Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Got pulled over by a cop

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 12:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Speeding ticket and bad judement by a cop

Got pulled over by a cop the other nite. Was heading down wildwood NJ about 11:30 at nite. I was on 347 and its a real decent road to drive on. Surrounded by trees nice turns ect ect. So theres noone in sight and my bro tells me to open it up a bit. So i hit it for a a couple of seconds on a strait away. Get up to 79 and let go. there was a truck that came by and the cop was behind him. He swings around and follows me for about 3 damn miles. Hits his lights i pull over. First off i know from hearing that NJ Cops hate PA tags. Majority becuse people are from philly. As myself. Iam always polite with mam and sir all the time with cops. Thier job is hard and aggravaiting. My Spelling sucks. I have family that are in the philadelphia police department and i have great respect for any cop. I hand him all my stuff. He says You know i seen you coming up fast. I say yes. He says why. I told him noone was going my direction so i opened it a lil on the straight away then let off. The true duals dont help with how loud it was. He walks back to his car. Dont mean to drag the story out. He comes back and hands me 2 tickets. One speeding and one for obstruction of my rear view mirror. WTF? I will pay for the speeding ticket cause i know i was speeding. The obstruction thing is bullshit. He was statley being an ******* cause first i dont have anything near my mirror. Thats an ******* move in my part. I dont like when people are dicks. especially and officer adding a ticket that is a strait up lie. 45 Bucks they want for that ticket. I understand if i had a cd or stupid flag hanging from it but i have nothing. Iam just really pissed and letting it off on here. I wish i woulda yelled and got arrested so the ranking officer woulda seen that he gave me that bs ticket for obstructing the rear view mirror. I just sucked it up and let him do it. Now i feel like i shoulda did somthing. Hopefully this is my first offense and they let me just pay the ticket and no points get involved.

Last edited by SheaMus; 08-06-2006 at 12:55 AM.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

hey shea-

in case you dont remember me i'm the fellow that sold you the true duals. anyways, if you recall we met in Jersey and my car had NY plates. i have a NY lisense and conveniently enough NJ tickets dont transfer to my NY lisence. since i do most of my driving in NJ, i have only 3 points on my lisence which isnt bad since i have gotten more then 20 tickets in the past 4 years i've been driving. i would check up and see if PA is the same as NY in that they dont accept NJ's bullshit points. i found out by calling my DMV. good luck to you bro and forget about those ******** cops. you would be bitter too if you had to drive around in a piece of **** ford all day too

Jacob
Old 08-06-2006, 01:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was awesome that in the middle of your post your like yeah I got pulled over and then right to my spelling sucks. Seriously that sucks I mean to follow you that long and then give you a BS ticket like that. Did he explain what the obstruction was or did he just give it and leave?
Old 08-06-2006, 03:05 AM
12 Second Club

Yo jacob whats going on. Damn man 20 tickets haha. Yea must be that our plates arent yellow thats why they are dicks to us. Butta He just gave it and left. Last words he said were be careful pulling out. I shoulda went half a mile down then hit it. Then he would have a reason to give me a bs ticket like that.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

Well living in a NJ beach town for many years and living in Jersey my whole life,whenever near beach towns drive like a grandma. Tickets suck
Old 08-06-2006, 10:06 AM
10 Second Club

Do you have a sticker in the middle of your back window? If so, that is your obstruction.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:16 AM
12 Second Club

nope no sticker..i dont like doing that cause its hard enough to see out of the back anyway
Old 08-06-2006, 10:23 AM
10 Second Club

Big spoiler?
Old 08-06-2006, 10:35 AM
12 Second Club

Nope regular z28 spoiler..he just did that to break my *****
Old 08-06-2006, 10:44 AM
10 Second Club

That's pretty strange. That's almost worth going to court over.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
Well living in a NJ beach town for many years and living in Jersey my whole life,whenever near beach towns drive like a grandma. Tickets suck
I cannot agree with that statement more. I have gotten just about all of my tickets in a nj shore area. They have been for nothing serious usually but still a pain in the *** regardless. The cop was def being a dick and sucks to hear about it. Good luck with taking care of it.

-Brian
Old 08-06-2006, 10:51 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6
I cannot agree with that statement more. I have gotten just about all of my tickets in a nj shore area. They have been for nothing serious usually but still a pain in the *** regardless. The cop was def being a dick and sucks to hear about it. Good luck with taking care of it.

-Brian
Yeah true. this is a lil town..my uncle is a sgt for the philadelphia police department and he just told me its not worth fighting over..the cop is from a lil town where he knows the judge...he just gave it to me to be a dick...Just to forget bout it and pay it up
Old 08-07-2006, 12:11 AM
12 Second Club

He could have just been giving you a break, by giving you a **** ticket and they will prob throw it out in court. Thats what I woulda done send you to court make you sweat for speeding but throwing **** in like that I dont know maybe he really was just being an ******* cause there no way of proving otherwise your word versus a cop, ehhhh. Good Luck..
Old 08-07-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Addict

check if its points, if it is,fight it
Old 08-07-2006, 02:42 PM
12 Second Club

Like i said above i have great respect for cops. I always seem to get caught when im just hitting the throttle for a lil not speeding down the whole interstate. its my first ticket in NJ. how would i find out..by calling the court? aka phone number on the back of the ticket?
Old 08-07-2006, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SheaMus
Like i said above i have great respect for cops. I always seem to get caught when im just hitting the throttle for a lil not speeding down the whole interstate. its my first ticket in NJ. how would i find out..by calling the court? aka phone number on the back of the ticket?
call the PA DMV and ask if NJ points transfer to your lisence. NJ court fees are almost at crack prices
Old 08-07-2006, 02:55 PM
12 Second Club

cool thanks jacob
Old 08-07-2006, 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

haha 20 tickets later and i think im a paralegal

anytime shea
Old 08-07-2006, 03:09 PM
TECH Regular

point's are supposed to transfer. but this doesn't alway's happen. you'll basicaly taking a chance on if they'll transfer or not. two year's ago I had a ticket thant never did but there were other's that did transfer over.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

Lol i love the random "my spelling sucks" in the middle of the post that was funny.