Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Security/Ushers wanted to kick me out of the NETS game because of my digital camera!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Security/Ushers wanted to kick me out of the NETS game because of my digital camera!

I was at the NETS game this Saturday and this 2 security/ushers at the entrance asked if my camera was a video camera. I told them it was a digital camera. This 1 security looked at my camera and saw the writing "mpeg/movieEX" so he told me to leave my camera in the car. I explained to him that it's a digital camera and I will only use it to take pictures. He said it's not allowed so I went to the other side of the arena and went it without getting harrased.

I used the my digital camera for almost the entire game before this 1 usher started screaming for me to get out. She was f*cking nasty, screaming and making me look like I commited a crime. 3 other ushers came by and asked me to leave the arena. I told them that all I have are pictures and they can look at them if they want to. I told them that most of the digital cameras now comes with movie mode. I flat out told them that I am not leaving the arena and went back to my seat. 1 usher told me not to use the camera anymore.

WTF was that? Are they being a racist or are they just plain stupid? I have a big *** sony camera and they think it's a camcorder. It even says 5Megapixels on the thing but still they dont want me to use it. The thing that bothers me most is that they were f*cking yelling at me. I happen to have a picture of the 2 ushers that started all of this. What should I do? Should I forget about it or contact the NETS organizations?
this is camera btw
I want something done so this doesn't happen again. Sorry for the long post.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow, nice camera!
I had a similar problem getting into a game once, but i was carying a gun, not a camera.
BTW you camera does look kinda like a camcorder (or a gernade launcher) with that mega lens.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:48 PM

You should have just left it in the car like you were told to at the start.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Launching!

Why should I walk back to my car and leave it if I'm only going to use it for taking pictures? I mean it's not fair for me if I have to leave mine and other can use their cameras.

another camera with mpeg option

Is it my fault they are ignorant when it comes to digital cameras?
Old 04-12-2005, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

If the Nets organization put half as much effort into signing Kenyon Martin last summer as they did giving you a hard time, they wouldn't be struggling to get into the 8th spot in the East....
Old 04-12-2005, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

i've never had a good experience with the ushers at the arena...they'll always find some little thing to bust your ***** about...at least they don't do that at the stadium
Old 04-12-2005, 09:22 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why did you say it did video when they asked. You know what the rules are, you should of just said "no, it's just a camera" and they would of left you alone. You created the hassle yourself.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
Why did you say it did video when they asked. You know what the rules are, you should of just said "no, it's just a camera" and they would of left you alone. You created the hassle yourself.
i didn't say it does video. the usher took the camera from me and started looking at it. he saw the writing mpegmovieex and thought it was a video cam instead of a digital camera. he demamded i leave it in the car. i started to explain but he freakin ignored me. if you look at other digital camera, compact or digital slr's they will have mpeg written somewhere. they need to learn about new technologies and stop acting like they own the damn place!
Old 04-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He would of never got it out of my hands. That camera looks like it's worth four months of his pay.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Launching!

He came up to me while I was taking pictures outside the arena. He grabbed it and said Im curious about this camera. I grabbed it back and that point he saw the mpegmovie writing and demanded me to leave it in the car. BTW, he is also in one of the picture that I took outside. I sent the arena an e-mail about incident and the VP of security told me to call him so they can have proper actions taken. We'll see what happens.