Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

If your car sucks in the snow

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005 | 10:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default If your car sucks in the snow

Stay the hell off the roads when it's snowing
I passed atleast 10 cars tonight that were stuck in 3" of snow.Most of them had fat tires on there cars and they couldn't move up the slightest of inclines.What a bunch of Dumb asses
Old 02-28-2005 | 11:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Agreed that is why I am at home wallowing in self pitty lol
Old 02-28-2005 | 11:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Keep those bad boys home in the garage in the winter! WJ
Old 03-01-2005 | 07:22 AM
11 Second Club

I cringe everytime I see some Bone Head rollin around in there nice summer ride.

I got pissed once cause it was snowing out and some guy was drving around his 50th anniversary vette.

I see guys drive around there nice f-bodies and vettes all the damn time in the snow around here... It's a shame (even Firehawks Don!)

I say "Put that $hit away" when I see em' now

So now me and my girl have little contests when we see a nice car you gotta catch it 1st and yell "Put that $hit away"
Old 03-01-2005 | 07:38 AM

well actually till today my car has always gone pretty good in the snow but once the sand trucks and plows and other traffic is out making it a slushy mess my car wont move for ****, going to work this am at 5 30 was no problem but when they canceled work at 7am cus the roads were really bad and i had to go home it was a real bitch

next year i am geting a 4x4 again for a winter beater
Old 03-01-2005 | 07:39 AM
12 Second Club

Come on its awesome driving like you have 1000 hp brake traction at 40 and just spin.
Old 03-01-2005 | 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

That's why on snow day I take the bus and the train to work.

Trending Topics

Old 03-01-2005 | 07:54 AM
Humanitarian

I take the bus and train to work everyday but I don't see why it's such a shame to drive a f-body in the snow. First off, with snow tires I handle better than other cars with all season radials and it's only a f-body for crying out loud. Some of you people think your drive 250,000.00 cars. It's a regular friggin car, theres nothing special about the f-body and it isnt like it rots through the frame after driving it through a couple of snow storms. If you have the money for another car than great but to preach about how these cars are only made for the summer is foolish. When I bought my car it didn't have a huge warning label "this car will self destruct in the snow".

What do some of you people think your doing, waiting for the car to be worth something? Have fun, I'll see you in 55 years.
Old 03-01-2005 | 07:59 AM
Humanitarian

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Stay the hell off the roads when it's snowing
I know what your saying, I drove to and from Marcel's house yesterday in the SS and I had to pass a bunch of people who were just making traffic worse. Driving so damn slow and people are all bunched up. All it takes is one person to spin out and everything behind them who's all bunched up cant stop in time and just create a pile up from hell. Just get in the fast lane and drive 5-10 mph faster (not hard when the idiots are doing 20) and put a good 1/4 mile of space between you and the idiots.

I have 4.11's and I was happy to be in 3rd gear at times.
Old 03-01-2005 | 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
I take the bus and train to work everyday but I don't see why it's such a shame to drive a f-body in the snow. First off, with snow tires I handle better than other cars with all season radials and it's only a f-body for crying out loud. Some of you people think your drive 250,000.00 cars. It's a regular friggin car, theres nothing special about the f-body and it isnt like it rots through the frame after driving it through a couple of snow storms. If you have the money for another car than great but to preach about how these cars are only made for the summer is foolish. When I bought my car it didn't have a huge warning label "this car will self destruct in the snow".

What do some of you people think your doing, waiting for the car to be worth something? Have fun, I'll see you in 55 years.
Your trippin nobody said any thing about what the cars worth or not worth. I have goodyear f1's on the car that's why I don't drive it in the snow.
Old 03-01-2005 | 08:10 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

joe those tires you got grip like hell though

for what its worth though this morning i just drove over the snowbank at the end of the driveway
Old 03-01-2005 | 08:10 AM
11 Second Club

My 4x4 winter beater has been one of my best investments.
Old 03-01-2005 | 08:17 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I know what your saying, I drove to and from Marcel's house yesterday in the SS and I had to pass a bunch of people who were just making traffic worse. Driving so damn slow and people are all bunched up. All it takes is one person to spin out and everything behind them who's all bunched up cant stop in time and just create a pile up from hell. Just get in the fast lane and drive 5-10 mph faster (not hard when the idiots are doing 20) and put a good 1/4 mile of space between you and the idiots.

I have 4.11's and I was happy to be in 3rd gear at times.
And this is from the same guy you use to a couple of years ago about driving his car in anykind of weather
Old 03-01-2005 | 08:47 AM
Humanitarian

I don't have the cash for a 2nd car right now. I'm not knocking the people who have more than 1 car.

All I'm saying is the f-body isnt incapable of being an everyday driver just because someone thinks these cars dont belong on the road when the weather gets a little nasty.
Old 03-01-2005 | 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

My cars stuck under a crap load of snow right now, but she barely moves even when there is minimal snow on the ground. Unfortunately it is my only car so I guess I am one of those "idiots" out on teh road at times.
Old 03-01-2005 | 09:02 AM
Humanitarian

Get some snow tires and the car can be driven through anything man. I drove in the dead middle of the last two big storms. Fill up the tank and go.
Old 03-01-2005 | 09:07 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

i think my gtp is the worst fwd car in the snow ever produced...my wifes buick century which is made on the same chassis is like 1000x better...i think it has to do with the tire combination I have but still its terrible. Wish I had $ for a beater, but this was supposed to be my beater lol i always had good experience with fwd and snow but not the case with this hunk.
Old 03-01-2005 | 09:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Get some snow tires and the car can be driven through anything man. I drove in the dead middle of the last two big storms. Fill up the tank and go.
Joe, you running Blizzaks or something similar? Unfortunately I put my money into the "performance tires" a little early this year but will definitely invest in some snow tires next year.
Old 03-01-2005 | 09:24 AM
Humanitarian

http://www.michelinman.com/catalog/t...helinXIce.html

Get those suckers. I heard of peoples stories with Blizzarks and from these have done for me, they seem better. They make a night and day difference in an f-body. I never thought they would of worked so well. Just the tires alone turned my car from a summer driver into an all weather car. Very nice tires.
Old 03-01-2005 | 09:26 AM
TECH Regular

I don't have the cash for a 2nd car right now. I'm not knocking the people who have more than 1 car.

All I'm saying is the f-body isnt incapable of being an everyday driver just because someone thinks these cars dont belong on the road when the weather gets a little nasty.
Thank you Joe. I drive the WS6 everyday. She sees snow every winter. My fiance drives the Firehawk everyday...it sees snow every winter also. Both cars have a good set of tires on the rear (they're not snow tires, but they're not drag radials either, just regular street tires). We don't have the money to get a 2nd car for either of us right now. I bought the WS6 to drive it, not to let it sit parked for half the year. In the 3 winters I've had her, I've only had a problem once. (She slid out going around a turn, but she stayed on the road and facing the right direction.) These cars are only $3x,xxx max...if you bought it new...they're not 6 figure cars. People certainly don't have a problem driving their $5x,xxx truck in the bad weather..oh wait..that's a truck and not a car.