Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Gas just went up .17/gal!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 09:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gas just went up .17/gal!

Yep, as I was just getting done filling up the TA, 2.48 for 93 octane, the station was closing for the night & changing the prices to show a .17/gal increase.

So I "cruised" the other stations around here & they had nearly the same upped prices.
Now 93 oct is 2.65/gal on the average around here in the Lowell area!

When will it end!
Old 08-11-2005, 09:15 PM
11 Second Club

wow u guys still had 93 at 2.42? around here regular has been around 2.42 for 2 weeks now
Old 08-11-2005, 09:25 PM
CT Hotness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

right up the street from me:
reg- 2.47
prem- 2.67
...i dont really see gas going down to where it used to be (i drive by an old mobil near my house all the time and it says reg at 1.63 )
Old 08-11-2005, 09:29 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Wait... as soon as stupid W gets out of office.. and a democrat takes over again, intrest rates will go thru the roof, and gas will drop back to about 2 a gallon for reg. unleaded. This is what happens when republican's are in charge for too long.. economy sucks, intrest rates suck, lots of layoffs gas prices go nuts, then the housing market goes nutty, and a democrat takes over, gas prices go back down, and alot of banks go broke as the huge housing market will crash.. making all the 700K homes go back to 300K.... look back 20 years... not the first time this cycle has happened.

Some call it a business cycle.. I call it the republican/democrat cycle... and I'm a registered republican... which I'm sometime about.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Wait... as soon as stupid W gets out of office.. and a democrat takes over again, intrest rates will go thru the roof, and gas will drop back to about 2 a gallon for reg. unleaded. This is what happens when republican's are in charge for too long.. economy sucks, intrest rates suck, lots of layoffs gas prices go nuts, then the housing market goes nutty, and a democrat takes over, gas prices go back down, and alot of banks go broke as the huge housing market will crash.. making all the 700K homes go back to 300K.... look back 20 years... not the first time this cycle has happened.

Some call it a business cycle.. I call it the republican/democrat cycle... and I'm a registered republican... which I'm sometime about.
shut up jackass this independent republican will be waxing ur azz at the track very shortly with just bolt-ons and a TQ and gears, dont make me wipe out the bottle hehe
Old 08-11-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Resident

I'm paying 2.52 avg for 93 octane. Alot of places are up into the 2.60s for 93.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Race your car!

Know your role small fry. Whenever you are ready.. put your $$ where your mouth is.

I'll have a jug on mine probably about when you get it on yours the way it's going. What's gonna break first... your tranny/rear/driveshaft.... or mine LOL!
Old 08-11-2005, 09:40 PM
11 Second Club

Know your role small fry. Whenever you are ready.. put your $$ where your mouth is.

I'll have a jug on mine probably about when you get it on yours the way it's going. What's gonna break first... your tranny/rear/driveshaft.... or mine LOL!
u want to start making threats u know my # guy just remember my "sponsors" pockets go very deep, or should i call the bank and see how much money they will loan me with my 765 credit score... dont forget after my desert visit theres another 100 grand. so please feel free to call me and threaten me for money i dont have
Old 08-12-2005, 04:56 AM
Race your car!

NO threats for $$... I got coin to burn baby, just choose not to do it... yet Let's just run em, stop all the hype. whenever ya want... see if my old parts are faster then the new ones.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Premium here has been at $2.689/gal for 3 weeks now... consider yourself lucky... gas stations always charges more on the island
Old 08-12-2005, 06:55 AM
Race your car!

I drove by a station this morning.... 2.79 for super!?!?! Rate it's going.. turbo blue 105 at 5 bucks a gallon will be a deal. Hell when it gets to the point when it's only buck fifty or so more.. I'll probably just strait go to it what the hell right?
Old 08-12-2005, 07:04 AM
11 Second Club

ya not too mention i could have sworn i heard that oil prices had dropped earlier this week.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:28 AM
Race your car!

They did. The thing I don't like is this... if a grocery store up's their prices.. they have to leave the old # displayed.. so that the new stock can be charged at teh new price, but the old stock has to be charged at the origianl price, as the store's cost for the old stock was less... they can't just up the price on everythign because of a price increase.

