Pittsburgh dodged a bullit

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 08:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badpewter-z
peyton who? all i saw him doing was
pats are always under rated at what we are capable of
next week against pitsburg will be tough but we will have dillon this time around too
will definetly be a good game
you have Dillon, we have the #1 defense in the NFL. Something's got to give. I think this should be the superbowl, because these are the top 2 teams in the league. Turnovers are going to be the key factor in the game.

Preditiction:

Steelers 20
Pats 10
Old 01-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Restricted User

Congradulations to the Patriots for their win today. Dillon had a great game today. The Colts couldn't handle the cold weather. Soon as I saw it starting to snow, I knew teh Colts had their hands full. Steelers are used to playing in the cold and are way tougher on defence. Only 1 person rushed for more than 100 yards in a game all year. They shut down Curtis Martin twice. It will be a good game.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:31 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by OrangeSS
No games like yesterday between the jets and steelers are the games u want to see. Thats what the playoffs are about having u on the edge of ur seat are games ull remembers for a lifetime. Thats football and thats what I wanna watch.

I agree!
Old 01-17-2005, 04:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, steelers looked bad. Both Jets and steelers made mistakes. like i have stated before, the steelers never put the ball in Ben's hands to win it, but when they do rely on him, he looks pretty bad. For the person who says he doesnt seem like a rookie, yes he did. Steelers should be at home watching on the outside, but the Jets choked on two game winning field goals.

In other news, the Pats stomped the Colts, and only let up 3 points to a team that average 33 a game.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by amwellls1
We will see how you do tomorrow and if you win then you can talk some ****. Since we won we get to talk **** for the next week.
With the steelers performance, i dont think any of you guys should talk smack, even though the Jets gave you the win.

I would be nervous if i were the steelers.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by black_ws6
We already beat em once this year. Why not make it twice?
I'll tell you why:

Corey Dillon
Both O Tackles are back (we had 2 rookies playing their first games and let Brady get killed)
Our secondary is now playing well together. Ty Law got hurt in that game and our second stringers were playing for the first time. Now they are a cohesive unit.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:09 AM
7 Second Club

New England will expose the Steelers weaknesses next week.They have the best record but not the best team.I think we'll see a repeat performance of what they did to the Colts yesterday.If they can shut down Peyton,Big Ben shouldn't be any problem.

I predicted before the season started that NE would win the super bowl again.Brady and Belichik(SP) will come up with a game plan to end the Steelers season.Those guys are winners and will find a way to get it done.

NE and Atlanta in the Super Bowl baby with Brady getting another Super Bowl MVP.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:33 AM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We will see what happens..I agree the Steelers looked bad, But they still have home field which means a lot..I don't think you will hear much if any trash talking between these teams, They both know what they are up against...I hope the Steelers defense can carry them like they have all year..If Ben doesn't make mistakes the Steelers will win, They have a better core of receivers than the Pats, They just need to step up like they did Oct 31. The Pats are still the champs until someone beats them.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:37 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by RealQuick
Well, steelers looked bad. Both Jets and steelers made mistakes. like i have stated before, the steelers never put the ball in Ben's hands to win it, but when they do rely on him, he looks pretty bad. For the person who says he doesnt seem like a rookie, yes he did. Steelers should be at home watching on the outside, but the Jets choked on two game winning field goals.

In other news, the Pats stomped the Colts, and only let up 3 points to a team that average 33 a game.
Well if Ben looked like a rookie then I quess Payton looked like a washed up vetern eventhough he threw 49 TD this year. Maybe u should keep ur mouth shut becuase u dont know dick about football.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:55 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Well if Ben looked like a rookie then I quess Payton looked like a washed up vetern eventhough he threw 49 TD this year. Maybe u should keep ur mouth shut becuase u dont know dick about football.
ok so he threw 49td's this year. what happened yesterday then???? how many times did he just throw it away directly at the ground like the scared lil boy he is. he can be good but he was shut down after all the indy fans said he was gonna walk all over us
Old 01-17-2005, 11:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Hey big mouth, you dont know me, so stop trying to talk like a tough **** behind your keyboard...*****. I played football in highschool and I have been going to every pats game since 1990. My dad has had our season tickets since 1971. Your team looked pitiful, but all you have to say is I dont know anything about football Chump. I hope you changed your **** stained shorts because your undies will be full after next weekend.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RealQuick
With the steelers performance, i dont think any of you guys should talk smack, even though the Jets gave you the win.

