Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhode Island Red
It's not zaino
exactly...it makes zaino look like turtle wax you retard
Old 10-18-2006, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wax - wait two weeks and its gone
Zaino - good for MONTHS + best shine out there.

Now I like my paint looking good but It's nice that the zaino will last far longer than any WAX ... Wax takes of the mountains of the paint and leaves the valleys and is not optically good as Zaino. Zaino fills the valleys and leaves the mountains and is 99.99% optically perfect (measured in laboratory). The one that does not remove paint is better (if you have no swirrels )

take that you non-believers

Last edited by Rhode Island Red; 10-18-2006 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

umm, chessy no offensive but im gonna side with joe and mike, its all joe uses and every car he has touched even you have seen and looks mint
i use it myself and it has a much better shine than zaino, theres zanio in dons garage that hasnt been looked at in over 2yrs
Old 10-18-2006, 12:21 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The one that does not remove paint is better (if you have no swirrels )

Cheesy, your reading from magazine articles. I have more experience detailing a car on a bad day then you’ll have after 30 years of Zaino. You’re going SLP style again, just because you have something and don’t know any better about anything else on the market doesn’t mean your right, as you’ve proven; in most cases you’re always wrong.

Go with the most simple and real world route. Go to a concours event and ask what people with 250,000.00 - 3,000,000.00 dollar cars use. I bet not one will say Zaino yet a good deal will say Zymol, p21s and even Meguiars. Tell them they’re idiots because they aren’t filling their “mountains and valleys” (that sounds so ridiculous) and watch them laugh at you after they explain the paint on their car is from 1940 and it looks wet enough to be wiped up with a sponge. If your “mountains and valleys” theory is true then why do I still see a shitload of orange peel on your car, orange peel is nothing but high’s and low’s of clear coat, the Zaino should be filling all that in and making your car look like glass because it’s 99.99% optically perfect right, do you honestly know what your talking about? You've gotta do a little research and think about what your saying. Dont be just another chump who bought into some sleezeballs marketing gimmick.

There is not one synthetic on the face of the planet that can even outshine a complete Meguiars product lineup. Trust me, and if you don’t, bring me the best Zaino shine and I’ll strip it, use Meguiars; not even anything nuts and I guarantee it will look better. I’ll put money on it, lots and lots of money on it.

Oh and by the way, when did you pull it out of your *** that a carnuba oil is abrasive and removes wax? P21S has not cleaning ability just like your Zaino which is why you still have a ton of swirls on your car that you had a month after you took delivery.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
http://topoftheline.com/s100motorcyclewax.html

It's usally 30.00+

(S100 and P21S are the same thing).
Hey,I'm almost out. I hope Joe buy's me some more
Old 10-18-2006, 12:33 PM
Humanitarian

I need some new Cyclo pads, some new fancy smancy Acrylic sealant spray and Meguiars stuff so once I place the order I'll get you one.

I don’t want to pay for this stuff out of my own pocket so I might have to detail someone’s car to make a few bucks.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
I need some new Cyclo pads, some new fancy smancy Acrylic sealant spray and Meguiars stuff so once I place the order I'll get you one.

I don’t want to pay for this stuff out of my own pocket so I might have to detail someone’s car to make a few bucks.
Just buy it you cheap *****

The HOT red Z needs the body lines rubbed
Old 10-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Humanitarian

everything i want is going to be like 125.00, i'm not spending my car money on that crap, i need parts dammit. someone must want their car detailed.

oh don you should of seen that ****, i was looking at the z from my window one story up and it was looking sweet. then when i was coming up from the laundry room in the basement i saw the car as it was higher than me, you should of seen the angle i caught of the rear quarter hanging over the tire, i got a little nuts ........ and a day later i need to spend 125.00 to make that quarter look better. she isnt getting rubbed, her skin is gonna get massaged by the cyclo, then i gonna work off the old **** with a good polish, then put on a good base of glaze and give her some synthetic make up. she's gonna be one hot bitch you wait and see. i'm even gonna clean the inisde of the rims, wait till you see the face and bowl of the rim spotless, your gonna go nuts don.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

me and joe are testing out some new inexenspive crap, big test on my car this weekend, we already did a little on the cobalt and it came out really good. Should be interesting
Old 10-18-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wax - wait two weeks and its gone
Zaino - good for MONTHS + best shine out there.

