Old 10-01-2006, 02:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4th and goal?

What were the Jets thinking?
Old 10-01-2006, 03:18 PM
11 Second Club

That was such a dumb call. If I was a Jets fan I would have been freaking out when I saw them going for it.
At least that last play was very entertaining though.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That last play looked like a play we use to pratice in highschool everyday but never got to use. It was funny, it would have been great if they pulled it off.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Stupid, Ok ignorant rookie coach. Betcha he kicks next 100 times. Plays like last play remind me of Cal/ Stanford and how hard it is to pull off. Ok who was playing his last game as Stanford QB that game?
Old 10-01-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

No one can even rip the jets coach... yes it was a bad call but he has the jets playing really good. people where saying the jets wouldnt win 4 or 5 games this year, and so far they have played really good. i personally think they shoulda took the 3pts. but they where playing the colts and figured they would need the touchdown.at least they take some chances, unlike the last few years they where soo conservative..... whatt about that onside kick in the 2nd quarter
Old 10-01-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=1RawTA]No one can even rip the jets coach... yes it was a bad call but he has the jets playing really good. people where saying the jets wouldnt win 4 or 5 games this year, and so far they have played really good. i personally think they shoulda took the 3pts. but they where playing the colts and figured they would need the touchdown.at least they take some chances, unlike the last few years they where soo conservative..... whatt about that onside kick in the 2nd quarter [/QUOTE
Ok what about the onside kick. Not the same kinda chance. Well at least we agree he should have kicked.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

I couldn't believe it I just about **** myself when I saw 'em going for it. The 103yd run back had my blood pumping, but they left way too much time on the clock for Peyton to come back Last play was almost the most unbelievable thing ever.

-J
Old 10-01-2006, 05:48 PM
11 Second Club

Yea, they did pull the onside kick in the second quarter and he should have been happy with that. He got greedy going for the touchdown. When you have a chance to take the lead against the Colts, you take it and send your defense out onto the field.

Originally Posted by BrentC5
Stupid, Ok ignorant rookie coach. Betcha he kicks next 100 times. Plays like last play remind me of Cal/ Stanford and how hard it is to pull off. Ok who was playing his last game as Stanford QB that game?
Haha, yea I was waiting for the band to start running onto the field. And was it John Elway?
Old 10-01-2006, 06:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02 Camaro SS
Yea, they did pull the onside kick in the second quarter and he should have been happy with that. He got greedy going for the touchdown. When you have a chance to take the lead against the Colts, you take it and send your defense out onto the field.

Haha, yea I was waiting for the band to start running onto the field. And was it John Elway?
Yep, you got it. last game of college career and cost him a bowl game.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:37 PM
12 Second Club

That was a hit or miss call, if the jets got the TD that coach made the move that beat the colts and since he didnt make it well now start rippin the coach on a bonehead call. You cant play decent football against the colts and expect to win, you need to play outstanding football and take chances with them such as the onside kick. I thought the jets were goin to pull it out many times but failed oh well atleast we know that the colts are beatable with a mediocre team. I thought it was kinda funny today how pennington was mocking manning on the before the snap play calling. And I will agree, I thought that last play was awesome lmao watching it definately made my day.

Search this Thread