Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

.50 cals banned in NJ!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To me, there's no use for them and I could care less if they get banned. Why the hell would you need it?

Is it a slippery slope? Maybe, but most people can see the difference and you look kinda foolish defending the right to own and anti-vehicle weapon.

Tim, not as much as the gun you posted.

I would rather see the money go towards gun education, personally. I think people need to be more responsible with thier weapons, but that's kinda hard to regulate. So legislating and restricting ownership is the next best thing.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:09 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by obsolete346
To me, there's no use for them and I could care less if they get banned. Why the hell would you need it?

Is it a slippery slope? Maybe, but most people can see the difference and you look kinda foolish defending the right to own and anti-vehicle weapon.

Tim, not as much as the gun you posted.

I would rather see the money go towards gun education, personally. I think people need to be more responsible with thier weapons, but that's kinda hard to regulate.
Thats exactly the problem... Personal responsibility. I have a rather large collection of what many people would call "scary looking guns". And I've been told that they are dangerous to have in the house. As of this morning none of them have jumped out of the safe and clubbed me in the face. A gun is a tool, for hunting, protection, or sport... You can't lay the blame on a mixture of plastic, metal and wood.

Banning guns to prevent crime is like banning condoms to prevent sex before marrige... Do you really think either one is going to work? People are going to do what they want.

I know many people could care less if these guns get banned... but thats why I will support my right to own them... Anti-vehicle weapon... Here ya go.

.50bmg M2 & my little brother having load of fun cutting down tree's.

I don't expect you to understand how much fun it is... It's like trying to explain to a hybrid owner how much fun a 9-second pass is...

Last edited by Nautilus; 03-06-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

My dad actually has a 50 caliber in his collection, and it is a very nice weapon. He bought it at hoffman's in CT a few years back when the talks of stuff like that becoming illegal, that way he has one just to have it.

It is an awesome weapon to fire... but if you really want to shoot a BIG gun, my mom and I bought him an elephant gun about 6 years ago, he has always wanted to go on a safari hunt and we figured if we got him the gun then maybe he would go. Still hasn't gone, but firing that thing at the gun range is a sight. Usually when we go he brings it with him if we go on a saturday, and if there's alot of people there he will fire it once. The bullets that it uses are 32 dollars a piece LOL... usually one blast of that scares the **** out of everyone in the place. It throws a flame about 8 feet long out the barrel heh heh.... good stuff.

As for the laws outlawing guns of any type.. it's really pointless. If someone wants to kill someone, there's so many things you can get at a local hardware store to do the job that it's kinda pointless. Guns are just a tool to a person that wants to commit a murder like a wrench is to a mechanic, it's easy to grab and use, and if you can't get the wrench you want, you can usually find another type that will work. Same thing to a killer, if he can't get a gun, then a rope, knife, bat, whatever will be used instead.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by obsolete346
Also think about what damage a law abiding citizen who snaps could do with a .50 machine gun and say a .30-06.
Think about what that law abiding citizen could do with an automobile. Your argument holds no weight. What does someone want with a .50 cal? It's none of your business, that's what. If you research what the real purpose of the Second Amendment is you will find it is not to go rabbit hunting or to shoot paper targets
Old 03-06-2007, 12:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Think about what that law abiding citizen could do with an automobile. Your argument holds no weight. What does someone want with a .50 cal? It's none of your business, that's what. If you research what the real purpose of the Second Amendment is you will find it is not to go rabbit hunting or to shoot paper targets
Good point. the idea of the second amendment is for the states to have their own militias in order to prevent the federal forces from ever taking forcible control over the states.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:06 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by WJ SOM SS
What about the 15 yr. old kid who gets into his old man's gun closet and puts on his trenchcoat, goes to school and starts lighting the place up? Maybe that's part of the reason for the ban....What's the purpose of a .50 cal anyway? Too many young kids getting ahold of high power weapons and killing w/them. Just a opinion from the other side.... WJ
I'm just going to pretened you aren't that ignorant and didn't say that...
Old 03-06-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

whats the point of having a .50 cal?
same thing could be asked about whats the point of having more horsepower.

because its fun, and we can. well in most states anyway.

i'm so tired of these liberal ****** trying to skew the truth by giving the media incorrect data. I'm tired of the media being so ******* liberal and not doing research on topics and actually reporting on something with facts from legit sources. It causes all the sheeple to believe that anything with a magazine is a fully automatic weapon ment for slaughtering people in public places.

Molon Labe!
if you don't know what that means go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molon_labe

whats next, outlawing CO2 cartridge nail guns because they could potentially be used for the wrong purpose and you don't need a license to buy one?
Old 03-06-2007, 12:30 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by brad8266
Good point. the idea of the second amendment is for the states to have their own militias in order to prevent the federal forces from ever taking forcible control over the states.

GO READ HISTORY. Looks like I need to educate some people. I have a good article that spells out the actual articles and satutes of State constitutions.

I believe...even Massachusits' Article reads to the effect "The right of the people to bear arms, is nessecary for the security of the INDIVIDUAL and the state."