Now I like my paint looking good but It's nice that the zaino will last far longer than any WAX ... Wax takes of the mountains of the paint and leaves the valleys and is not optically good as Zaino. Zaino fills the valleys and leaves the mountains and is 99.99% optically perfect (measured in laboratory). The one that does not remove paint is better (if you have no swirrels )

I havent washed my camaro in a month and the shine makes yours look like marcels skin. Oily and black
Old 10-18-2006, 01:43 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by PurEvl
me and joe are testing out some new inexenspive crap, big test on my car this weekend, we already did a little on the cobalt and it came out really good. Should be interesting
Now,come do the pimp orange truck then
Old 10-18-2006, 01:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Now,come do the pimp orange truck then
I will once i see how all the steps (5 of them) come out. Truck wont be too hard. Me and joe fly when we do it together
Old 10-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Humanitarian

i could use another lab rat, mike's little car first cause it's black and a real test, then your truck don. mike needs his car done outside anyhow and it's getting cold, your truck can be pulled inside and dont next weekend (if it's too cold).

can i just powerwash the interior?
Old 10-18-2006, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PurEvl
I havent washed my camaro in a month and the shine makes yours look like marcels skin. Oily and black
welp, I'm glad for ya. When My car shines it's miles deep, Once had a minivan driver nearly kill himself staring at the hawk as he nearly rear ended another car... even then the guy was still suffering from drop-jaw while staring at the hawk. I receive nothing but comments and people are surprised it's 5 years old.

Oh and BTW It's been under a car cover the entire time, with the car cover constantly doing it's nastiness to the paint. Bobcat mutants (Bobtail cats) regularly climb over the vehicle - thus the car cover (I'm ready to try the laser gun fromhalo II) Despite all that, the paint is awesome. I give Dieso another 6 or so months and he'll be moving on to something else claiming its the greatest. I've stayed with Zaino for 5 + years so far so good)

I've tried the mothers, and other stuff on my beaters... maybe I'll do a 50/50 test ont the beater and see what is better ... I'm open minded

Oh and Dieso, my paint was baby bottom smooth due to using a clay bar...last April. Any brand clay bar will do the trick
Old 10-18-2006, 02:17 PM
Humanitarian

Umm, your open minded and willing to try other stuff but you've been using Zaino for 5 years? Your weird.

I keep trying new things and guess what, the cars I detail just keep looking better and better. You have the same 5 year old shine on your Hawk. Try to layer on more than 2-3 coats of Zaino and your doing nothing but wasting product, the shine doesn’t layer and look any better past that. I’ve exhausted the shine of Zaino and it’s led me to find something better. I spend the money on all kinds of stuff because when I detail a 100,000.00 Benz and the owner tells me it's the best detail his car got since he had it and he gives me 250.00 just for the exterior and another 100.00 for a tip, you know you exhausted all options out there to find the best shine. When something new comes out you try it because if you want the best shine you need to spend money and try new stuff. Look how much Mike spent on his car trying to find the perfect combo. Like you said, your car is "so far so good", I'm not looking for that, I want the best there is to offer.

As far as clay bars go, try a Meguiars clay bar and watch it crumble in your fingers, then get a Meguiars aggressive body shop bar and watch it permanently mess up your paint then get a Mothers and watch it not work at well as Clay Magic and watch the Zaino as it’s easier to handle than Clay Magic. Any bar will do if you don’t mind streaking or having to make 15+ passes on one section of the paint but you wouldn’t know that because all you use is Zaino. Your experience outside of that one product is about 2 hours of reading nerds posting about what they "think" will work because of their theories.

