine is a 6.0 with a lunati stroker kit. Had to buy new pistons cause of the l92 valves. Going in my 92 lx mustang.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have l92 head there now.... mine is a 6.0 with a lunati stroker kit. Had to buy new pistons cause of the l92 valves. Going in my 92 lx mustang.
its going to take me a while before i get mine 100% on the road. really strugglin for cash at at the moment. but will eventually get there. little by little. the hardest part is just going to be getting the block together and the heads done. everything else i can pick up week by week.

yours should come out to be a good build then. one of my brothers up the street (marty) has a blue LX. with a built 306.

also about to install a 76mm turbo set up on 02 MMR 5.0L GT this weekend. im sure you seen andies car runnin around.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Teching In

I was thinkin about selling my 6 liter. the bottom end is done, just needs head and top end installed. Askin $4,000 for it.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was thinkin about selling my 6 liter. the bottom end is done, just needs head and top end installed. Askin $4,000 for it.
ill keep it in mind. im sure somebody will want it. thats a good price

Quick Reply: machine shop. Northern va/panhandle wv