TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Halloween was a good movie
Old 09-02-2007, 07:43 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
Halloween was a good movie
lol, well im actually goin with alot of people from my second job (american eagle) which is mostly chicks. Just an excuse to hang around hot chicks so my eyes will prolly be wandering..but hopefully ill catch some of the movie
Old 09-02-2007, 07:44 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by grifter757
Think I might cruise to Pungo today.
Pungo? What that.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

last call for next weekend. RFP cruise around the DC beltway. Huge event every year that is made into a dvd. cory, from the f-bodyhideout is the one who heads it up. If u want to go, we are going to meet at BPS at around 8:00 in the morning and cruise up. pm me ur cell phone numbers and names so i can get ahold of u incase of any changes.-Darren-571-229-2850.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Pharm0r
which car was yours?
The silver Formula and Monterey red C6.

Originally Posted by Pharm0r
Pungo? What that.
BFE VB, Boonyville of the Beach, nice roads to get in trouble on. Most likely full of bikes today.

Even though the stock gaskets are "reusable" I always put a little RTV around them when I reinstall them. Is it leaking more or less on one side? Then I would think it's the gasket vice the weep hole. Feel up in the pulley to see if it's wet in there, if not it's just a gasket.

As for the miss, I would suspect the intake not seated right, runs OK in open loop then in closed the MAF is not seeing the air. Look at the intake and make sure it's down all the way in the back.

Make sure all the plug wires are on tight and clicked twice to make sure they are in place.

Feel around the back of the engine to make sure nothing got pinched putting the intake down and around the headers to make sure nothing melted. Make sure everything is plugged in right. Like that purge connector on the diver side of the intake.

The PCM will turn the SES light on the 3rd time the problem is detected.

If I was on that side of the water I would scan it. My plate is full today and tomorrow.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:37 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I1ULUZ
Nice turn out this evening. I don't understand the need to bring trailer queens out Shouldn't they be at the track vice a local cruise spot?

Whats wrong with trailer queens? I think they deserve to be seen too.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Oh and all those interest in the Dyno day it has changed to the 15th. PM me for more details.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:58 AM
TECH Junkie

im on duty today, so i cant even look at it until tomorrow...

the car ran fine all day and night last night. Lee and Ryan were following Sean and I while we were racing and said they smelled coolant, and the exhuast was 'sparking.' When we pulled over, i got out the flash light and looked under the hood, and under the car and no coolant was leaking. I figured it was just coolant burning off from before. The exhaust is still open headers with 16'' extensions on there (have ran them many times before with no problem) and I assume the 'sparking' they saw was the extenstion hitting the underbody of the car since I know the driver side is like 1/8'' from the body...

It ran great all day and night minus some idle hunting (nothing major), until the drive home, and no coolant was leaking until the morning. And when we pulled the WP off, only one of the gaskets was actually there (gasket maker was used), so when we put it back on, i only used gasket maker on it (and i also used the gasket maker on the coolant crossover pipe under the intake). Im not sure if its leaking from the weep hole or not, as i didnt have time to check it all out...

I check the plug wires this morning and they were good (i only had like 2 mins or i wouldve been late for work).
Old 09-02-2007, 09:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by twinturboz28
i dont think anything is 'wrong' with trailer queens....but i think its badass to see a car thats considered a trailer queen to be driving down the street. Even if you just park the trailer down the street by BJs in that parking lot, and then drive it to BPS..
Old 09-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by twinturboz28
I don't think anyone should sell anything there either, it's not a flea market. That was the beginning of the end at Jenro's.

Driving a car to and from track is bonus points vice being trailered there, on the other hand being a taken to a hangout spot on a trailer makes it less impressive.

The old BB Chevy truck and 55 shoebox were a couple of the more impressive rides out there last night.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

I don't think anyone should sell anything there either, it's not a flea market. That was the beginning of the end at Jenro's.

Driving a car to and from track is bonus points vice being trailered there, on the other hand being a taken to a hangout spot on a trailer makes it less impressive.

The old BB Chevy truck and 55 shoebox were a couple of the more impressive rides out there last night.

To tell ya the truth im prob going to trailer mine out when she is done again......

Not because i have to, but because i want to......
Part of it is i know ill get better mileage towing it with the Durango then i would driving it....and the 2nd part is i dont want to wear out parts faster....