Oh and if you knew what smooth paint was you’d know that the entire front of your car and rear bumper feel like crap. The upper half of your fenders, doors and rear quarters feel smooth. Go outside right now and feel it because I did this past Saturday.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

welp, I'm glad for ya. When My car shines it's miles deep, Once had a minivan driver nearly kill himself staring at the hawk as he nearly rear ended another car... even then the guy was still suffering from drop-jaw while staring at the hawk. I receive nothing but comments and people are surprised it's 5 years old.

Oh and BTW It's been under a car cover the entire time, with the car cover constantly doing it's nastiness to the paint. Bobcat mutants (Bobtail cats) regularly climb over the vehicle - thus the car cover (I'm ready to try the laser gun fromhalo II) Despite all that, the paint is awesome. I give Dieso another 6 or so months and he'll be moving on to something else claiming its the greatest. I've stayed with Zaino for 5 + years so far so good)

I've tried the mothers, and other stuff on my beaters... maybe I'll do a 50/50 test ont the beater and see what is better ... I'm open minded

Oh and Dieso, my paint was baby bottom smooth due to using a clay bar...last April. Any brand clay bar will do the trick
i like the comedy in the post but if you want to put your car against mine, which is driven in snow and abused by don, shine for shine you can use zaino and i will use off the shelf ****....we can see whos looks better.

And cheesy heres a pic of my car brand new with zaino on it...800 miles on the clock, and heres the car 3 years later after joe used just off the shelf crappy 3m ****....can ya see a difference cheeseball? You car has never and never will look like that...dont even think for a minute it has..game over floppytits
Attached Thumbnails P21S wax on sale-new.jpg   P21S wax on sale-covershot.jpg  

Last edited by PurEvl; 10-18-2006 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:43 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I prefer to use Menzerna intense polish after a good clay bar, then follow that up with final polish and then Menzerna FMJ. I use a porter cable as well and I noticed a huge difference going to the Menzerna after using Mother's for a while. This was on a black Saab that was brand spanking new. It had the typical factory swirl marks and the mother's could not get rid of them. Using the menzerna IP, along with a mild cutting pad, I was able to reduce the swirls by approximately 95%. Not perfect, but the best you can get with a random orbit polisher.

The nice thing about the Menzerna IP and FP, is that they don't leave any residue behind. They are strictly polishes, meaning their job is to make the clear coat as optically pure as possible.

Granted the Zaino may be "Optically pure" when first applied, but I gaurantee it oxidizes and that optical purity is then reduced. Ask me how I know.... cause I'm a freakin chemist who deals with analyzing compounds using UV-vis and HPLC technology. It's what I do.

The only reason we put a wax or sealant on the car is to keep the clear coat layer from oxidizing, but the last thing I want to do is add crap to the "peaks and valleys" that can oxidize as well.

Now I'm not saying Menzerna is the best because I haven't used enough other products to make that claim, but I know for sure it's damn good.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I prefer to use Menzerna intense polish after a good clay bar, then follow that up with final polish and then Menzerna FMJ. I use a porter cable as well and I noticed a huge difference going to the Menzerna after using Mother's for a while. This was on a black Saab that was brand spanking new. It had the typical factory swirl marks and the mother's could not get rid of them. Using the menzerna IP, along with a mild cutting pad, I was able to reduce the swirls by approximately 95%. Not perfect, but the best you can get with a random orbit polisher.

The nice thing about the Menzerna IP and FP, is that they don't leave any residue behind. They are strictly polishes, meaning their job is to make the clear coat as optically pure as possible.

Granted the Zaino may be "Optically pure" when first applied, but I gaurantee it oxidizes and that optical purity is then reduced. Ask me how I know.... cause I'm a freakin chemist who deals with analyzing compounds using UV-vis and HPLC technology. It's what I do.

The only reason we put a wax or sealant on the car is to keep the clear coat layer from oxidizing, but the last thing I want to do is add crap to the "peaks and valleys" that can oxidize as well.

Now I'm not saying Menzerna is the best because I haven't used enough other products to make that claim, but I know for sure it's damn good.
cools stuff, you ever compare it to ps21? Or other brands, thats some real world info right there...thanks