Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hampton Roads People. In Here...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twinturboz28
now if i could just get you to keep from eating 8 sandwiches at every sitting and we can make some headway on getting your car lighter.

that intercooler isnt that big-kinda small

Hey now...... i only ate 3...
Old 09-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just found this in the forsale section!!!! Super clean anyone need a new ride!!
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-sale-lsx-powered-only/776233-cammed-99-t-m6-58k-miles-fs.html
Old 09-03-2007, 07:31 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
To tell ya the truth im prob going to trailer mine out when she is done again......

Not because i have to, but because i want to......
Part of it is i know ill get better mileage towing it with the Durango then i would driving it....and the 2nd part is i dont want to wear out parts faster....

I really dont care about street driving anymore.... I think i proved it could be done before...........................

Kyle
Is that why the last setup didn't last very long, driving it on the street too much?

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
It really doesnt shut down..... the Old guys stop coming out and thats better anyways.... the old guys are the communist ones that lay out the Yellow caution tape and try and say who can park where.....
All of us still come out even when its cold out....

Rain is the only thing that stops us LOL
Kyle
If it's on the trailer why worry about rain

The old guys never have said anything to us about where to park this summer, last summer I noticed it but not this year.

And they are the guys that set it up with BPS so we could hang out there, instead of giving them ****, a THANKS should be in order.

I agree with selling things there.As far as the trailer,driving it there doesnt make the car any better or cooler.I had an 8 sec street car 10 years ago,but by 6sec trailer car is way better.
An 8 sec street car is more impressive being driven on the street than a 6 sec track car being trailered to a hang spot. But that is just my $0.02

A couple of weeks ago there were a couple of non race trailer queens that showed up and I think one last night. Guess they didn't want to get them dirty, what fun is that? Blah, garage art.

It's just sad trucks/trailers will take up more space than the cars if the trend keeps going. How many spaces did the F350 and triple axle goose neck rig take up, I would say 8 or more. When we start pushing out regular BPS customers we may loose the hang out spot.

Looks like next month the TTTQ will be formed. Team Turbo Trailer Queen club of Hampton Roads or maybe just call it TcubedQ of Hampton Roads

Kyle you gotten all your parts now? That was the biggest hold on my project and the 120 day "well have it done in 30 days" paint job.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

had some fun the other night with ya chris.... sorry to hear about the car afterwards though. got my bottle heater hooked up and my fuel filter put in.... now i can hold 1100psi....

hey kyle, we should put the badass sound system in the "beast".... give it some value!
Old 09-03-2007, 08:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
anyone have autotap or some other scanning software that wants to come to my place and see what the hell is wrong with the car for me? if I had the money lying around, id just take it to be tuned...but whadda ya know...no $$$

on the way home last night, it started missing when I would take off from stop lights (let out clutch, give it gas, and the rpms drop and it doesnt want to go anywhere for a sec) Other than that, everything is fine. I figure ill pull the plugs and make sure I didnt burn any wires...

This morning I go to drive it to work, and I start it and let it warm up....everything seems fine, but then the check engine light comes on so I turn it off and pop the hood..I can smell coolant, but thats nothing new since it was leaking before (and we smelled it last night, but nothing was leaking). Well I look under the car, and there is a small puddle about 5'' wide...So I got under it and touched it and its coolant. I can see it on the front of the oil pan and on the Kmember....so either the block is cracked and the car drives but coolant is leaking from it (sarcasm)...or the water pump is going bad, or didnt seal when we put it on. All the hoses seemed fine, and I couldn't see any coolant leaking from the top of the motor...So, since I see it on the oil pan, and not on top of the wp, I think it's coming from under the wp...

but why is the CEL on? Will it come on if the wp is leaking?