There are many other states that have constitutions that read this way.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sb427f-car

GO READ HISTORY. Looks like I need to educate some people. I have a good article that spells out the actual articles and satutes of State constitutions.

I believe...even Massachusits' Article reads to the effect "The right of the people to bear arms, is nessecary for the security of the INDIVIDUAL and the state."

There are many other states that have constitutions that read this way.
Ok, Mr Know it all there are so many different "articles" that can explain the same thing in 10 different ways.

Exactly what i said, for the protection of the state and also for the individual. the state needs to be protected from the federal government too.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:33 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by -Freak-
whats the point of having a .50 cal?
same thing could be asked about whats the point of having more horsepower.

because its fun, and we can. well in most states anyway.

i'm so tired of these liberal ****** trying to skew the truth by giving the media incorrect data. I'm tired of the media being so ******* liberal and not doing research on topics and actually reporting on something with facts from legit sources. It causes all the sheeple to believe that anything with a magazine is a fully automatic weapon ment for slaughtering people in public places.

Molon Labe!
if you don't know what that means go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molon_labe

whats next, outlawing CO2 cartridge nail guns because they could potentially be used for the wrong purpose and you don't need a license to buy one?

Exactly...what does anyone really need in life.

Here's a fun stat...the highest rate of accidental gun deaths per capita (per 100k) was in 1904. Gun deaths by accident are down an astounding, 60 some % in the last decade and gun ownership (estimated around 80,000,000 here in the USA) is at an all time high. Right..."it's the guns"

BTW: There is a .50 cal shooters association. Truth be known...many of these club members have worked closely with the military to develop the balistics our men in combat are using to engage the terrorists in Afganistan and Iraq. They hold 1000 yard matches with precision you could not imagine.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:34 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Ok, Mr Know it all there are so many different "articles" that can explain the same thing in 10 different ways.

Exactly what i said, for the protection of the state and also for the individual. the state needs to be protected from the federal government too.

HAHA...my bad...a few individuals have my blood pressure up. Know the facts, and the truth may set you free...
Old 03-06-2007, 12:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sb427f-car

HAHA...my bad...a few individuals have my blood pressure up. Know the facts, and the truth may set you free...
No problem man, i know its too easy to get boiling blood from some on the net sometimes.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Teching In

I owned a Barrett single shot .50 bmg for about 6 months. It was not a matter of it being legal to own but 99% of the ranges around here will not let you fire something that large. I ended up selling it. They are more of a novelty item. Mine is bigger than yours type of thing.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:04 PM
11 Second Club

great sig

Old 03-06-2007, 01:05 PM
12 Second Club

hitler started banning guns in germany before the holucost supposedly for the citizens safety sake. then when people were getting rounded up for death camps they didnt have any real weapons to defend themselves.....interesting......
Old 03-06-2007, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by z28convert
hitler started banning guns in germany before the holucost supposedly for the citizens safety sake. then when people were getting rounded up for death camps they didnt have any real weapons to defend themselves.....interesting......
again, Molon Labe!

Thanks Mr. B, but i can't take the credit.
Bad95Killer is the man when it comes to stuff like that.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ban stupid people, not guns.
I can kill more people with a chainsaw than a .50cal sniper rifle.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Steel Chicken
ban stupid people, not guns.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mr. B
1st off.. I am VERY pro-gun.

However- what the HELL does one need a 50 cal weapon for?

2nd- Most buyers will be surprised to hear that no ranges will appreciate a 50 cal AP round wizzing downrange to the tune of *miles*

3rd- The cost associated with the 50 cal (unless you reload, like I did) will be astronomical.

For those who ain't gun folks- the 50 cal is on the left:

Get a really nice bolt action or the new AR "black guns" with a nice barrel, buy surplus ammo, and have a blast.
who are you the Ayatollah? Who are you to tell anyone the reasons they should have for owning a .50 caliber weapon? Why don't you start telling them what car to drive, or how to dress within the constraints of your personal beliefs? a 1 km range is perfectly designed for a .50 caliber, as thats where they are fired, not the 100 yard range , and ALL ranges have these giant mounds of earth called BIRMS because even lowly .223 and .308 can go beyond a km and kill at those ranges. I can think of a legitimate sporting purpose, match competitions at the 1 mile mark. .50 caliber surplus is cheaper than larger caliber commercial hunting ammo. I think the real question is WHO THE HELL NEEDS RIDICULOUS POLITICIANS STRIPPING YOUR RIGHTS AWAY. Between the Patriot Act and Oppressive Gun Control, Americans are going to become slaves to their government, no thanks, I chose the constitution...
Old 03-06-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

1. NJ is the land of liberalism. I grew up in that cesspool and left and will never go back.
2. They take .50 cal now, so whats to say sooner or later they dont ban .30 caliber, and then eventually they ban handguns. Once they have the power to ban one they can potentially ban all they want. its all about liberals and their need for power and control.
Wait until the day when we have no rights at all, oh wait, is that not what we are essentially living right now. Our rights have been seized, and no one seems to do anything about it