Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Pittsburgh dodged a bullit

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 07:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001 Pewter WS6
The Pats CAN'T STOP Bettis and Staley. Oh you may for the first and second quarter but in the 3rd and 4th the Pat's defence will be sucking air with their hands on their hips thrying to figure out how to stop them... They couldn't do it earlier in the season and they won't be able to now. We can stop Dillon. The Steelers defence is a lot better then you give them credit for. They only allowed 3 points last week. They aren't the number1 defence for nothing. The only thing the Patriots could do against Indy was run the ball. Ben the rookie threw for more yard than Brady did.
We will see...Dillon and Faulk are comparable to Bus and Staley, but Ben can't carry Brady's gym bag...big advantage for Pat's there, not to mention Patriots far superior coaching staff... You'd better be ready, cause we are coming to your house... WJ
Old 01-17-2005, 10:34 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where was that superior coaching staff October 31st? In fact the Pats never showed up did they? Sorry, but Dillon & Faulk are not comparable..You start 1 250 pounder in Bettis & then in the 4th quarter you bring in the 245lb Staley...They are going to run right through them again & again..Just think, The bus didn't even play that much in the 1st game. Just because the Pats stopped the Colts everyone thinks the pats are going to run over the Steelers. The Colts are soft & are built to play in a dome on artificial turf, They are a finesse team..The Steelers match up well, Smash Mouth Football baby...
Old 01-17-2005, 10:58 PM
Launching!

Guess what? The Patriots can play any game. They can play smash mouth football with the Steelers. They can play high scoring finesseball with the Colts or Chiefs. They can play with and take anybody out playing any way necessary.

You're making a BIG mistake if you're judging everything by the first meeting of the two teams. Let's make a little list:

1. Patriots DID NOT have Dillion for that meeting.
2. That was the game Ty Law went down.
3. There was an extremely weak offensive line setup, which led to...
4. ...Brady being under more pressure than usual.
5. Because of the injury and line, there wasn't anywhere as close a scheme to follow as they will have prepared for next week. Roethelisberger better be prepared, because I can guarantee it will be nothing like he's ever seen.

Now, the Pats have Dillion. The secondary has adjusted to the loss of Law. The offensive line has also adjusted (meaning Brady will be in form for the game.) That's not mentioning Ben's big time jitters and mistakes last week he'll have to get over. If you make assume the Steelers will walk the Pats based on the first game, you are making a big-time mistake.

Besides, if you want to play the assumption game, the Steelers barely irked out the last game against a Jets team with a mediocre defense, a mediocre coaching staff, and a pathetic kicker. This is the same Jets team that got smoked twice by the Patriots during the season (and the second time was with this same shorthanded staff.)

The point is, when you're talking your trash, keep in mind that the defense of the Patriots is as good as the defense of the Steelers, the Patriots can run as well as the Steelers, they have a MUCH more reliable air game, and they were having some big problems during the last meeting. You can talk all day about the defense of the Steelers, but when your opponent's team, with a completely trashed secondary, holds one of the best offensive teams EVER to just three points, there's nothing bad you can say about it.

Now, all that being said, it's going to be a hell of a game on Sunday. May the best team win.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:00 PM
12 Second Club

by dan[/QUOTE]Just because the Pats stopped the Colts everyone thinks the pats are going to run over the Steelers.[QUOTE]

well let's not forget last years superbowl, the longest winning streak and oh yea did you see the game sat. ?

I'm thinking pats 28 pit 3 (oh wait I almost forgot Vinny) pat's 30 pit 3

pat's 3 int's pit 0

the Bus is going to need a tow!

GO Pat's
Old 01-18-2005, 01:15 AM
Launching!

The point is, when you're talking your trash, keep in mind that the defense of the Patriots is as good as the defense of the Steelers, the Patriots can run as well as the Steelers, they have a MUCH more reliable air game, and they were having some big problems during the last meeting. You can talk all day about the defense of the Steelers, but when your opponent's team, with a completely trashed secondary, holds one of the best offensive teams EVER to just three points, there's nothing bad you can say about it.

Now, all that being said, it's going to be a hell of a game on Sunday. May the best team win.[/QUOTE]

Pittsburgh D is stronger and Bettis and Staley much more effective then Dillion and Faulk. I will give you the better air game. All and all going to be a close one. But there will not be a patriot 100yd rusher this weekend. Will make it very interesting. Can not wait, this week is going to damn slow!
Old 01-18-2005, 03:15 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Its funny how the Pats have a few good season and now there the ****. You Mass fans are a bunch of retards. I quess when u are surrounded by losing teams like all u retards have been u'll start over reacting to a few good seasons. Ur area and teams will always be known as the loser state I mean u have loyal players who leave ur teams to go to other cities to win there championships. Hahahahaha choke choke choke the PAts wil go
Old 01-18-2005, 07:21 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

um actully ive been a pats fan for 25 years same as red sox and there usally within the top 5 regardless . you sound like a friggin sports caster and now that we have proved ourselves everyone thinks we came outta nowhere sorry didnt happen that way bud always have and always will be a pats fan no question about it
Old 01-18-2005, 07:53 AM
Dan
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Guess what? The Patriots can play any game. They can play smash mouth football with the Steelers. They can play high scoring finesseball with the Colts or Chiefs. They can play with and take anybody out playing any way necessary.

