Old 07-21-2005, 11:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default window motor

100 bucks for anyone who will finish instaling my power window motor
Old 07-21-2005, 05:51 PM
TECH Addict

last chance before i send it to a mechanic who knows about as much as i do. its a quick 100 bucks for anyone who has done this before. i'll come to you
Old 07-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm installing one in my WS6 tonight (just started)... I'll let you know how it went. BTW I'm in upstate NY (Ithaca) so thats a little too far away for you.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

yeah i gave it a feeble attempt today but i was just tired so i'm gonna try it again next week. supposedly its not hard at all. some people have done it in about 10 minutes total. thanks though
Old 07-21-2005, 08:39 PM
Launching!

i did mine on my camaro, took about 45 mins, and if i can do it, any normal person should have it done in 20 mins or so
Old 07-21-2005, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by steves97z28
i did mine on my camaro, took about 45 mins, and if i can do it, any normal person should have it done in 20 mins or so
i couldnt install a spark plug in the cardboard box it came in. i'm gonna try again tommorow. theres so many tutorials on it that i should be able to do it i guess.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Launching!

lol i hear that, im def. far from mechanicly inclined. i think the hardest part was gettin the damn door panel on/off. its not that bad, really and thats coming from someone that sucks when it comes to working on cars. good luck man
Old 07-21-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by steves97z28
lol i hear that, im def. far from mechanicly inclined. i think the hardest part was gettin the damn door panel on/off. its not that bad, really and thats coming from someone that sucks when it comes to working on cars. good luck man
thats good to hear cause i dont have door panels on my car. i installed new speakers in my car and couldnt get them back on so i just left them off a 3 year old car with no door panels. i'm a mess
Old 07-21-2005, 09:52 PM
TECH Resident

If you were closer I would be all over this deal, unfortunately I'm near Boston. Drive to me and I'll be glad to take your money
Old 07-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Teching In

I just got finished with mine and it went pretty good. Using the search button helped out a lot as I was able to get the pic on where to dril the holes to get at the three rivets... I think I could do it in under an hour if I ever had to do it again (I hope I don't)! I love having my window screem up and down now!
Old 07-22-2005, 12:53 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by blackmur
I just got finished with mine and it went pretty good. Using the search button helped out a lot as I was able to get the pic on where to dril the holes to get at the three rivets... I think I could do it in under an hour if I ever had to do it again (I hope I don't)! I love having my window screem up and down now!
damn man, now you make me wanna go rip my car apart and get it done now. let me ask you though, did you disconnect the wires before you took out the motor itself or after? i tried to disconect the wires first and after an hour of trying to stick my fat hand in there i just gave up. maybe i should have taken the motor off first?
Old 07-24-2005, 10:26 PM
Teching In

I was able to get the wire off with a small flat head screwdriver. You don't even have to put your hands in the door to do it as you can get access through a small hole at the top side of the door. It helps to put a drop light inside the door to get some good light and see what you are doing. If you can't get the wire disconnected you can do it after it falls down (when you drill out the last rivet). There is a good pic (use the search) to show you where to drill the holes in the fiberglass to get at the three rivets (you can't see any of the rivets you need to drill out (straight on) w/o drilling these holes (I made the mistake of taking out the two big riets before I noticed what I did wrong). Good luck with the install!
Old 07-25-2005, 12:00 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by blackmur
I was able to get the wire off with a small flat head screwdriver. You don't even have to put your hands in the door to do it as you can get access through a small hole at the top side of the door. It helps to put a drop light inside the door to get some good light and see what you are doing. If you can't get the wire disconnected you can do it after it falls down (when you drill out the last rivet). There is a good pic (use the search) to show you where to drill the holes in the fiberglass to get at the three rivets (you can't see any of the rivets you need to drill out (straight on) w/o drilling these holes (I made the mistake of taking out the two big riets before I noticed what I did wrong). Good luck with the install!
thanks for the help. i bet once i get it done i'm gonna look back and say how easy it was. the next one should be a piece of cake