I should've just sold this thing when I had the chance
Ive got a used waterpump from my 2001 with 63k on it if you need it.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NVR KNO
had some fun the other night with ya chris.... sorry to hear about the car afterwards though. got my bottle heater hooked up and my fuel filter put in.... now i can hold 1100psi....

hey kyle, we should put the badass sound system in the "beast".... give it some value!
1100 psi isnt going to make any more power in your car Sean,keep it around 900psi
Old 09-03-2007, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

brian said all my runs on the dyno were at 1100psi.... i was just going by what he said.... 900psi works better for me anyways.... doesnt take as long to heat it up.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
i am aware of the fact that tuning a car with alot of mods isent just a cake walk. My buddy jamie, who is on this website(Raise) no offense, but has probably had more f-bodies than all of us in our local group has, put together, hell he has even had an ls2 gto! Anyway, my point is, his latest creation, an 02 Z28 with 8000 miles on it that he just bought bone stock, has everything done to it already, that i want, as far as performance atleast, 228 cam texas speed stage 2.5 heads and a yank 3600 stall, and he introduced me to a guy that lives up here in newport news that tunes all of his cars when he mods them, and does it on the street and after riding in his car afterwards, u would have thought it came stock because it idles perfect and runs nasty. All im saying, is to me it doesnt seem competitve to pay almost $500 for a damn tune.
Hi Darren, I'm the guy that Jamie introduced you to. I tuned Jamie's pewter SS and the red Camaro that he has now. We can set your car up any time for the gears, it should only take a few mins. I usually come to BPS every Saturday night.

Jamie's latest car is freaking possessed, I have quite a few hours into that thing already and it's about 98% perfect. I've heard many horry stories about tuning TSP grind cams, and it seems they are true. I have tuned a TRex in an A3 before and it behaves better than Jamie's 228R!

BTW, my name is Chad.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:28 AM
FormerVendor

brian said all my runs on the dyno were at 1100psi.... i was just going by what he said.... 900psi works better for me anyways.... doesnt take as long to heat it up.

all that the higher psi does is add more nitrous,we proved when we put in the bigger jets and didnt gain any more power that you engine doesnt want any more nitrous.you would be just wasting it.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

no offense taking man. i never have nor never will say i know the most about f-bodies.... take kyle for example. we're always learning something new everyday. whats the tuners name??? and he lives in newport news?? how much is he gonna charge for a tune??
That's me, I'm Chad and yes I do live in Newport News. Charges vary depending on mods, transmission, and how extensive of a tune you want. Idle and street tuning a cammed and stalled A4 will be more expensive than idle tuning a H/C M6 due to the time involved to set up part and WOT shift points, TCC lock/unlock behavior, TCC DC for smooth lockup, etc. I can tune up to 4,000 RPM on the street (unless you have a WB), and can do the dyno tune as well if you schedule some time on one. Already been dyno tuned? No problem, I can work on drivability without making any changes to WOT.

Right now, I have software to tune all 1998 and 2002 F-bodies. I don't charge much though, and if you want to work something out we can purchase HP Tuners credits for other years of cars. I may pull the WBO2 out of my car though and make it portable, if there is enough interest. That way I can perform full street tunes, eliminating the need for dyno time. Just swap out one of your NBs and go .
Old 09-03-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
anyone have autotap or some other scanning software that wants to come to my place and see what the hell is wrong with the car for me? if I had the money lying around, id just take it to be tuned...but whadda ya know...no $$$

on the way home last night, it started missing when I would take off from stop lights (let out clutch, give it gas, and the rpms drop and it doesnt want to go anywhere for a sec) Other than that, everything is fine. I figure ill pull the plugs and make sure I didnt burn any wires...

This morning I go to drive it to work, and I start it and let it warm up....everything seems fine, but then the check engine light comes on so I turn it off and pop the hood..I can smell coolant, but thats nothing new since it was leaking before (and we smelled it last night, but nothing was leaking). Well I look under the car, and there is a small puddle about 5'' wide...So I got under it and touched it and its coolant. I can see it on the front of the oil pan and on the Kmember....so either the block is cracked and the car drives but coolant is leaking from it (sarcasm)...or the water pump is going bad, or didnt seal when we put it on. All the hoses seemed fine, and I couldn't see any coolant leaking from the top of the motor...So, since I see it on the oil pan, and not on top of the wp, I think it's coming from under the wp...

but why is the CEL on? Will it come on if the wp is leaking?

I should've just sold this thing when I had the chance
I can scan your car with my software, but can't tune any changes into it without buying more credits. However, Chris has offered to let me use his laptop to tune your car so let me know and we can meet at BPS or someplace and fix her up for cheap.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by I1ULUZ
Is that why the last setup didn't last very long, driving it on the street too much?

The old guys never have said anything to us about where to park this summer, last summer I noticed it but not this year.

And they are the guys that set it up with BPS so we could hang out there, instead of giving them ****, a THANKS should be in order.