You're making a BIG mistake if you're judging everything by the first meeting of the two teams. Let's make a little list:

1. Patriots DID NOT have Dillion for that meeting.
2. That was the game Ty Law went down.
3. There was an extremely weak offensive line setup, which led to...
4. ...Brady being under more pressure than usual.
5. Because of the injury and line, there wasn't anywhere as close a scheme to follow as they will have prepared for next week. Roethelisberger better be prepared, because I can guarantee it will be nothing like he's ever seen.

Now, the Pats have Dillion. The secondary has adjusted to the loss of Law. The offensive line has also adjusted (meaning Brady will be in form for the game.) That's not mentioning Ben's big time jitters and mistakes last week he'll have to get over. If you make assume the Steelers will walk the Pats based on the first game, you are making a big-time mistake.

Besides, if you want to play the assumption game, the Steelers barely irked out the last game against a Jets team with a mediocre defense, a mediocre coaching staff, and a pathetic kicker. This is the same Jets team that got smoked twice by the Patriots during the season (and the second time was with this same shorthanded staff.)

Now, all that being said, it's going to be a hell of a game on Sunday. May the best team win.
The Steelers have won shootouts & Low scoring games, they are equal in that category.
1. So you are making an excuse, If the Pats are so good Faulk would have rushed for more than 4 yds in that game
2. Again, big deal..they were what 7-1 without Law & Poole
3. & 4 another excuse

I am not saying the Steelers are going to walk over the Pats, I think it's 2 evenly matched teams, It's going to be a great close game..The pats better be ready to stop the run game, If I remember the steelers had over 200 net yards rushing.
``It was pretty obvious the Steelers were the better team,'' Belichick said. ``They outcoached us, outplayed us and we weren't good in any phase of the game. We didn't do much of anything right.''
Pittsburgh outgained New England 417-248

But it's hard to look back, Like I said if the Steelers don't make mistakes & win the turnover battle they will win, that was the key to the last game.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:56 AM
Dan
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ace68
by dan
Just because the Pats stopped the Colts everyone thinks the pats are going to run over the Steelers.

well let's not forget last years superbowl, the longest winning streak and oh yea did you see the game sat. ?

I'm thinking pats 28 pit 3 (oh wait I almost forgot Vinny) pat's 30 pit 3

pat's 3 int's pit 0

the Bus is going to need a tow!

GO Pat's
Who broke the pats winning streak? 21 & Done? Who has won 15 games in a row?
Old 01-18-2005, 09:24 AM
12 Second Club

Its funny how the Pats have a few good season and now there the ****.
there was a time when the red sox,s were the best in baseball EVER then they traded fat ***. where have the Pirates been?

Pit has 4 S. B. banners and 5 aperances ; NE has 2 banners and 4 aperances

Pit. steelers was the best team in the what 70' early 80's but what have they done latley?

the Celts have more banners than the .......... hey you don't got an nba team

same withe the Bruins , more banners than the PENguins ..3x,s more

Wow NE has been a solid team for at least 5 years but how would you know you don't realy follow NE do you. or are you a closet NE fan

posted by dan
"Who broke the pats winning streak? 21 & Done? Who has won 15 games in a row?"

hey everybody has a bad day **** they had to lose to someone someday

and I love that they lost to PIt this season cuz now they want to even the score.
If you thiunk they were hitting the colts hard sat wait till Sun.
first Pit. is going to load the BUS with all the injuerd players then they are going to tow the BUS off the field.

Last edited by ace68; 01-18-2005 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by OrangeSS
Ur area and teams will always be known as the loser state I mean u have loyal players who leave ur teams to go to other cities to win there championships. Hahahahaha choke choke choke the PAts wil go
Its funny, your the dumb **** that says the Pats dont know how to draft, and that we get all our good players from different teams? Stupid ***, stick to one moronic comment and stay with it.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Dan
The Steelers have won shootouts & Low scoring games, they are equal in that category.
1. So you are making an excuse, If the Pats are so good Faulk would have rushed for more than 4 yds in that game
2. Again, big deal..they were what 7-1 without Law & Poole
3. & 4 another excuse

I am not saying the Steelers are going to walk over the Pats, I think it's 2 evenly matched teams, It's going to be a great close game..The pats better be ready to stop the run game, If I remember the steelers had over 200 net yards rushing.
``It was pretty obvious the Steelers were the better team,'' Belichick said. ``They outcoached us, outplayed us and we weren't good in any phase of the game. We didn't do much of anything right.''
Pittsburgh outgained New England 417-248

But it's hard to look back, Like I said if the Steelers don't make mistakes & win the turnover battle they will win, that was the key to the last game.
The key to the game is to stop the run. Indy in the first game of the year rushed for over 200 yards. We held them to 55? yards this time. The Patriots know if you stop the run, Pittsburg has no offense. That will be the scheme.

