Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Mr. Clean & Pinnacle

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 07:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mr. Clean & Pinnacle

I used the new Mr. Clean "Autodry Carwash" and then a coat of Premium "Pinnacle" Souverain wax.. the results are fantastic!!!

I got the Mr. Clean system at Amazon, and Pinnacle also on line.

Easy and works excellent!!! Great on Red, Black, and Yellow cars.

http://www.pinnaclewax.com/

http://www.homemadesimple.com/mrclea...ry/index.shtml
Old 04-12-2005, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i used it once it sucked took off all the wax. it was like using dish soap i give it 2 thumbs down besides really how hard is it to dry ur car off
Old 04-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pinnacle has a nice tub of wax. It's a small tub and it cost's about 70 bucks but it's the best out there unless you want to spend a few thousand on some other stuff that's nice.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:31 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Zaino----------->NUFF SAID
Old 04-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Humanitarian

hahahaha another Zaino nut. If you only knew.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:22 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I do know,Sal is one of best friends
Been to Ohio,Atl. with him on 2 trips,he's the best...
Old 04-12-2005, 05:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
Pinnacle has a nice tub of wax. It's a small tub and it cost's about 70 bucks but it's the best out there unless you want to spend a few thousand on some other stuff that's nice.
Yup- what he said.. plus, the coconut smell is great!
Old 04-12-2005, 05:34 PM
11 Second Club

Zaino is by far the best.. I've seen Chickys SS and it's way shiney..
Old 04-12-2005, 05:38 PM
11 Second Club

Don't get me wrong- Zaino is the best.. but far more work than I want to do!
Old 04-12-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dieso...what's wrong with Zaino?

It's all I've ever used on my SS and I think the stuff works great .

You can PM me if you don't want to post it .
Old 04-13-2005, 07:44 AM
Humanitarian

Zaino has a decent polymer but where is their abrasive paint cleaner, polish, compound and non-filler glaze. Do you guys really think using a polish that FILLS swirls is a step forward? Your not fixing jack squat, all your doing is hiding your messed up paint. I don’t even know how something can be called a polish when it isn’t even abrasive.

Zaino is a excellent all around product for the weekend detailer who doesn’t know much about other stuff on the market or have the time to really detail the car. Tell you what… detail your car until the moon turns blue, make it shine like glass. I’ll come over with a towel and some alcohol and wash your polish job off in a minute. Now how ghetto is that, you thought you removed swirls and I’m washing the fillers off with alcohol. What happens when the top coat and the polish starts to wear off (a polish that wears off, now if that isn’t a joke I don’t know what is), your going to see all of the older swirls and the new ones you put into the car by washing, drying and detailing it. It’s almost like a gimmick, the Zaino hides stuff but when it fades off you need more and more. When I detail cars, I permanently fix swirls, hazing and buffer burns. When I detail cars, the car doesn’t start shining because of the polish after 10 minutes into it. I can detail a car for 14 hours and you’ll think the clear coat is getting worse until the last hour or two. I am going to clean my car up a little; it’s going to take two weekends. First weekend is clay, compound, polish and a cleaner. The next weekend I’ll use the cleaner again then the glaze and wax.

Heck, I can find a 25.00 dollar tub of wax that will outshine Zaino any day. PurEvl’s car had tons of Zaino on it, it looked decent. I spent about 10 hours on his car one day and with properly prepped paint, two quick coats (no dry/cure time) out shined his Zaino by far. It’s not about how much the final coat shines. It’s about prepping the clear coat. All the finishing product is intended to do is to show how perfectly the clear coat was prepped. A lot of people ignore prepping the clear coat and rely on a finishing product to make the car shine. It won’t happen, it’s impossible; the clear coat is the problem, not the wax/polymer. When I detail a car, 90% of the time is spent on fixing the clear coat, that’s the issue with cars.

These “time saving” products or products that do two jobs instead of one are junk. You’ll never get the shine, depth or warmth that you’ll get if you detail the car the real way. Let’s not even get into how some colors look so sterile and boring with Zaino. How you need to look at the car in partial shade to get any sort of reflection or depth.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:45 AM
Humanitarian

BTW, Zaino does work well but Zaino alone isn't good enough for me.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've used Zaino before and thought it was pretty decent. I might try it again now that my paint is a few years old. I was always under the impression though that Zaino didnt hide the imperfections like swirls and stuff.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:08 AM
Humanitarian

It doesnt. 3M has a huge line of stuff but it's mail order. Meguiars has some decent stuff you can buy in a store but if your gonna go that route, you'll need a polisher, at least a random orbital. I have a random and a rotary, your welcome to use either any time.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:05 PM
11 Second Club

Joe,

Can you use a buffer (I got one from Sears) with Pinnacle??
Old 04-13-2005, 06:22 PM
Humanitarian

Yes, I used to use a polisher myself but I use less product if I do everything by hand and I'm quicker. The buffer pads are too big.

I guess I have a little method.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:40 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
Yes, I used to use a polisher myself but I use less product if I do everything by hand and I'm quicker. The buffer pads are too big.

I guess I have a little method.
When my car goes to Don's early May for heads/cam it will be there from a Saturday to the next weekend.
Can you hook a limping dog up with some pimp nasty black paint and silky smooth leather?
I saw your work last year and figured you for the detail man
I have done nothing but wash the car just to avoid screwing it up for the real job.
Let me know...
thx
Old 04-14-2005, 02:07 AM
Launching!

Agree completely with every word DIESO posted. The look is all in the prep job. The last step sealant or wax is by far the least important step to a full paint detail job.

If you don't clay, compound, and polish, it's just not going to look that great. Zaino is a nice product in terms of ease of use and longetivity, but it's got an extremely sterile look to it (especially on a black car, which mine is,) and is completely overrated/misunderstood by most people. There is no "best" last step product out there, and when you get down to it, any wax (yes, even the cheapest bottle of stuff you can find at Wal-Mart) will look great over a surface that's been compounded and polished out properly.

I use a 7424 right now, but I've been feeling the urge to pick up a rotary. The corrective abilities are far beyond that of the PC, and it takes a fraction of the time (if you know what you're doing, of course.) Mostly use Menzerna's polishes, but will turn to Meguiar's every once in a while. I have a thing for S100 caranuba paste and Blackfire liquid sealant as my last step products. Souveran is no doubt one of the best in terms of looks, but it's poor in terms of longetivity, and it attracts a lot of dust.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:54 AM
12 Second Club

I agree with Joe, weird, I used Zano for a few years and found if you prep the paint before applying it. Like using 3M swirl mark remover to get the swirls from washing out, then Zano it shins nice.
I'd like to wetsand my Hawk but I'm scared.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:45 AM
Humanitarian

Tailwind - S100 and P21S wax are the same thing. One brand is sold for motorcycles and the other is sold for cars. Platinum and Blackfire are made by the same place too.

I have the Porter Cable random orbital that you use. I stepped up to a Cyclo. I never use my DeWalt rotary. Maybe this weekend I'll give it a shot on my Cav, not too much to do this weekend.