Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dyno and Tune day sponsored by HPE, Dec. 2nd in Norwalk, CT

What: Dyno/Tune day

When: Saturday December 2nd at 9:00 AM

Where: "The Shop" www.theshopct.com

321 Westport Ave
Norwalk, CT 06851
Phone: 203-847-5791

How much: 2 pulls for 75, complete dyno tune for 375. Tune done by Chuck from HPE, tuner of the fastest most powerful C6 ZO6's in the world.

www.horsepowerengineering.com
Phone: 832-202-4115

Who's Welcome: Everybody, tunes available for all LS1, LS2, LS6, and LS7 based vehicles.

Please RSVP so we know about how many to expect.

Thanks, and look forward to seeing everybody there!
Old 11-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How about offering some HPE packages?

Hi! I live in CT, but I'm not familiar with this dyno -can't make it this December. Will you offer this collaboration again in the future? Just an idea: How about offering some HPE packages/Texas prices at this shop. New England could use a shop with Southern style packages and pricing. Just a thought.....
Old 11-25-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99Andrew
Hi! I live in CT, but I'm not familiar with this dyno -can't make it this December. Will you offer this collaboration again in the future? Just an idea: How about offering some HPE packages/Texas prices at this shop. New England could use a shop with Southern style packages and pricing. Just a thought.....
You should give The Shop a call and ask about some packages. They have done a few of my friends cars recently, just tell them what you want and they can do it.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have never heard of "the shop".

Are spectators aloud to just cruise down and check it out?

Last edited by thechef; 11-29-2006 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Are spectators aloud to just cruise down and check it out?[/QUOTE]
I can't see why not. There is a taco bell next door so we can enjoy some authentic mexican entree's
I'll bring the beer!

Last edited by thechef; 11-29-2006 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:51 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Andrew
Obviously you haven't looked around New England
Old 11-26-2006, 07:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=ws6on19s big jim does have a pretty sick "stock" porsche though EroC[/QUOTE]
I didnt know Porsches came with parachutes
Old 11-26-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dave88z
I can't see why not. There is a taco bell next door so we can enjoy some authentic mexican entree's
I'll bring the beer!
sounds like a plan....I might get a couple buds together and snoop around there
Old 11-27-2006, 10:01 AM
TECH Addict

my god, this thread is harsh. poor chuck is trying to hook up some CT guys and the thread is getting torn apart. that's just not right.

but that's just my opinion. carry on. lol
Old 11-27-2006, 11:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ws6on19s
I dont know how the guy is as a mechanic but as a person hes an *******....
just dont ask him to race he'll want you to give him a running start from 3 cars back even though his porsche makes over 900rwhp
I have gone to jimmy for years with different cars. I had an issue with my TA while it was at another shop during the summer and he went out on a limb to get me some answers for me. If you havent gotten any work done by him I don’t understand how you can post about him. If you had an issue with him during a street I don’t see how its relevant in this situation. As someone else put it he “tells it like it is”, I will probably stop by the dyno day on Saturday.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Staging Lane

All this coming from a guy whos car makes no power.Jimmys a great guy and just cause he wants spots in a race doesnt make him an *******.If thats what you think,go to NY and try and get a race,You have no clue jackass.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

I might go down there, only 10 min from my house.. I dont know the owner but I have delivered parts down there. Some sick cars I guess, most european and jap cars. I guess ill find out my own personal experience about the owner and his business. All I know he has a new ZO6 all done up, the porsche with the parachute, and a RHD skyline
Old 11-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Jimmy is a super nice guy.Hes just cocky when it comes to people wanting to race him.WS6on19s is just jealous cause he knows even when the 150 shot gets here hell still need a 10 car lead to make it a tie race
Old 11-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Staging Lane

I bet your the kind of guy who meets a girl and then forgets about his friends But obviously dont know much about street racing at all with that response.
Hey if you dont like what he has to say you walk away and dont race.I got a heads up race for your 10.0 LS1 with a 95 mustang if your interested.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dave88z
I guess you had a bad experience with them? Who tuned your car, was it a big fat guy. When my buddy brought his 03 Cobra in for a dyno run, this fat *** Evo/Sti tuner was there talking ****! I have never had a problem w/Jimmy, he just tells it like it is.
Just for your future refernce, my name is Big Al and I must be that "big fat guy" to whom you make reference.