Here are some 2004 stats just food for thought:

Coey Dillon.......15games.....1635yards...4.7average
Jerome Bettis....15 games...941yards....3.8 average

Team Defense (Points/game)
Pittsburg #1 - 15.7
New England #2 - 16.3

Rushing Yards Allowed (Defense)
Pittsburg #1- 81.2
New England #6 - 98.3

Points Scored Per game
New England #4 - 27.3
Pittsburg #11 - 23.3

Rushing Yards Per game
Pittsburg #2 - 154
Patriots #7 - 133.4

Passing Yards Per game
New England #11 - 224.3
Pittsburg #28 - 170.0

There has to be some reason why the Patriots are favored going against a 15-1 team in their own place.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:41 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by RealQuick
Its funny, your the dumb **** that says the Pats dont know how to draft, and that we get all our good players from different teams? Stupid ***, stick to one moronic comment and stay with it.
Ok I will stick to one moronic comment and stay with it I think ur teams are like a one hit wonder so enjoy it while it last
Old 01-18-2005, 11:41 AM
Launching!

Well said, RealQuick.

Some of you just don't get it. When facts are presented, you resort to personal insults or assumptions about "mass fans" or how all of our other teams suck. Right.

I'll leave it down to this: You better pray that Ben has done his homework. You can say all day that the Pats won't have 100 rush yards, I can say the same for the Steelers. Their combination of two backs may be slightly better, but anybody with half a brain would take Dillion over either of them if they only had one choice.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Restricted User

Granted, our special teams stunk and a costly interception. Other than those two plays, what did the Jets do?? That's right, nothing... Mistakes are what beats a team. That was only one week, I seriously doubt that will make 2 costly mistakes again on Sunday.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by OrangeSS
Ok I will stick to one moronic comment and stay with it I think ur teams are like a one hit wonder so enjoy it while it last
one hit wonder??????????
musthave missed something ther i see the media has you blinded too
Old 01-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Well said, RealQuick.

Some of you just don't get it. When facts are presented, you resort to personal insults or assumptions about "mass fans" or how all of our other teams suck. Right.

I'll leave it down to this: You better pray that Ben has done his homework. You can say all day that the Pats won't have 100 rush yards, I can say the same for the Steelers. Their combination of two backs may be slightly better, but anybody with half a brain would take Dillion over either of them if they only had one choice.
Oh I get it, rather have Bettis and Staley anyday over Dillion, we will see what happens this weekend. That is funny comparing dillion's stats to Bettis when Jerome did not even start the first half of the season and was primarily used in short yardage situations. I will say it again their will not be a 100 yard rusher for NE this weekend and brady will have to much pressure to carry the load this weekend
Old 01-18-2005, 12:37 PM
Restricted User

"Jerome Bettis....15 games...941yards....3.8 average"

And he is our backup running back... He wasn't the starter for the first 6 games and didn't play in the last game so basically 900+ yards in 8 games is pretty good... Bettis was used the the first 6 games as a 1st and goal runner. Staley was the starter.

Everyone can argue their point all they want, it really doesn't matter. Heck even the guys on the talk talk shows bicker amoungst themselves.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by badpewter-z
hmm brady didnt do much no he didnt he had a bad game with very little front line help which we now have back mind you, have dillion, are secondary is working good together now and we learn from our mistakes you will see sunday
just remeber your team is only there thanks to 2 missed 3 pointers from the jets i hope you do play better than this past sunday though i want a good game
Actually the reason Pittsburgh is still in it is they ended up with more points than the Jets. Using your logic, I could argue that the only reason the two field goals would have meant something was one mistake on punt coverage. The result of any game is the sum of all the plays, not just the final play.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by amwellls1
Oh I get it, rather have Bettis and Staley anyday over Dillion, we will see what happens this weekend. That is funny comparing dillion's stats to Bettis when Jerome did not even start the first half of the season and was primarily used in short yardage situations. I will say it again their will not be a 100 yard rusher for NE this weekend and brady will have to much pressure to carry the load this weekend
Who cares how many games he played?? Look at how many carries he had! Look at yards per carry!!!
Here is what you need to know (carries/yards/average)
Jerome Bettis: (250carries/ 941yards/ 3.8yards)
Deuce Staley (192carries/ 830yards/ 4.3yards)
Corey Dillon (345carries/ 1635 yards/ 4.7 yards)
Kevin Faulk (54 carries/ 255yards/ 4.7 yards)

Lets see, it took Pittsburgs 2 running backs (442 carries/ 1771 yards/ 4.0 yards)

Lets see, it took New Englands 2 running backs to get (399 carries/ 1890 yards/ 4.7 yards)

As far as rushing yards on Sunday, the Jets nabbed 4.1 yards a carry against the steelers, so they arent as great as you guys make them out to be. If Corey runs for 70yds, and kevin runs 30, who cares what the total is. Its yards/carry. We may only run the ball 20 times and get 80 yards (4 yards/carry), which is a decent average. Dont look at total yards, look at yards per rush because it reflects how many times we TRIED to run the ball. Steelers could get 200 yards rushing, but it will take 50-60 carries to do it.