I would be nervous if i were the steelers.

It would not be any fun not to talk ****, that is what this is all about! I agree we did look like **** against the jets, and big ben looked like a rookie, but this weekend is another game and the past is in the past. I think it is going to be one hell of a game this weekend. I think our D will hold brady and dillion in check, but it all depends which Ben shows up to play. Either way it is going to be a hard fought game that is not going to be decided to the fourth quarter. And I can not wait to watch it. The winner of this one will win in Jacksonville.

Go Steelers
Old 01-17-2005, 04:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steelers are one hell of a lucky team, BUT THIER LUCK HAS JUST RUN OUT

Ultamately the RED,WHITE,and BLUE will win. I believe that would be the PATRIOTS!
Old 01-17-2005, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i personelly dont even think it will really matter which ben shows up, i think the running game is what helps the steelers the most. i know it help alot agaist the jets, they just pound it and pound it up the middle and tire the defense out. if they cant run against the patriots it is going to make it a long and very hard game for ben no matter how good he is playing.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Should be a great game....2 great, proud teams going to war. Anything can, and probably will, happen. The Patriots have respect for the Steelers, and I'm sure the Steelers respect the Pats. The football writers and us fans stir the whole pot into a frantic frenzy, but it all comes down to the coaching and players doing the job on the field... We're going to war--in the Steeler's house. Let the winner take all.... WJ
Old 01-17-2005, 06:15 PM
Restricted User

The Pats CAN'T STOP Bettis and Staley. Oh you may for the first and second quarter but in the 3rd and 4th the Pat's defence will be sucking air with their hands on their hips thrying to figure out how to stop them... They couldn't do it earlier in the season and they won't be able to now. We can stop Dillon. The Steelers defence is a lot better then you give them credit for. They only allowed 3 points last week. They aren't the number1 defence for nothing. The only thing the Patriots could do against Indy was run the ball. Ben the rookie threw for more yard than Brady did.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:22 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2001 Pewter WS6
The Pats CAN'T STOP Bettis and Staley. Oh you may for the first and second quarter but in the 3rd and 4th the Pat's defence will be sucking air with their hands on their hips thrying to figure out how to stop them... They couldn't do it earlier in the season and they won't be able to now. We can stop Dillon. The Steelers defence is a lot better then you give them credit for. They only allowed 3 points last week. They aren't the number1 defence for nothing. The only thing the Patriots could do against Indy was run the ball. Ben the rookie threw for more yard than Brady did.
hmm brady didnt do much no he didnt he had a bad game with very little front line help which we now have back mind you, have dillion, are secondary is working good together now and we learn from our mistakes you will see sunday
just remeber your team is only there thanks to 2 missed 3 pointers from the jets i hope you do play better than this past sunday though i want a good game
Old 01-17-2005, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2001 Pewter WS6
and obviously you arent giving the pats defense any credit. not sure if you saw it on sunday, but they completely shut down one of the top 5 scoring offenses in the HISTORY of the nfl.im not trying to say anything bad about pittsburgh, there's no doubt they have a great defense, and maybe rothli-somethin did have more yards than brady. but you know what else he had, more mistakes. brady did not make one crutial mistake, and the rookie almost lost the game for your precious steelers. like badpewter said, you'll see sunday
Old 01-17-2005, 07:16 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

The pats suck enough said
Old 01-17-2005, 07:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The pats suck enough said
real orignal