I for one would think I am a position to talk some **** as I have a 3300 pound street driven and registered Evo 8 (4 cyl 2.0 L) which went 9.8 @ 150 mph this summer on dot radial tires.

Also, as you may be aware my car has appeared on the cover of many major magzine publications, including Turbo Magzine, etc, has been sponsored by many major vendors etc. My car was at both the SEMA East (Primedia) and West (Exedy) shows last year. I have a trophy case full of first and second place thropies including a NHRA "Best Appearing Car" award from 2004.

Its always amusing to find that some pathetic looser has internet ***** to post garbage on the internet behind my back yet smiles like a school girl in my presence.

As a car person, it never ceases to amaze me all the haters and cowards who like to post crap on the interenet and who have nothing positive to contribute.

Here we have a world class facility - The Shop - who has a brand new AWD Dyno Dynamics Dyno who is bringing one of the USA's best tuners here to tune customers vehicles at a resonable rate. I don't think that this is a place for buffons to take pot shots at these gentleman and trade insults.

If you have something to say about my trash talking you can bring your POS down here and line it up and we will see who's car is tuned by the better man.

Al
Old 11-27-2006, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ouch...thats gotta hurt. who wants to bring the popcorn to this show?

-Brian
Old 11-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ws6on19s
I dont know how the guy is as a mechanic but as a person hes an *******....
just dont ask him to race he'll want you to give him a running start from 3 cars back even though his porsche makes over 900rwhp
From what I hear about the situation where Jimmy was driving a street driven full stock body and interior Porsche with pump gas and you bring a trailed trans am with a full cage, slicks and skinnys - basically a full race car - which is why he asked for 3 cars from behind

If you did not want the race - you were free to decline

I think YOU are the ******* posting garbage on the internet about the situation 3 years later

Especially as you were not even the owner of the car - you had some other trans am that was there but apparently your car was not up for the task

I would suggest you go try and get laid
Old 11-27-2006, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

Hey Al,Are you the guy the I see at pruven?
Seen some pretty impressive stuff with your tunes.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KLHAMMETT
Hey Al,Are you the guy the I see at pruven?
Seen some pretty impressive stuff with your tunes.
Yes, I was tuning at Pruven for the past 5 years from the day they were the 1st AWD dyno jet in the North East, I was one of the first customers there with my ole 2002 WRX and later I started tuning Evos professionally

6 weeks ago Jimmy took delivery of his brand new Dyno Dynamics AWD dyno

When I was called there to render my reflashing services (of factory ecus) I discovered how far advanced the Dyno Dynamics dyno is compared to the Dyno Jet and how all the Dyno Dynamic's advanced loading and data logging features enabled a higher quality tuning result. Simply put the Dyno Dynamics is the best dyno available and I have used all the dynos available from land and sea, dyno jet, mustang, dyno pack and super flow.

That is when I decided to join forces with The Shop and do all my tuning there on the advanced Dyno Dynamics dyno.

I want to add this thought to my comments here

I have known Jimmy for 5 years

He is without a doubt one of the best if not the best mechanic I have seen in action.

It pains me to see idiots attacking his work who have no clue what he is doing at his world class facility.

After all - Jimmy was going 9.50 @ 161 10 years ago and won 3 IDRC street tire races in a row back in the day when the IDRC was something

Jimmy is a polite and generous guy who will give you the shirt off his back - he is not a trash talker on the internet like myself and yet some clown is still taking time to attack him because he would not street race him (on his terms) 3 years ago heads up with a street car against a race car.

Hopefully, some of the people in the local area will come down and say hello to Jimmy and take a look at his wonderful facilites and see what kind of guy he really is.

I know I will be there on Sat to watch master Chuck work his tuning magic and try and learn a few new tricks.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dyno Flash
I know I will be there on Sat to watch master Chuck work his tuning magic and try and learn a few new tricks.
I saw your car in the Primedia booth. Look forward to meeting you.

Chuck @ HPE