A gas station.. can up or down the price 10 times a day.. and the gas in the tank could have been there for 2 weeks or more for all we know, so who's to say what they paid for it... oil priced today go up 5 bucks a barrel, the price of gas would shoot thru the roof, even though teh gas in everyone's tank has been there for a week, and was bought when the price was 5 bucks a barrel less..... that's racketeering right there if you ask me! Only reason oil is as expensive as it is right now is because of all teh rich ******** that went out and bought in oil.. and every time the price goes down, they run out an buy a ton more to try to drive the price back up so they don't lose out on their investment. Personally, I hope they find a trillion barrel supply under teh ocean somewhere, and drive the price of oil back into the 30 dollar a barrel range, send all those rich ******** to the cleaners... bout time they get some of what they give to the working man all the time.. a good scewing!
Old 08-12-2005, 07:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the guy next door just filled his oil tank in his house and paid 2.79 a gallon, wtf last year it was a dollar cheaper. i can see i am going to need more blankets this winter
Old 08-12-2005, 07:37 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gas prices wont be coming down anytime soon. We depend on other countries who arent pulling/refining enough oil and we all know, oil is run on supply demand. Our demand for oil isnt growing as it used to and countries in Asia need so much more. The countries in the Middle East set a price and an amount that they’ll produce and whoever can afford it will buy it. If they see that more people want the gas, they’ll jack the prices up and let it go to the highest bidder and if other countries are in dire need of it (growing economy), we need to compete with them. In the past, we were the super consumer and if we didn’t buy a large portion of the oil, it wouldn’t move so we got the good prices. 3.00 a gallon for super is peanuts, I ALWAYS knew it would hit that and trust me it will very soon. I'm worrying about 5.00 a gallon which I really dont think is too far off if we keep going at this rate. Regular octane used to be 1.00 not too long ago, now it's up 150%, do the math. Even now, gas prices are jumping at a higher % in a shorter amount of time every quarter. Why do you think Bush is now trying to devise alternative methods of fuel. Bush would of been the last person to me to do something like that.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:40 AM
11 Second Club

They did. The thing I don't like is this... if a grocery store up's their prices.. they have to leave the old # displayed.. so that the new stock can be charged at teh new price, but the old stock has to be charged at the origianl price, as the store's cost for the old stock was less... they can't just up the price on everythign because of a price increase.

A gas station.. can up or down the price 10 times a day.. and the gas in the tank could have been there for 2 weeks or more for all we know, so who's to say what they paid for it... oil priced today go up 5 bucks a barrel, the price of gas would shoot thru the roof, even though teh gas in everyone's tank has been there for a week, and was bought when the price was 5 bucks a barrel less..... that's racketeering right there if you ask me! Only reason oil is as expensive as it is right now is because of all teh rich ******** that went out and bought in oil.. and every time the price goes down, they run out an buy a ton more to try to drive the price back up so they don't lose out on their investment. Personally, I hope they find a trillion barrel supply under teh ocean somewhere, and drive the price of oil back into the 30 dollar a barrel range, send all those rich ******** to the cleaners... bout time they get some of what they give to the working man all the time.. a good scewing!
ya they were trying to do that in alaska. but 90 percent of the oil we produce go to where boys and girls? if u said china, japan, and other pacific asian countries u would be correct. the main supplier to us is venezuala.... i dont ask questions as i try not to further infurate my self with our higher class oil tycoons...
Old 08-12-2005, 07:41 AM
Humanitarian

I hope they find a trillion barrel supply under teh ocean somewhere
Make that on US property. I wish we had our own supply of gas and we had "in-house" pricing like the Middle East where it doesnt even cost .25 for a gallon of super. I saw a Time magazine article last year where the pump price for super was something like .15 a gallon.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:43 AM
Race your car!

Joe, you are right. But, on another note.. while we are in ICRAQ, why not sponge that country dry of every drop... leave it for what it is, a big sand dune, that way when we leave, the country won't have 2 cents to ever become a threat again..... ask me, that's what we should be doing. Hell, if our guys are gonna get killed over there, mine as well be bringing somethign back to help the rest of us out, make them being there somewhat worth while.

Hell with it.. I say convert our cars over to run on alky, we can grow enough corn and wheat here in the US to supply all the ls1 cars 1000 times over every year... and think of the power we'd be making!
Old 08-12-2005, 07:44 AM
Humanitarian

Originally Posted by Humvee z28
ya they were trying to do that in alaska. but 90 percent of the oil we produce go to where boys and girls? if u said china, japan, and other pacific asian countries u would be correct. the main supplier to us is venezuala.... i dont ask questions as i try not to further infurate my self with our higher class oil tycoons...
Nuclear reactor cars! 0-60 in 1 second, clean, light wicked fast. Just got to make that whole radioactivity thing safe
Old 08-12-2005, 07:46 AM
Race your car!

Fuel cell technology.. it's out there... just gotta stop oil companies from buying all the patents and locking them away in a indiana jone's style warehouse somewhere.