I really dont care about street driving anymore.... I think i proved it could be done before...........................

Chris,

You didnt reuse the head gaskets did you???
You didnt order new water pump gaskets? There under $10 bucks man....
Ive seen quite a few leaks there by trying to use RTV instead of the double sided gaskets...

What did ya TQ the heads to???

Kyle
Old 09-02-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
To tell ya the truth im prob going to trailer mine out when she is done again......

Not because i have to, but because i want to......
Part of it is i know ill get better mileage towing it with the Durango then i would driving it....and the 2nd part is i dont want to wear out parts faster....

I really dont care about street driving anymore.... I think i proved it could be done before...........................

Chris,

You didnt reuse the head gaskets did you???
You didnt order new water pump gaskets? There under $10 bucks man....
Ive seen quite a few leaks there by trying to use RTV instead of the double sided gaskets...

What did ya TQ the heads to???

Kyle
hell no we didnt reuse the head gaskets.lol.

the water pump has been on there with the gasket maker for a few years...so i didnt think twice about it this time.

we did the heads like this:

Using the sequence illustrated above, torque all 10 15mm bolts to 22lb-ft.

Ok, now for a GREAT tip from Scott99Z. Take a felt tip marker and draw a horizontal line on the head of each bolt. This is very important.

Now, using the sequence illustrated above, turn all 10 15mm bolts an additional 90 degrees using a large socket wrench and a lot of muscle. Try to get as close to 90 degreees as possible...you may have to do multiple turns of 30 degrees or 2 turns of 45 degrees. When done all the lines on the bolt heads should be totally vertical.

Next, again using the sequence above, turn bolts 1 through 8 another 90 degrees. This will take an immense amount of effort...if you have a buddy helping both of you should turn the wrench simultanoiusly. These 8 bolts will now all have horizontal lines on them

Using the sequence above, turn bolts 9 and 10 an additional 50 degrees. Again, this will take a lot of effort. 50 degrees should result in a diagonal line on the bolts

Finally, using the sequence above, torque bolts 11 through 15 to 22 lb-ft.

and will the CEL come on if the WP is leaking? It came on when i forgot to hook up the hose to the TB...

Last edited by 99FormulaM6; 09-02-2007 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:05 PM
FormerVendor

I agree with selling things there.As far as the trailer,driving it there doesnt make the car any better or cooler.I had an 8 sec street car 10 years ago,but by 6sec trailer car is way better.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:23 PM
TECH Regular

I was just pissed that the dude selling stuff didnt even have a transam diecast car.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got to meet some of the folks last night although I only know of Chris and Chad who I talked to. I will be able to get there a few more times this season before things shut down so will be able to hopefully meet the rest of the possee...ok, I mean group.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ssgunny
Got to meet some of the folks last night although I only know of Chris and Chad who I talked to. I will be able to get there a few more times this season before things shut down so will be able to hopefully meet the rest of the possee...ok, I mean group.

It really doesnt shut down..... the Old guys stop coming out and thats better anyways.... the old guys are the communist ones that lay out the Yellow caution tape and try and say who can park where.....
All of us still come out even when its cold out....

Rain is the only thing that stops us LOL
Kyle
Old 09-02-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Got some work done on the car today.....

car lost 20lbs
I was thinking to myself...... why does my loud *** car have a $1200 component set in it that i cant hear..LOL
Il be posting up some things for sale.....
Anyone want a HUGE Bell Air to Air Intercooler LOL

Kyle
Old 09-02-2007, 05:48 PM
TECH Regular

LOL...yeah...when we got there we saw the little rope was on the ground so we (my friend and i) drove right past the old guys and parked over in the corner, damn did we get some looks! we were just WAITING for the old dudes to come up and say we needed to get on the other side of the caution tape
Old 09-02-2007, 08:36 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Got some work done on the car today.....

car lost 20lbs
I was thinking to myself...... why does my loud *** car have a $1200 component set in it that i cant hear..LOL
Il be posting up some things for sale.....
Anyone want a HUGE Bell Air to Air Intercooler LOL

Kyle
now if i could just get you to keep from eating 8 sandwiches at every sitting and we can make some headway on getting your car lighter.

that intercooler isnt that big-kinda small

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads People. In Here...