An 8 sec street car is more impressive being driven on the street than a 6 sec track car being trailered to a hang spot. But that is just my $0.02

A couple of weeks ago there were a couple of non race trailer queens that showed up and I think one last night. Guess they didn't want to get them dirty, what fun is that? Blah, garage art.

It's just sad trucks/trailers will take up more space than the cars if the trend keeps going. How many spaces did the F350 and triple axle goose neck rig take up, I would say 8 or more. When we start pushing out regular BPS customers we may loose the hang out spot.

Looks like next month the TTTQ will be formed. Team Turbo Trailer Queen club of Hampton Roads or maybe just call it TcubedQ of Hampton Roads

Kyle you gotten all your parts now? That was the biggest hold on my project and the 120 day "well have it done in 30 days" paint job.

Driving it on the street had nothing to do with why the motor went.....
26 psi of boost did.... popped the head gaskets...
while i pulled the heads we wanted to check the bottom end....
There was piston movement in the block....
as it turns out Best just did a coating on the sides of the pistons instead of ordering new pistons.... wish they wouldnt of done that....
Coating wore off and pistons were to small for the bore...
Decided to go with a forged crank over the stocker since it was starting to flex.... 1300 hp can do some things

About the OLD guys im not thanking them for ****... there *** clowns and i dont care what they do for it....... the way they treated us last YR was like we were crap and didnt belong... so what there not doing it this YR.
We can always hang somewhere else.....
Maybe they changed the way they think this YR, but that doesnt change what they did last YR. I know alot of us havent forgot....
Your car wasnt out there....... ours was....

I think its awsome these guys are bringing out there 6,7, 8 sec cars.... even on trailers....
Maybe someone needs to tell them to park there truck and trailer setups down by BJ's... so it leaves more room for more cars closer down by BPS.

Now alot of those cars that are there are driven there...... but from about 5-10 miles away......
Some wouldnt make it if they drove all the way to the beach and you know it.....

I just dont see the problem with trailering a car......
Its the same reason for trailering a car to the track.....
Most could make the drive, run some awsome ET's and then drive home...... but there is that possibility that something could break and leave ya stranded.
Mine was more of a street car before and ill prob still drive it some on the street..... but my goals have now changed with the car.....
Im waiting on my new pistons from JE.
Im swapping quite a few other things....
Waiting on my new Turbo also.....

Kyle
Old 09-03-2007, 11:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Chad havent seen ya out latley man...........

Kyle
Old 09-03-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Chad.... Ive seen your car before at BPS.... Wasnt yours the one that messed up a couple weeks ago? Everything ok with it?
Old 09-03-2007, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

all that the higher psi does is add more nitrous,we proved when we put in the bigger jets and didnt gain any more power that you engine doesnt want any more nitrous.you would be just wasting it.
Understood....I definetly went through some nitrous this weekend.... Thats why I need to go ahead and order the new bottle!!
Old 09-03-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

****, if I could trailer my car to the track, then I definetly would.... (I guess if I didnt have so many other cars, I could have a trailer) I love driving my car, but its just the "what-if" when racing your car at track.... 6 krpm launches have the possiblitly of doing some damage.... with any setup.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:29 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by I1ULUZ

Well i guess i would rather be part of the turbo trailer queen club and have a car that proves its self at the track than be part of the dyno queen club and tell everybody on the internet or bass pro how bad my car is.
no offense to anybody a bass pro-i love the place on sat night-just dont rag on trailered cars that have PROVEN themselves.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:20 PM
12 Second Club

Well i guess i would rather be part of the turbo trailer queen club and have a car that proves its self at the track than be part of the dyno queen club and tell everybody on the internet or bass pro how bad my car is.
no offense to anybody a bass pro-i love the place on sat night-just dont rag on trailered cars that have PROVEN themselves.

Stirring the pot are we????
Old 09-03-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Regular

lol. Understandable; if i was to put in my .02 i would say id rather prove my **** on the streets (although compared to you guys atm i cant prove a damn thing but that im slow )
Old 09-03-2007, 02:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by KONG
Stirring the pot are we????
nope,just tired of hearing everybody bitching about onething or another.I have alot of opinions of my own but i dont come on here talking about them.
I dont like the color green but do you hear me going around saying that green cars shouldnt come to bass pro because i dont like them?NO I DONT!!!

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads People. In Here...